Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

7 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

And I'm up again.... so my rolling "week" is a gain. So upset about this... not sure what to do except to continue doing what I am... but What The Hell body!

Dang! I'm so sorry! ((hugs)) scales, can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em!!!

You've got the right attitude. Hang in there!!!! Just keep swimming. I swear you will see a whoosh!! Also pound the water! And are you drinking green tea? I had to stop mine when my tum stuff started and I'm pretty stalled out right now and I swear the Green Tea was totally helping rev up my metabolism...but maybe it was just the IF!

How long are you IFing each day?

24 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yesterday went great! No issues with the 24hour fast. Broke my fast with an 11oz chocolate premier that I pounded down between two cups of coffee and a drop of peppermint extract. YUMMY! Fu*k you Starbucks. We broke up. It's not you, it's me. LOL. Tastes like Christmas--now I can watch my Hallmark Holiday Movies as God intended me to...with a hot cup of peppermint mocha coffee. :) Then had a taco salad an hour later.

Went to bed with a full belleh. Meh.

Have my UGI and U/S today starting around 11am. I'm cheating this morning cuz I desperately needed just 1 cup of black decaff. I'm supposed to be nothing by mouth...but I'm betting it and my bottle of Water will be long gone by 11am.

Gonna be a long day. My tests are in one building and my doc appt is this afternoon 2.5miles away on another campus. Depending on weather, I'm contemplating using the time between the last test and my PCP to walk there. It's not a beautiful walk...it's the Houston Med Center, but it should be safe enough to do. Supposed to be chilly this today, but it may rain. So I may end up taking the bus or a shuttle if they have one. Gotta do recon. I've not done 2.5mi at one go before.

Will be another 24hour fasting day. Am already hungry for blackened sockeye on the George Foreman Grill! Will have asparagus and my lovely avo/tom salad.

Good luck with testing! And the walk!

9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

And everything is the same right? Sodium and sleep levels?

Just go with it...

No changes other than stress.

Cash!

KALE... I forget if I'm metabolizing fat but dont have enough soluble Fiber from the right type of vegetables my body will not move it along....

Im always trying to get someone to eat Kale lol

Worth a try 😏😏

Edited by GreenTealael

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Dang! I'm so sorry! ((hugs)) scales, can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em!!!

You've got the right attitude. Hang in there!!!! Just keep swimming. I swear you will see a whoosh!! Also pound the water! And are you drinking green tea? I had to stop mine when my tum stuff started and I'm pretty stalled out right now and I swear the Green Tea was totally helping rev up my metabolism...but maybe it was just the IF!

How long are you IFing each day?

I'm still working on hitting my 128 oz goal a day, some days are better than others. I don't drink green tea, I sometimes have some sugar free energy powder in my Water, 60mg of caffeine, in addition to the caffeine I get each morning with my coffee. Nothing else really has changed except the stress. I shoot to IF between 6pm and 8am. Sometimes it slides a little back, but I don't usually break the fast at 8, it's not typically until sometimes as late as 11.

Oh yeah! I second the satisfaction of seeing the scale move after a 1lb poop! :D

18 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

I'm still working on hitting my 128 oz goal a day, some days are better than others. I don't drink green tea, I sometimes have some sugar free energy powder in my Water, 60mg of caffeine, in addition to the caffeine I get each morning with my coffee. Nothing else really has changed except the stress. I shoot to IF between 6pm and 8am. Sometimes it slides a little back, but I don't usually break the fast at 8, it's not typically until sometimes as late as 11.

Hey how big (by volume) of leafy greens do you and can you eat in your salads?

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey how big (by volume) of leafy greens do you and can you eat in your salads?

I have to figure out how track that!

Home salads I often wilt the kale first because I don't use dressing, but usually 3 handfuls. Spinach and lettuces I do by heaping handfuls, 2 at most.

When out I order the largest salad always

If I had to guess 2 cups of leafy greens,in addition to the other sides in the salads but that sounds off in some way

I will get a proper bowl soon for measurements

49 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I have to figure out how track that!

Home salads I often wilt the kale first because I don't use dressing, but usually 3 handfuls. Spinach and lettuces I do by heaping handfuls, 2 at most.

When out I order the largest salad always

If I had to guess 2 cups of leafy greens,in addition to the other sides in the salads but that sounds off in some way

I will get a proper bowl soon for measurements

On the way to med ctr love being a passenger. Lol! Can't wait to hear! I'm doing my main green 1oz, green2-1/2oz, green3-1/2oz plus other veg 1/2oz each. Maybe about another couple of ounces total. I just quit putting it in a measuring cup now I know by weight what I eat--cuz it looks like so much it makes me depressed I eat that much. But in my defense the chew down to about 1/2 the original volume.

Edited by FluffyChix