Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Well,

I'm having a hard time getting Proteins in. I'm used to eating Peanut Butter, fish, nuts, etc. I hope I can come off this liquid diet at my post op check.

I have officially learned what hangry feels like and my family has paid for it.

My mom told me to stop yelling at her and that I hurt her feelings. You know it's bad when you snap on your own mom.[emoji36]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have to stay on stage 1 diet for one more week [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. This is my 1st post op visit today. My procedure was 10/29

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, CrankyMagpie said:

Could you get out of it? I know I'm not cleared to lift 10 pounds until my 1 month post-op appointment. That's enough reason not to be in charge of the turkey, right there. (You don't have to tell them what surgery you had, to say "I had surgery, and I am not up to this.") As family, they should understand.

And what I mean by "get out of it" is flexible. Maybe you supplement the things you are willing to cook/can eat with some premade sides and a small turkey breast instead of the whole bird, but you still host. Maybe you don't host at all, and someone else needs to take up the slack, this one year. But I'd encourage you to find some solution along that spectrum that you can live with, rather than try to do the whole thing yourself and (entirely reasonably) resent it.

My spouse and I are doing Thanksgiving on our own, and since neither of is is a big eater anymore, we'll either just eat normal food, or we'll mark the occasion with something really special like crab legs, which we almost never eat but both enjoy. I'm also going to make high-protein pumpkin custards (like pumpkin pie with some extra Protein and no crust).

Hey I responded but I guess it didn't submit? Oh well. Thank you for your concern. I wish I could get out of it but I know I just can't. I will have some help with the turkey and fixins (teenagers, husband, whipcrack...)but the thing that scares me the most is them (extended family) noticing that I won't be eating much (WAAA) of anything and the conversation that might transpire from it..

I LOVE crab and would love your pumpkin custard recipe maybe? That may be something I could have! :)

Thanks again for your reply ❤️

Hey I responded but I guess it didn't submit? Oh well. Thank you for your concern. I wish I could get out of it but I know I just can't. I will have some help with the turkey and fixins (teenagers, husband, whipcrack...)but the thing that scares me the most is them (extended family) noticing that I won't be eating much (WAAA) of anything and the conversation that might transpire from it..
I LOVE crab and would love your pumpkin custard recipe maybe? That may be something I could have!
Thanks again for your reply
Just tell them you think you have a stomach bug so you don't want to eat much if at all. You could always have Soup.< /p>

Being home. Not dealing with an hour commute each way. Not going to work or cooking huge meals. Resting. It’s all made me so patient and calm. My husband told me he thinks I’m easier to talk to. I hope this continues even after I have to go back to work.

Well,

I'm having a hard time getting Proteins in. I'm used to eating Peanut Butter, fish, nuts, etc. I hope I can come off this liquid diet at my post op check.

I have officially learned what hangry feels like and my family has paid for it.

My mom told me to stop yelling at her and that I hurt her feelings. You know it's bad when you snap on your own mom.[emoji36]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there girl! It will get better and easier...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey, October peeps! I have an odd question. It's in regard to portion sizes per meal. I'm currently on soft textured foods. The program I'm in states to have three meals per day, 1/4 cup each, and stop eating when you become full. I know tell doing lots of research and watching tons of YouTube videos that one person's sleeve will not necessarily be the same size as the next. My issue is...I can hold much more than 1/4 cup, even just a few weeks out. Like at least 1/2 to 3/4 cup. So here is the question. Do I eat what I can accommodate? Or do I stick to the recommended 1/4 cup per meal for the first 4 months? My information from the surgeon says 1/4 cup will make for less early stretching of the sleeve. I know some people say they can't even eat the whole 1/4 cup. This may resolve as I eat more solid rather than liquid foods like Soups and such. Your all's input is appreciated.

Hey, October peeps! I have an odd question. It's in regard to portion sizes per meal. I'm currently on soft textured foods. The program I'm in states to have three meals per day, 1/4 cup each, and stop eating when you become full. I know tell doing lots of research and watching tons of YouTube videos that one person's sleeve will not necessarily be the same size as the next. My issue is...I can hold much more than 1/4 cup, even just a few weeks out. Like at least 1/2 to 3/4 cup. So here is the question. Do I eat what I can accommodate? Or do I stick to the recommended 1/4 cup per meal for the first 4 months? My information from the surgeon says 1/4 cup will make for less early stretching of the sleeve. I know some people say they can't even eat the whole 1/4 cup. This may resolve as I eat more solid rather than liquid foods like Soups and such. Your all's input is appreciated.

Wow. Apparently I cannot type, or I don't pay attention to auto correct on my phone [emoji23]

I was sleeved on the 11th . And to be honest I eat whatever I want at this point . I eat until I am comfortably full not so full I’m sick . It seems to be about 6 to 8 oz servings

I was sleeved on the 11th . And to be honest I eat whatever I want at this point . I eat until I am comfortably full not so full I’m sick . It seems to be about 6 to 8 oz servings
And you're losing well? It's nice to hear this.

I am losing weight. I do go to the gym every day and walk about 6 miles on the treadmill. I haven’t been cleared for weights yet . I’m still on 20lb restriction. I go back to doctor on the 14th hoping I’m cleared for weight training then

I am on the liquid stage and although the doctor told me to drink 4oz per hour I can actually do 6-8oz and when I asked him if it was ok this morning he said “if it doesn’t hurt or give you nausea, you’re fine”. So I’m drinking 6-8oz of Water or Protein Shakes per hour and am fine, no pain or nausea.

51 minutes ago, Hrsnjs said:

Wow. Apparently I cannot type, or I don't pay attention to auto correct on my phone

Hi Hrsnjs. I had my sleeve done on 10/16. I’m eating solid foods now and I noticed that I can eat more of certain foods than others. My doctor wants me to get 60-80 g of Protein per day. They never said 1/4 of a cup. Today I was able to eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese which has 16 g of protein in it. Just make sure you’re getting enough protein and following the serving sizes. I hope that helps!

Hi Hrsnjs. I had my sleeve done on 10/16. I’m eating solid foods now and I noticed that I can eat more of certain foods than others. My doctor wants me to get 60-80 g of Protein per day. They never said 1/4 of a cup. Today I was able to eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese which has 16 g of Protein in it. Just make sure you’re getting enough protein and following the serving sizes. I hope that helps!
It does, thanks!