Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All I want to eat is cheese!

On 9/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, MargoCL said:

Ricotta Bake has your favorite craving "cheese" :) If you can have veggies, make a zucchini lasagna (substitute Pasta for layers of zucchini), homemade alfredo sauce with anything really, creamy Soups, chili (I make it with ground turkey and for variety I made both white chili and regular). Are you now on regular solids? If so, your options are limitless.

I am off any restrictions - just following the plan: 60-70g of Protein per day; minimum 600-800 calories; no bread, Pasta, rice; low-calorie, low-carb recommended -- and 64 oz of Water per day.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Finding healthy alternatives is definitely the way to go, but you need to pay attention to the type of hunger you're feeding. When it's all focused on one food, it's really a craving (head hunger), not actual hunger. Actual hunger would be satisfied with scrambled eggs or some yogurt.

Oh, my hunger is definitely satisfied by that. I think these are definitely cravings and I'm looking for some redirection. My meals have consisted of soft scrambled eggs, lots of shredded chicken and pork, and minimal veggies so far. Can't do salads/raw veggies for a while (one more month maybe?). I know I can eat just about anything else, I'm just having a hard time staying away from these cravings every day.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:50 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

I was never told that cheese and Peanut Butter don't count toward Protein. Interesting.

Not that it doesn't count, but I was specifically counseled to not use cheese as a Protein source because it is high in calories and fat. Peanut Butter is okay in small amounts - for example, adding a teaspoon to a chocolate Protein Shake with half a banana - but is very high in calories. I'm supposed to be between 600-800 calories per day for the next few weeks, so a tablespoon of peanut butter is the equivalent of one meal's calories.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:47 PM, Oct517 said:

Based off what you're craving it sounds like your body is telling you you need more protein!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I think you're probably right. And I've been in a little bit of a stall for the past couple weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if my body needs some more fats too to just get things moving.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, MargoCL said:

I've tried the Aldi version, I like them.

Have you tried these (see pic) for cracker alternative? 1537382301165.jpeg

I haven't but that sounds good! Haven't tried any cracker or chips.

19 hours ago, fluffy562 said:

I absolutely LOVE Peanut Butter. So to get that craving, I do a vanilla Premier Protein shake and the PB2 (powder peanut butter) and half a banana and some ice cubes. blend it in the blender. YUMMY

I've been doing this too -- either a tbsp. PB2 or a teaspoon of Simply JIF (lower sugar) with half a banana and a chocolate Isagenix shake & ice in the blender.

3 hours ago, BigViffer said:

A cheese craving means that your body is craving fat and Protein. Obviously you are preparing for mitosis.

Do you mean ketosis?

3 hours ago, Sadie24304 said:

I am also 7 weeks post op and all I am able to tolerate is Sharp Cheddar cheese. Is your stomach able to tolerate anything else? I am having a hard time eating without getting sick. I have tried so many different things and the only thing my stomach tolerates is the cheese. I need help lol.

I'm probably not going to be well-liked for making this statement, but really, nothing has bothered my stomach to date except for potentially eating a bite or two more than I really needed. I've had lots of different meats, cheeses, yogurts, Protein Shakes, etc. and since week 3 (when I could hardly keep the shakes down and switched from ready made to powders), I've not really had any problems at all. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with certain foods. It's so strange how different we all are with this.

19 hours ago, sleevedllama said:

Do you mean ketosis?

lol, no... Mitosis is cellular division. I was jokingly saying that you were going to divide in two.

Sorry, nerd humor.

2 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

lol, no... Mitosis is cellular division. I was jokingly saying that you were going to divide in two.

Sorry, nerd humor.

hahaha I was going to mention that. ;) (unless you meant she was ready to have her girlie-time which could them mean meiosis. :D hahahaha) Proud member of the nerd herd.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:47 AM, Matt Z said:

I can't stand honey mustard though...

Definitely won't like those then :lol:

Hopefully my tastebuds will still want these after October because they are delicious. Next up if to try out some of @sillykitty's "paraphernalia"! I think I am going to try the laughing cow paired with the cracker, maybe even the Kay's parmesan (I think) that I ordered and I am going to also try smoked gouda. Thanks for all of these wonderful suggestions!

On 09/19/2018 at 09:58, sleevedllama said:

I am 7 weeks post op and my appetite is back. Not as ravenous as I once was, so that is good, but I am hungry more often than every 3-4 hours and really, all I want to eat is cheese. I'm also craving Peanut Butter. Both are okay in small amounts but neither should be used for Protein. Hit me up with your ideas for meals at this stage that satisfied those savory/fatty/creamy cravings.

I’m hitting you up to say, go ahead and eat that cheese AND Peanut Butter in moderation.
Of course they count toward Protein. I eat both everyday as part of my protein goal. I’m 10 pounds under goal and still losing. I’m not bragging and not happy about it. I just wanted you to know that cheese and peanut butter has not kept me from reaching goal. I’ve eaten it since the first day it appeared as an option on my plan. I just buy natural products.
And, I don’t do the low fat thing, at all. I track all my food, every bite, but I don’t even care what the fat says because I’m more concerned about what is added to low fat foods. It’s usually more salt, more sugar and more chemicals and/or fillers.