Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

7 hours ago, Bmanns01 said:

The scale has really slowed lately but today I managed a non scale victory that helped make me smile....my first carnival ride....my son in law convinced me to try (since I still tend to see myself larger than I am) and not only did I fit but all safety belts and restraints latched without additional "help" from ride attendants and not once did I have to ask for a belt extension. Its a small victory but one that I will enjoy this summer. (My husband's employer sends us to cedar point every year....not the most enjoyable experience when you can't fit on a roller coaster. Not this year!!!! 😊)

IMG_4864.jpg

That’s a huge victory! You look so happy! Congrats!!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, notmyname said:

I still feel pretty cruddy all the time, but better than I was a couple months ago.

Are you taking any meds to alleviate the crudiness?

8 hours ago, Bmanns01 said:

The scale has really slowed lately but today I managed a non scale victory that helped make me smile....my first carnival ride....my son in law convinced me to try (since I still tend to see myself larger than I am) and not only did I fit but all safety belts and restraints latched without additional "help" from ride attendants and not once did I have to ask for a belt extension. Its a small victory but one that I will enjoy this summer. (My husband's employer sends us to cedar point every year....not the most enjoyable experience when you can't fit on a roller coaster. Not this year!!!! 😊)

IMG_4864.jpg

Yay you!!

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Are you taking any meds to alleviate the crudiness?

They put me on a stronger PPI, nausea meds, and some new specific Vitamins. I think that's what is helping. I'm on far more meds now than I was when I was 100# heavier. Maybe I'll keep feeling better and better and one day won't long for the days when I was obese and healthier.

My before and after 60 lbs down. My health is better and my legs don't hurt anymore when I walk. The weight is coming off slowly but its going. I went for my 6 month check and the doctor is happy with my results. He would like for me to drop another 20 lbs by August. I'm happy I got the procedure done.

Wow You look So Happy, just the newest in a line of Good Things Coming Your way!

Hello all! I weighted myself this morning and I was happy to see that I am -65kilos from when I started, that is 143lbs less !
Still have about 40 kilos more to lose (88-90lbs) but I am already so happy, reaching the weight I had in my university years (and that was like 20 years ago)
Congrats to all of us for taking the decision and doing the best we can for ourselves !!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

oh RoRo Kitty, it is so good to hear from you again! 65 Kilos down, that is wonderful in any measurement, a couple of my doctors use metric, being weighed, 90+ kilo , never thought I would see that , like you, it has been years. And also I weigh less than my son, I'm thrilled, I'm proud, he's peeved and now says " I need to see your surgeon" I am. Morbidly,Obese, BMI,is 38, mine is 33, which,entitles me to be simply" obese" and it gives me hope I will acheive"overweight" ,instead.

57 minutes ago, RoRoKitty said:

Hello all! I weighted myself this morning and I was happy to see that I am -65kilos from when I started, that is 143lbs less !
Still have about 40 kilos more to lose (88-90lbs) but I am already so happy, reaching the weight I had in my university years (and that was like 20 years ago)
Congrats to all of us for taking the decision and doing the best we can for ourselves !!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

You look fantastic! Congrats!

On 05/23/2019 at 11:47, Frustr8 said:

oh RoRo Kitty, it is so good to hear from you again! 65 Kilos down, that is wonderful in any measurement, a couple of my doctors use metric, being weighed, 90+ kilo , never thought I would see that , like you, it has been years. And also I weigh less than my son, I'm thrilled, I'm proud, he's peeved and now says " I need to see your surgeon" I am. Morbidly,Obese, BMI,is 38, mine is 33, which,entitles me to be simply" obese" and it gives me hope I will acheive"overweight" ,instead.
That is amazing! I would be so thrilled if I ever get to reach 90kilos!! I am 140 at the moment and my goal is to first reach 110. Then I will decide if I want to go down to just 100 or reach 90! I am so happy already though and continuing to the beat of my abilities :)

On 05/23/2019 at 12:32, Georgetown said:

You look fantastic! Congrats!

Still long way to go but thank you! I am so proud of me hehe

As you should be!!!!

I’ve lost almost 80lbs but weight loss has seriously slowed down. My hair is still falling out and my cholesterol went up!! Not happy... :(

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

and my cholesterol went up!

So did mine. My PCP was was so surprised that he ordered another round of blood tests to re-check. Hopefully it was a mistake of some kind because I don't want to go back to taking meds :(

Edited by ms.sss

On 05/25/2019 at 18:34, ms.sss said:

So did mine. My PCP was was so surprised that he ordered another round of blood tests to re-check. Hopefully it was a mistake of some kind because I don't want to go back to taking meds :(

I can’t believe I’m now taking meds for cholesterol. I was so sure it would go down after losing weight.

I haven’t lost any weight in weeks. Is anyone else struggling past the 6 month mark? Did I just lose all I’m going to? I need to exercise more but I moved and had to put my elliptical in storage :-(