Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't understand!!!

I am preop so I haven't experienced any of this yet. In my information packet it does tell me what to expect to eat afterwards. It says ear Protein first then it has a list of other options. The biggest difference it says is that you shouldn't go over 1000 calories a day!?!? I noticed you said you are eating 1500. Here is a link to my doctor's site. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/dietary_guidelines_after_gastric_bypass/

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Kaseyn2boys said:

My intake is approximately 1500 calories for 2 days. Per my guidelines I should be eating 700-1000 calories a day, I burn about 200 per day exercising.

My numbers do not fluctuate on the scale, I think that is why it is frustrating. It's not up and down. It didn't move at all for weeks and then it just went up. and has remained up for almost a week now.

Technically I have only lost about 5 lbs in the 6 weeks I have been home.

Forgive me if you answered this already but are you tracking in an app like MyfitnessPal? Can you screenshot an example of say two random days weeks apart from when you stalled to when you jumped up?

I’m so sorry your having this frustration. Was wondering if you had tried to mix it up a bit. I know what the doctor told = Protein and carb but for me personally I’m doing 75% protein 15% carb 10% fat every couple of days I’m switching the fat and carb I’m 4 weeks out on the 29 th surgery was 8/29/18. 😉 you will find out what works for you best. I was 236 when I left the hospital and today I’m 217.

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Forgive me if you answered this already but are you tracking in an app like MyfitnessPal? Can you screenshot an example of say two random days weeks apart from when you stalled to when you jumped up?

Yes I use bariatrictastic. I posted two days of meals on the thread. I haven't really lost anything so I guess my stall would be from the day I came home on the 10th of August to like the 1st week of September and then I lost for about a week and then I gained 3 lbs. So I am not sure what time frame you're looking for?

8 hours ago, jrcjjesbennett said:

I am preop so I haven't experienced any of this yet. In my information packet it does tell me what to expect to eat afterwards. It says ear Protein first then it has a list of other options. The biggest difference it says is that you shouldn't go over 1000 calories a day!?!? I noticed you said you are eating 1500. Here is a link to my doctor's site. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/dietary_guidelines_after_gastric_bypass/

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

1500 in TWO days not per day.

7 hours ago, clsumrall said:

I’m so sorry your having this frustration. Was wondering if you had tried to mix it up a bit. I know what the doctor told = Protein and carb but for me personally I’m doing 75% Protein 15% carb 10% fat every couple of days I’m switching the fat and carb I’m 4 weeks out on the 29 th surgery was 8/29/18. 😉 you will find out what works for you best. I was 236 when I left the hospital and today I’m 217.

I started off doing about 75/15 I figured that was better, less carbs less sugars, but when I went to the dietitian on the 12th of this month he said I wasn't eating enough carbs.

Today was weigh in day, I only lost 4 oz, but I am taking it as a win!

On 9/21/2018 at 1:38 PM, clsumrall said:

I’m so sorry your having this frustration. Was wondering if you had tried to mix it up a bit. I know what the doctor told = Protein and carb but for me personally I’m doing 75% Protein 15% carb 10% fat every couple of days I’m switching the fat and carb I’m 4 weeks out on the 29 th surgery was 8/29/18. 😉 you will find out what works for you best. I was 236 when I left the hospital and today I’m 217.

I started off doing about 75/15 I figured that was better, less carbs less sugars, but when I went to the dietitian on the 12th of this month he said I wasn't eating enough carbs.

I don't know if this helps, but my program allowed mashed potatoes. Well, I ate them and it halted my weight loss for 3 weeks. We decided for my body, that I can't have straight potatoes like that. Now I limit carbs to around less than 50g a day.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, GreenTealael said:

On 9/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, Kaseyn2boys said:

Yes I use bariatrictastic. I posted two days of meals on the thread. I haven't really lost anything so I guess my stall would be from the day I came home on the 10th of August to like the 1st week of September and then I lost for about a week and then I gained 3 lbs. So I am not sure what time frame you're looking for?

