Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Great info, I agree with the less eating hours obviously

And i think if you try you can still eat plenty of vegetables especially leafy greens and stay in ketosis,

(although I suspect Im virtually never in ketogenesis anymore lol fruit...)

I can absolutely attest to this! :) You can cram pack a buttload of veggies (leafy and low glycemic) into 40g of total carbs per day...even in 20g of total carbs. I am now averaging loosely between 20-55g of total carbs on any given day that net out and average to anywhere from about 15g-35g of net carbs give or take. And I'm am squarely and fairly in ketosis. Now granted, I've been Keto adapted for years!!! And I'm now exercising every day...

But, for most of us in the first stages of WLS, we are ketogenic by virtue of our very low calorie diet (VLC) even in the absence of being low carb. Keto happens through deprivation of calories or by suppressing carbs (completely independent of fat or proteins!).

Boiler Plate Disclaimer: BTW! NOT that I am pushing my woe or trying to recruit! Just offering anecdotal commentary!!! I fully support your individual woe regardless of what it is...as long as it's something you can sustain for a lifetime! And even if it isn't, as long as you can do it to get you to the finish, then have an excellent exit strategy to a lifelong plan, yeeehaw!!! CUDOS!!! I'll be your cheerleader and your huckleberry!

Edited by FluffyChix

Y'all,

INTERMITTENT FASTING

This is the first time I've ever lost weight during hell week... 156lbs and I only know courtesy of my new high fashion footwear lol

(Stubbed toe, just looks &feels bad but I had to go to the ER to make sure)

IMG_20181023_153630.jpg

Congrats on losing weight during HW!!!! So sorry to hear about your foot but so glad it was a sprain rather than something worse!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Congrats on losing weight during HW!!!! So sorry to hear about your foot but so glad it was a sprain rather than something worse!

It may not even be that bad, I should be able to tell by tomorrow depending on pain levels...

Just hurts

Ok ... tons of this thread to catch up on!

I'm here .... not currently IF-ing due to work travel/meetings. Not eating well either, cause, just cause :P.

But, despite all that, I was down, as I posted the other day, and I was down again right before I left on this trip. We'll see what the scale says when I'm back home.

I'm really crazy excited about about that, not just for the loss. I'm hopeful that my prolonged super low cals (sub 500) didn't wreck my metabolism. For weeks now I've been well over 1000 cals/day on avg, some days even over 2000 cals :blush:. And I've been able to maintain and or lose at those cals. That honestly gives me so much hope for long term sustainability, and quality of life.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, FluffyChix said:

And while you are at it, you could entertain us with your cardio tales. I call this "Cardio Talk" with SillyKitty. Ha! Have fun on your date!!

Can you imagine how much more I would be down if I was in town more often and had more time for cardio?? :lol: :lol:

On 10/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, FluffyChix said:

Hahaha! Well don't stop with boring food. Post shenanigans pics whydoncha?

Shenenagin pics you say ....

On this episode of Sorta Bariatric Crap I Eat At 30,000 Feet

Sillykitty is on a layover, and can't resist the siren call of PF Changs

1762397459_LWbefore.thumb.JPG.08aa3665f85cde5e6f1d14f8fa579070.JPG

256299306_LWafter.thumb.JPG.8ecba529ad7b0c13fb4135dab724b3c1.JPG

Sillykitty meets a carb she doesn't like, and doesn't receive the the promised pimento cheese (i.e. protein) that may have redeemed this sad excuse for a ($12!!!!) pretzel

667228765_pretzelbefore.thumb.JPG.495c726403f5548196648fcd88a0655e.JPG

969170470_pretzelafter.thumb.JPG.4eac5d07e33f91bb5518b09241071475.JPG

Sillykitty gets a rare dinner alone wile traveling and not at an airport or on a plane! (Thai chicken Massamun Curry)

119881262_Currybefore.thumb.JPG.90859e04ea8f572c39ee0da661b553e2.JPG

1983077309_Curryafter.thumb.JPG.1756b694eb6922aa117205c4628a2a3b.JPG

Sillykitty eats a tiny little burger (with bacon!) while waiting for her flight to board

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1a536464721_burgerbefore.thumb.JPG.e1ee6b98ce79f1c0d9695934021c64af.JPG

679039650_burgerafter.thumb.JPG.902b80d027c2870dd3b86dd86470c873.JPG

Edited by sillykitty

On 10/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, Matt Z said:

OK... here's a pic for you, pants I wore prior to surgery in March... Size 50 waist.

120956504_BigPantsSmallGuy.thumb.jpg.3a1b24c11d58da52f51882d96b66159d.jpg

You look fantastic! Congrats!!!

8 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh, btw, potassium is back to normal again. Yay team!

Yay!!

57 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Y'all,

INTERMITTENT FASTING

This is the first time I've ever lost weight during hell week... 156lbs and I only know courtesy of my new high fashion footwear lol

(Stubbed toe, just looks &feels bad but I had to go to the ER to make sure)

IMG_20181023_153630.jpg

Oh no!! That's not a cute new winter boot!?!

8 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Stressed and frustrated. Hoping that 210-215 isn't my lower limit... now to try to double down and get back on tract... 22 days until my "deadline"... lots of stress in my life right now too that I'm sure isn't helping matters .at.all. sigh.

I was there a couple of week's ago Matt. I thought I had reached my set point, and was pretty unmotivated. But low and behold, scale is moving in the right direction again. So there is still hope, even when we et close to goal :)

37 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Oh no!! That's not a cute new winter boot!?!

matches my eyes...

(If I trip one more damn time)

Edited by GreenTealael

Yesterday went great! No issues with the 24hour fast. Broke my fast with an 11oz chocolate premier that I pounded down between two cups of coffee and a drop of peppermint extract. YUMMY! Fu*k you Starbucks. We broke up. It's not you, it's me. LOL. Tastes like Christmas--now I can watch my Hallmark Holiday Movies as God intended me to...with a hot cup of peppermint mocha coffee. :) Then had a taco salad an hour later.

Went to bed with a full belleh. Meh.

Have my UGI and U/S today starting around 11am. I'm cheating this morning cuz I desperately needed just 1 cup of black decaff. I'm supposed to be nothing by mouth...but I'm betting it and my bottle of Water will be long gone by 11am.

Gonna be a long day. My tests are in one building and my doc appt is this afternoon 2.5miles away on another campus. Depending on weather, I'm contemplating using the time between the last test and my PCP to walk there. It's not a beautiful walk...it's the Houston Med Center, but it should be safe enough to do. Supposed to be chilly this today, but it may rain. So I may end up taking the bus or a shuttle if they have one. Gotta do recon. I've not done 2.5mi at one go before.

Will be another 24hour fasting day. Am already hungry for blackened sockeye on the George Foreman Grill! Will have asparagus and my lovely avo/tom salad.

And I'm up again.... so my rolling "week" is a gain. So upset about this... not sure what to do except to continue doing what I am... but What The Hell body!

6 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

And I'm up again.... so my rolling "week" is a gain. So upset about this... not sure what to do except to continue doing what I am... but What The Hell body!

And everything is the same right? Sodium and sleep levels?

Just go with it...