Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

43 minutes ago, Oct517 said:

My current favorite food (aka the only thing I can eat that doesn't make me feel sick): Egg white and ham muffins
118 cal, 16 g of Protein, 2 carb, 0 sugar, 0 fat
1/4 cup liquid egg whites
2 tablespoons of mild cheddar cheese
1 slice of smoke ham (deli style)
Snapchat-73580044.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

cannot wait to have this ...thank you very much for posting!!!

Had my post op appt. Sleeved 10/23 and he said I can have Thanksgiving turkey!,( ..if its pureed..) WAAAA! And still pureed stage until 4 weeks. And I'm cooking for the family (meaning extended family also...WAAAA again :*(

How will I survive??? I'm not telling anybody, lol ::meaning, I'm not telling my family about my surgery...😲 gasp

Edited by Byefat

5 weeks post op for me today. Loss has been slow these last few weeks, but I guess slow and steady is the way to go, right? :)

Transitional foods here - meaning mostly everything can be tried and chewed to a soft consistency before swallowing. Feeling pretty grateful to have a decent run with things agreeing with me.

I should have know the smooth rolling was too good to be true. Have been feeling good and getting in my protein/water since I got home. For some reason, yesterday was tough. I barely got my protein/liquids, but it was so much harder than the other days. And I DID.NOT.SLEEP. Some weird pain under my right collar bone - I’d had it when I did my breathing exercises, but it had been gone for about 4 days. Came back with a ROAR last night and I didn’t sleep a wink. So tired and in pain. Glad I have a doctor’s appt tomorrow. Maybe its because I couldn’t walk yesterday due to the rain?

@notmyname. I feel your pain. Last night was of the devil. Pain everywhere. I’m wondering if it’s like the body detoxifying or what? The first few days i felt amazing for just having had surgery.

@deltadentist last night was rough for me too. Up from 12-2am. My pain is around my belly button. Nothing is helping. I don’t know what it is. I know my doctor said I did not have a hernia prior to surgery.

Stitches, just muscle tenderness, something not sitting right, hormonal but my "bestess guess" as my,5 year second cousin Suzie says? Bowel fullness----- is 💩chugging along as it should?

Yep. Diarrhea yesterday. I think bestest guess is muscles saying WTF while building scar tissue.

12 hours ago, Byefat said:

Had my post op appt. Sleeved 10/23 and he said I can have Thanksgiving turkey!,( ..if its pureed..) WAAAA! And still pureed stage until 4 weeks. And I'm cooking for the family (meaning extended family also...WAAAA again :*(

How will I survive??? I'm not telling anybody, lol ::meaning, I'm not telling my family about my surgery...😲 gasp

Could you get out of it? I know I'm not cleared to lift 10 pounds until my 1 month post-op appointment. That's enough reason not to be in charge of the turkey, right there. (You don't have to tell them what surgery you had, to say "I had surgery, and I am not up to this.") As family, they should understand.

And what I mean by "get out of it" is flexible. Maybe you supplement the things you are willing to cook/can eat with some premade sides and a small turkey breast instead of the whole bird, but you still host. Maybe you don't host at all, and someone else needs to take up the slack, this one year. But I'd encourage you to find some solution along that spectrum that you can live with, rather than try to do the whole thing yourself and (entirely reasonably) resent it.

My spouse and I are doing Thanksgiving on our own, and since neither of is is a big eater anymore, we'll either just eat normal food, or we'll mark the occasion with something really special like crab legs, which we almost never eat but both enjoy. I'm also going to make high-protein pumpkin custards (like pumpkin pie with some extra Protein and no crust).

Question for everyone that has had surgery recently, does drinking fluids get easier? It so difficult and what if I can’t get enough fluids in then I’ll have to come back to the hospital. I’m just worried and a little anxious
I'm still having an hard time drinking enough. I guess I'll just take my spanking at the doctor's office Thursday.

I'll be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. Down 16 pounds

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well,

I'm having a hard time getting Proteins in. I'm used to eating Peanut Butter, fish, nuts, etc. I hope I can come off this liquid diet at my post op check.

I have officially learned what hangry feels like and my family has paid for it.

My mom told me to stop yelling at her and that I hurt her feelings. You know it's bad when you snap on your own mom.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app