Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

9 hours ago, Kathy10/22 said:

Hello All. Just wondering if what I'm currently feeling is normal. 15 days out, and for the past few days everything I eat just makes me feel nauseated. I'm getting in my Protein and fluids (fairly religiously), and as of Wednesday this week I've been adding in more foods and crackers/toast. But, I'm just not excited about food. Something sounds good, but as soon as I eat it I just feel completely turned off and can barely finish anything except fluids. Normal?? Anyone else? Thanks for listening.

Sounds very normal. I am on a blended diet (mush!) for my first month. Also, people have said your tastes can change a lot after surgery. Like I've been enjoying 2 oz. of mashed potatoes because I never allowed myself potatoes on previous diets.

1 hour ago, pdamoci said:

I am 3 weeks post op. Can someone please tell many how many ounces I’m supposed be eating of cream Soups, ricotta cheese, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, etc?

I'm supposed to have 2 oz of those kind or things, with the inclusion of 2 oz of Protein Shake, 6 times a day. If it's clear broth or Protein shake, sometimes I have a bit more.

16 hours ago, mamadownsizing said:

I have a 5th incision where a drain was placed (my surgeon's choice with sleeves) and it is healed but still tender and has days where even bending hurts. The rest are fine. I think it's just a lot of healing going on.

I'm doubting myself this week... weight loss has really slowed 5 weeks out and I'm scared of it not working. I am eating the right amounts, Protein, etc... just this irrational fear that it's stopped working somehow. :(

I feel the exact same way. I’ve only lost 1 lb in the last week or so and I’m feeling like that’s it for me. I know it’s irrational but it’s scary!

What's your weight loss goals

Height: 5'3"

Surgery Date: 10/29/18

Highest Weight: 237
Surgery Weight: 210
Current Weight: 198
Goal Weight: 140

Also can you tell me a good stool softener or laxative that's ok for us to use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Height also 5'3"
Surgery date 10/22/18
Highest Weight: 320
Surgery weight: 243
Current weight: 229
Goal weight: 160 (set by my surgeon)

I was told we can use colace as a softener and occasionally senekot as a laxative. [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All! Sleeved 10/24 here. HW 309, SW 287, CW 277. Having a hard time with Constipation. Hoping that’s why the scale hasn’t moved much. It’s discouraging but I keep telling myself it will come!

Height: 5'9”

Surgery Date: 10/29/18

Highest Weight: 316
Surgery Weight: 295
Current Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 219 (This likely seems high to most people, considering many of you HAD surgery at this weight. My doc sets the goal at 60% of EWL - which is the average weight loss for the sleeve. He said its likely I’ll lose 12-15 BMI points. I like that he’s conservative because it sets more realistic ideas for me. If I lose more, great. If I “only” get to 220, I’ve still lost almost 100 lbs)

Surgery date: 10/31/18
Height 5’9”
Highest weight 298
Surgery weight 270
Current weight 262
Goal weight 195

I just want to weigh under 200lbs once in my adult life. Lol. I’ve been over 200 since I was 14. I’m 43 now.

It took me a while to figure out how to get all the fluids and Protein but yesterday it just all clicked. Yay! Now I just need to get cleared for purée foods so I can get some more calories in! Currently only getting 350-400/day and with all the walking I’m doing it’s leaving me pretty exhausted. 🤪 this board has been a great resource to me and I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

1 hour ago, Bhealthy8288 said:

Hi All! Sleeved 10/24 here. HW 309, SW 287, CW 277. Having a hard time with Constipation. Hoping that’s why the scale hasn’t moved much. It’s discouraging but I keep telling myself it will come!

Hi I was sleeved 10/26 and my scale has not moved in 6 days! I’m doing the right amount of fluids and doing brisk walks for 2 miles every day and nothing is coming off

Height 5'4"
Surgery date 10/23/18
Highest Weight: 217
Surgery weight: 207
Current weight: 196
Goal weight: 125

Hi Grapefruit Ive got major Constipation too Im on week 4 and had senokat last night but no movement ,