Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one go home the same day ?

I stayed one night and I don't mind that I did. I was not given an option and didn't even think to ask to go home early. The time flew by and the staff was great.

I went home the same day. My surgery band to sleeve revision, was at 11:00 am and I was home by 8:30 pm.

Had my sleeve at an outpatient facility-went in at 6am and out by 3pm. I would have preferred an overnight for the iv pain meds and fluids (pills and Water are very difficult in the first few days)but I was self pay and what I could afford.

Thanks everyone , I spoke with my MD and he said that he prefers that I stay overnight, however if I feel well enough to go home the evening of my surgery he will let me . Personally I hate hospitals , used to work in one , and They are a huge source of bacteria and infection so it is best to get out sooner rather than later . My surgery is a week from yesterday , so I will let you all know what happens

I did it as an outpatient, but they had a nurse check on me that night and I went back to my surgeon in the morning to remove the drain — but I was self pay, so this was part of what they do to reduce costs.

I’m in Australia; normal stay for a sleeve is 3-5 nights. I stayed 3 nights which was perfect. I needed IV anti-emetics for post-op nausea which prevented me from vomiting. I had IV fluids and antibiotics for 36 hours. You’re supposed to be nil by mouth the first day. That’s a long time to go without fluids including pre-op fasting! No way could I have gone home the same day. I’m amazed that people do this. Does it cost extra for you folks in the USA?? I was out of it from the anaesthetic and analgesia too.... no complications. If you can spend even one night in hospital I would suggest it. Good luck

@ Cherl gut, Super Slick Mama, kudos to you , I could not do that! Having another rocky,AM, 2 weeks , and I feel as rotten as you Might have been. Don't move your location, Bathroom, I'm Coming!😧

My dr does outpatient regardless if you are self pay or not. I was self pay and it was $1900 per night extra. I would have stayed if needed but I really didnt need to. They loaded me up with IV drugs and fluids before I left. I didnt vomit once (and havent once since surgery) or really feel nauseous. My husband had nursed me through major back surgery the year before and he is very keen on my pain levels etc. and was lucky to have him help me through this procedure. He was methodical in measuring my liquids and tracking them for the first three days. I was happy to be in my own bed and have my puggle by my side to help me heal!!!

Out patient sleeve, and home (hotel) by early afternoon. The only pain I had was gas pain and I was grateful to be out of the hospital, free to walk the gas pains away in the comfort of my own "home".

Sleeve here. Had my surgery at 11:30 am but my clinic (not hospital) required you drink 36 oz of Fluid overnight and could use the facilities on your own. Overnight they also had me do laps around the nurses station to help with moving the gas out. Plus the IV fluids and pain meds helped a ton. I think I had like 4 or 5 bags of fluids.

This was way harder on me than my gallbladder removal or sinus surgery which both were a morning and head home in the eve type.

All I can say is that you all are Rock Stars, I stayed 2 nights and needed it, plus I have low tolerance for pain 😫 maybe it’s the age too, that plays a big roll I’m sure. I’m glad that you all are doing well. 🤗

I had surgery at 7:30 am and was out the following day at around 3:00 pm. You had to show that you could keep a Protein Shake (small amount) down before discharge. And it was awhile before they let me have anything. I wouldn’t try to rush it or pre-plan- take your time and have some help around for a day or two. As soon as I came home, reality hit and I had to do more than I would have liked.

I told my surgeon that I did not want to stay overnight and he said that if I felt OK I could go home the same day ? Any one do that ?

I ended up staying 2 days as I wasn't drinking enough Water.< br>
HW: 265 lbs
SW: 255 lbs June 2017
CW: 128 lbs