Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

5 hours ago, notmyname said:

I have reflux and my surgeon also recommended bypass, but after some tests said the sleeve would be OK, so that's what we did. I'm surprised your doc said to do a revision if you don't lose 50% - my doc said I'd only have to do revision if my reflux became intolerable. he said that only something like 10% of sleevers get worse reflux and 4-6% of sleeves need to be revised to bypass. Even if I "only" lose 50%, I'll be delighted. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose more, but I'd be fine if the ultimate loss is the average 60% EWL.

He said that if I lost over 50% of my excess weight, the surgery was a success and that revisions could be done if I didn't achieve the 50% which I think will be unlikely since I've already lost 21% at 3 weeks post-op. If I lose 50% I'll be extremely happy and I understand that this is entirely up to me to lose all the 100%.

First day today that I reached my Protein goal (60g) since surgery!! It’s so hard to get it all in since I get full so quickly!

Still working on getting in all my fluids.

First day today that I reached my Protein goal (60g) since surgery!! It’s so hard to get it all in since I get full so quickly!

Still working on getting in all my fluids.
Good job! Keep reaching, it gets easier!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 minutes ago, chuckwalsh said:

Just weighed myself after 2 weeks of not.. averaged 6 lbs per week.. not bad.. its been a month since surgery. 10/22

Hw:497
Sw:476
Cw:431

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats! Happy thanksgiving!

1 hour ago, Grapefruit said:

I crossed the threshold on Thanksgiving... Severely Obese to Obese! 🤣 Keep pushing everyone!

My last weigh in I was right on the threshold, so I expect to cross it next week when I weigh in (I'm only weighing on Mondays) and am ridiculously excited.

And I am teetering on the brink myself, still morbid this week, by December 10thi could be merely obese. This is the only place where being merely obese is a compliment and overweight is a goal. A little skewed but look where we may have come from!😝✊😝

So ya. Thanksgiving.. man.. what a strange experience.. not going to lie.. I had some stuff today couple chips.. like 4-5 queso laden tortilla chips.. and 2 crackers with cheese pre dinner..

then.. for dinner even when I tried to take smaller portions of each item.. my plate was still full once I was done serving myself.. but..

to my surprise.. about a quarter way through the plate I started getting the uncomfortable feeling in my throat.. which tells me it's time to stop eating. so I did a few more bites.. gave the rest of one small piece of ham to the dog.. then that was that..

my stomach really does control my eating.. which.. not surprises me.. but makes me feel relieved.. because even when I tried to do small portions it was still a ton of food.. and my stomach wouldn't let me overdo it.. was a very strange in a good way experience.. I still did overeat today but nowhere near as much as I could have..

So ya. Thanksgiving.. man.. what a strange experience.. not going to lie.. I had some stuff today couple chips.. like 4-5 queso laden tortilla chips.. and 2 crackers with cheese pre dinner..

then.. for dinner even when I tried to take smaller portions of each item.. my plate was still full once I was done serving myself.. but..

to my surprise.. about a quarter way through the plate I started getting the uncomfortable feeling in my throat.. which tells me it's time to stop eating. so I did a few more bites.. gave the rest of one small piece of ham to the dog.. then that was that..

my stomach really does control my eating.. which.. not surprises me.. but makes me feel relieved.. because even when I tried to do small portions it was still a ton of food.. and my stomach wouldn't let me overdo it.. was a very strange in a good way experience.. I still did overeat today but nowhere near as much as I could have..

I had about the same experience and I am also relieved. I ate probably more than I should have, but it was only like 5-10% of what I normally would have...and I am loving it. I don't feel deprived. It's wonderful. I had what I wanted. Stayed away from breads and don't like stuffing...but had all the good low carb stuffs. Little teeny bits. 🥰

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Has anyone started to feel pain again in the main incision area weeks after surgery I felt like I was getting better now the pain feels like it did a week after surgery and my surgery was Oct 26th. I just called my Drs office in waiting for someone to call me back because u don't know if u show go to the ER or what. It sorta feels like a burning sensation and when I sneeze it hurts a lot and it only did that right after surgery. Need some insight

Has anyone started to feel pain again in the main incision area weeks after surgery I felt like I was getting better now the pain feels like it did a week after surgery and my surgery was Oct 26th. I just called my Drs office in waiting for someone to call me back because u don't know if u show go to the ER or what. It sorta feels like a burning sensation and when I sneeze it hurts a lot and it only did that right after surgery. Need some insight
I started feeling pain in my largest incision 3 weeks after surgery. The pain still comes and goes. The doctor said it's from my muscle healing from the surgery and the deep stitches in that incision. It would hurt when I cough, stretch and even stand straight up to fast. It doesn't hurt as much now but I will get a sharp pain sometimes

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know maybe I've been doing too much. Just got me a little nervous because this pain just came back a few days ago. And I go back to work on Tuesday so not ready but I have to smh. Just want clarity with this before I do go back to work.

I had my surgery on October 17th, and I still get pain on the right side from time to time. I went back to work after 2 weeks because I had no choice. I have a pretty physical job, and when I do more physical stuff, like push heavier items, I feel where the muscle is healing still. It's better when I remember to focus on my posture and use my legs and back muscles more. Then it's more of a dull ache that goes away with rest and sleep. I think you will be fine, muscle scar tissue just hurts as it builds sometimes. Listen to your body and just pause and rest when you need to if possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app