I can't see the post with the meals. But try to first eliminate anything highly processed, too calorie dense & with more than 5g or sugar per serving or with added non naturally occurring sugar.

These could be an early stalls/plateaus. But it is very early

You may be carb sensitive. I am too. I stalled early out, I still stall quite often and usually for long periods so I often revise my pretty pure diet to suit my needs at the time.

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I can't see the post with the meals. But try to first eliminate anything highly processed, too calorie dense & with more than 5g or sugar per serving or with added non naturally occurring sugar.

These could be an early stalls/plateaus. But it is very early

You may be carb sensitive. I am too. I stalled early out, I still stall quite often and usually for long periods so I often revise my pretty pure diet to suit my needs at the time.

So eat nothing? I feel like thats my only other option at this point

RIght now for Breakfast I either have 1/2 cup cottage cheese, a poached egg, or a fat free greek yogurt.

for lunch I have. Canned chicken in a leaf wrap, Ground turkey with a little mustard and relish, or grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, banana peppers and feta cheese.

I will add a Protein Shake if I haven't hit my Protein goal.I have one lost weight one week out of the 7 I have been home.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:14 PM, GreenTealael said:

I would screenshot, but on top of everything else my phone screen won't turn on so I had to get a new phone, it will be here Thursday

9 hours ago, MissLindseyR said:

I don't know if this helps, but my program allowed mashed potatoes. Well, I ate them and it halted my weight loss for 3 weeks. We decided for my body, that I can't have straight potatoes like that. Now I limit carbs to around less than 50g a day.

I ate them when my dr told me to but then i gained so I stopped eating carbs as much as possible,hasn't helped

9 hours ago, Kaseyn2boys said:

So eat nothing? I feel like thats my only other option at this point

RIght now for Breakfast I either have 1/2 cup cottage cheese, a poached egg, or a fat free greek yogurt.

for lunch I have. Canned chicken in a leaf wrap, Ground turkey with a little mustard and relish, or grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, banana peppers and feta cheese.

I will add a Protein Shake if I haven't hit my Protein goal.I have one lost weight one week out of the 7 I have been home.

Of course that's not practical, those are suggestions if you feel like you *need* to do something to see quicker/greater losses. (Those recommendations are from my team)

You may have just been stalled, but now that you lost ozs things are moving again, just continue what you are doing (your plan) and try to understand that sometimes the process can be painfully slow. But you don't necessarily want quick, you want permanent.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, Kaseyn2boys said:

Today was weigh in day, I only lost 4 oz, but I am taking it as a win!

My dietitian / NUT prior to WLS kept telling me I wasn't eating enough carbs (I haven't seen her yet post WLS, appoint in Dec). And I've been on a yo-yo the last two weeks with weightloss / gain. I have a follow up today with my surgical team and will mention this, but where I was going with this was.... I could distinctly tell pre WLS and now post WLS that if I consume more than 30 Net Carbs per day I will NOT lose weight. I will maintain or gain weight.

So my question becomes - How can you be successful going against the NUT when you clearly know what your body is doing and how it's reacting to carbs? I'll let you know what the surgical team says. But at least this time I have it well documented in MFP how the carbs are affecting my weightloss.

@Kaseyn2boys - I think you have to find the right "recipe" for you. Remember, no two people are alike and this journey while we have lots of support (from the web and externally), it's our individual journey and we have to find what's right for us. It may require you pushing back to your dietitian but tell her what happens and start tracking for yourself what happens when you increase carbs, decrease carbs, etc... listen to your body. No one knows it better than you.

Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions and encouragement!!!!! I took a bit of advice from each one of you and things are finally on the move, since Tuesday of this week I have lost 4 lbs. I too believe I am carb sensitive, I have limited carbs to about 40-45G a day. I am also eating more calories. I am 5'8" so I don't think I was eating enough consuming only 750-780 calories a day, now I am consuming about 1000. I am still working out every day, but to see the scale move (down) for the time in a month, has lifted my spirits again!