Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

@Freiabr. No not yet. I’ve been cleared to. My doc has asked for 1 hour 5 times a week. I haven’t taken action with my eating or exercising yet. My plan for today is to read and get some motivation. I’ve lost 14 pounds so far. I will update measurements on Tuesday at our 4 week mark. How are you doing with your Protein and Water intake? Any tips to your success?

Surgery was 10/24. I feel uncomfortable 98% of the time I eat. Don’t know if it’s because it’s too much, too fast or not chewing enough. I burp a ton and feel major discomfort. I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery. Had a cheat day thanksgiving and a day after. Back at it now and was eating perfectly all other days. Feeling worried I’m doing this wrong.

Surgery was 10/24. I feel uncomfortable 98% of the time I eat. Don’t know if it’s because it’s too much, too fast or not chewing enough. I burp a ton and feel major discomfort. I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery. Had a cheat day thanksgiving and a day after. Back at it now and was eating perfectly all other days. Feeling worried I’m doing this wrong.
I'm still feeling sorta like you. I have had to cut out the few carbs I was having. When I started eating more Protein in place of the carbs there was less need for Protein Shakes to meet my 80g. Hopefully now the scale will move. I got rid of the stuff I was having that I shouldn't have. I had surgery 10/22 and have also lost 14lbs. Hang in there...it will move for us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone my Fellow Fall Sleevers!!

I’ve been MIA on here pretty much focusing on tracking my eating, Vitamins and exercise(mentally purging the social media stuff) I had Surgery on the 24th of October and feeling great.
Is anyone submitting progress photos?

I added one.. my weightloss has been coming off slow but stead (I haven’t had a stall longer than a week) Today I’m at 227lbs

My goal is to hit 220 by Dec 20th and 200lbs by Dec 31st..

The holidays is the hardest of times to have this major surgery so I applaud anyone that has made it through this during the holidays! It sure is a mental battle and can be overly exhausting!!

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and keep up the hard work!💪

Also..don’t mind my appearance I’m still under construction :)

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

I’ve been MIA on here pretty much focusing on tracking my eating, Vitamins and exercise(mentally purging the social media stuff) I had Surgery on the 24th of October and feeling great.

I added one.. my weightloss has been coming off slow but stead (I haven’t had a stall longer than a week) Today I’m at 227lbs

The holidays is the hardest of times to have this major surgery so I applaud anyone that has made it through this during the holidays! It sure is a mental battle and can be overly exhausting!!

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and keep up the hard work!

image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.e0bdb96460fb9b3bb89ad80be8895e74.jpg
I don't know that anyone can see much difference, but I can see a little. These are four weeks apart. The day of surgery before. Four weeks post op after. I have not put any full body shots together yet to compare. GirlShrinking, you look great!! Keep it up.IMG_20181116_175447_820.jpeg

I need help. I had my surgery 10/26 .. . on soft foods but everything including Water makes me feel like I'm choking. Burping alot. One of my friends told me that I am losing weight to fast and that it is all mental. Mind you this is a skinny friend who has never had a weight problem in her life. I've decided to cut her off for a while because I don't need the negativity!!! I'm also struggling with Constipation ... I've tried everything and can't go. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow. I've been losing a pound a day and have lost over 30 pounds since surgery. Any suggestions?

