Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

4 hours ago, Hrsnjs said:

I don't know that anyone can see much difference, but I can see a little. These are four weeks apart. The day of surgery before. Four weeks post op after. I have not put any full body shots together yet to compare. GirlShrinking, you look great!! Keep it up.IMG_20181116_175447_820.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

You can definitely see a difference! Onward!😊

I was feeling a little hungry with the 4-5 meals a day plan my doc recommended so I started eating more frequently, every 2-3 hours and is always lean Protein first, I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, 1/4-1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese for snack, ricota/zucchini bake for lunch, protein Jello (While making sugar free jello I mixed in protein powder) and protein Soup or protein mashed potatoes for dinner. I average 80g of protein and 700 calories a day. I also drink 64oz of Water a day just keep my water bottle next to me and sip all day. My nutritionist said that 700 calories is fine and protein also fine, she's not concerned I'm getting over 60g because it's lean protein and I exercise. I found that meal prepping is key, I plan and prep on Sunday and have the whole week's meals prepped and divided on separate containers so I just need to heat it up and am good to go. That keeps me on track.
I am doing the same exact thing as you, and hitting between 600-700 calories. I go back to work next week...today is my first meal prepping session.

New here. Sleeved on 10/29. Hit 40 pounds down as of this morning and it all feels a little unreal. I keep waiting for it to stop like it always did in the past!! Loved having a group like this when I was expecting my kids, so this should be fun. Looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, amy6152 said:

New here. Sleeved on 10/29. Hit 40 pounds down as of this morning and it all feels a little unreal. I keep waiting for it to stop like it always did in the past!! Loved having a group like this when I was expecting my kids, so this should be fun. Looking forward to it.

Wow that’s fantastic! Congrats!

On 11/25/2018 at 09:55, Georgetown said:

I think one of the biggest differences is how happy you look now! There’s a brightness in your eyes that wasn’t in the other picture! Great job!

That’s a great observation! I get that a lot as of recently. I wasn’t happy before even when I tired my hardest to hide it. I’ve been told my eyes speak when my mouth doesn’t(lol) . I’ve been able to sleep better since surgery and in turn have the energy to get up and move! Feeling reborn after this surgery :)

*cheers*

On 11/25/2018 at 12:00, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Congrats, @Shrinkinggirl!! Great job!

Is your goal 20# in 11 days?

Thanks 😁

And yes, I know that sounds insane but I’ve been losing pretty fast and been taking advantage of it doing cardio. My surgery was 10/24 and I had the sleeve done.

13 minutes ago, GirlShrinking said:

That’s a great observation! I get that a lot as of recently. I wasn’t happy before even when I tired my hardest to hide it. I’ve been told my eyes speak when my mouth doesn’t(lol) . I’ve been able to sleep better since surgery and in turn have the energy to get up and move! Feeling reborn after this surgery :)

*cheers*

YAY for you! It certainly shows!

Its funny, my therapist asked me how much I'd lost and I didn't know what to say - I have a spreadsheet with 3 totals: Total from my high weight, total from the day I started the pre-surgery diet, and total from surgery day. :)

I am the worst person to take pictures ever lol...I forgot to take a before full body to compare but I was a size 20 and am now 16 🙌. I got “before” pics bow after losing 25 lbs but at least the face pic I have from right before surgery thanks to my 4-year-old girl that loves taking pics hahaha...1 month difference below.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

3 minutes ago, Freiabr said:

I am the worst person to take pictures ever lol...I forgot to take a before full body to compare but I was a size 20 and am now 16 🙌. I got “before” pics bow after losing 25 lbs but at least the face pic I have from right before surgery thanks to my 4-year-old girl that loves taking pics hahaha...1 month difference below.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Awesome!

My scale hasn't moved in about a week and a half I had turkey and stuffing about 3 times it takes too long to digest I'm done with it. I'm not going nuts about the scale I know it will eventually move l Had surgery Oct 26th lost 21lbs so far.
Congratulations thats alot. I was sleeved on the 25 and ive lost 13 pounds. Your doing great[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am on my 5th week now. Can somebody please tell me about how many calories I’m supposed to be taking in each day?

I am the worst person to take pictures ever lol...I forgot to take a before full body to compare but I was a size 20 and am now 16 [emoji119]. I got “before” pics bow after losing 25 lbs but at least the face pic I have from right before surgery thanks to my 4-year-old girl that loves taking pics hahaha...1 month difference below.image-0.00298023223876953.thumb.jpg.a43933b4f3c2cb32862501273577b5f5.jpg
You look awesome! It's crazy how our faces change with weight loss. Keep it up!!

40 minutes ago, pdamoci said:

I am on my 5th week now. Can somebody please tell me about how many calories I’m supposed to be taking in each day?

I'm learning from this board that everyone is told something different from their practitioners. According to my surgeon/hospital, you'd follow the liquid diet week 1, the pureed diet week 2-5, and the soft food diet weeks 6-9. You can find them all here: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highland/bariatric-surgery-center/life-after-surgery/bariatric-diets.aspx