I need help. I had my surgery 10/26 .. . on soft foods but everything including Water makes me feel like I'm choking. Burping alot. One of my friends told me that I am losing weight to fast and that it is all mental. Mind you this is a skinny friend who has never had a weight problem in her life. I've decided to cut her off for a while because I don't need the negativity!!! I'm also struggling with Constipation ... I've tried everything and can't go. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow. I've been losing a pound a day and have lost over 30 pounds since surgery. Any suggestions?
First things first.... take a deep breath. You seem very overwhelmed, I can't give you answers but can ask questions and offer suggestions that might help. Have you tried changing consistencies? There are lots of soft foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, that all have different consistency and can trigger your gag reflex or create that sensation. Have you tried chewing ice and using that to numb your throat and help prevent the choking sensation?
Weight loss amount really does vary from person to person. Depending on what your start weight was, 30 pounds isn't too much. To compare: my surgery was on the 17th and I've lost 25 pounds with a surgery weight of 230. You know your body. If YOU are concerned about the rate of loss, call your surgeons office and they should have an RN available to talk to you and can check in with your dr if they are concerned.
As far as poo goes... Milk of Magnesium mixed with prune juice, also known as a brown cow, is what we use here at the hospital to get even our most difficult patients to "release the kraken". Just be able to stay home all day and drink Gatorade! Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

FTI a little fecal humor to ride you over while you are waiting for,your inevitable. Yes I knew MoM and prune juice was a Brown Cow but do you know what you call a mixture of Prune juice and Vodka? Answer% A Piledriver! Happy 💩To You!

On 11/25/2018 at 07:15, Hrsnjs said:

I don't know that anyone can see much difference, but I can see a little. These are four weeks apart. The day of surgery before. Four weeks post op after. I have not put any full body shots together yet to compare. GirlShrinking, you look great!! Keep it up.IMG_20181116_175447_820.jpeg

Definitely can see a difference! It’s awesome to see the progress behind the hard work!

Thank you, btw!

I looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress 😊💪👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

2 minutes ago, GirlShrinking said:

Definitely can see a difference! It’s awesome to see the progress behind the hard work!

Thank you, btw!

I looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress 😊💪👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I think one of the biggest differences is how happy you look now! There’s a brightness in your eyes that wasn’t in the other picture! Great job!

21 minutes ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

First things first.... take a deep breath. You seem very overwhelmed, I can't give you answers but can ask questions and offer suggestions that might help. Have you tried changing consistencies? There are lots of soft foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, that all have different consistency and can trigger your gag reflex or create that sensation. Have you tried chewing ice and using that to numb your throat and help prevent the choking sensation?
Weight loss amount really does vary from person to person. Depending on what your start weight was, 30 pounds isn't too much. To compare: my surgery was on the 17th and I've lost 25 pounds with a surgery weight of 230. You know your body. If YOU are concerned about the rate of loss, call your surgeons office and they should have an RN available to talk to you and can check in with your dr if they are concerned.
As far as poo goes... Milk of Magnesium mixed with prune juice, also known as a brown cow, is what we use here at the hospital to get even our most difficult patients to "release the kraken". Just be able to stay home all day and drink Gatorade! Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the information. I've never heard of the brown cow but it sounds interesting. :)

20 hours ago, deltadentist said:

@Freiabr. No not yet. I’ve been cleared to. My doc has asked for 1 hour 5 times a week. I haven’t taken action with my eating or exercising yet. My plan for today is to read and get some motivation. I’ve lost 14 pounds so far. I will update measurements on Tuesday at our 4 week mark. How are you doing with your Protein and Water intake? Any tips to your success?

I was feeling a little hungry with the 4-5 meals a day plan my doc recommended so I started eating more frequently, every 2-3 hours and is always lean Protein first, I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, 1/4-1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese for snack, ricota/zucchini bake for lunch, protein Jello (While making sugar free jello I mixed in protein powder) and protein Soup or protein mashed potatoes for dinner. I average 80g of protein and 700 calories a day. I also drink 64oz of Water a day just keep my water bottle next to me and sip all day. My nutritionist said that 700 calories is fine and protein also fine, she's not concerned I'm getting over 60g because it's lean protein and I exercise. I found that meal prepping is key, I plan and prep on Sunday and have the whole week's meals prepped and divided on separate containers so I just need to heat it up and am good to go. That keeps me on track.

6 hours ago, GirlShrinking said:

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and keep up the hard work!💪

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Congrats, @Shrinkinggirl!! Great job!

Is your goal 20# in 11 days?