Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had 3 days like this. Things will get better. You will find foods you like. You will have better days. I’m a year post op, and I’ve discovered veggie pastas, cauliflower crust pizza, and I now really like refried Beans with cheese. Before, I wouldn’t touch refried beans.
I was in the grocery store today and saw a cauliflower crust for pizza. Is it good?

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was in the grocery store today and saw a cauliflower crust for pizza. Is it good?

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Read the ingredients, I've found that some of those cauliflower crusts have rice flour, or other alternative flours which have equally as much if not more carbs.

Check out Pinterest for Keto pizza crusts which use some great alternatives and truly low carb pizza crusts

Read the ingredients, I've found that some of those cauliflower crusts have rice flour, or other alternative flours which have equally as much if not more carbs.

Check out Pinterest for Keto pizza crusts which use some great alternatives and truly low carb pizza crusts
Thanks for the response. I will check it before I buy it. I really miss pizza!!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using BariatricPal mobile app

Sent from my SM-T330NU using BariatricPal mobile app

We've made one with almond flour, cream cheese, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Our household each gets it's own personal size so we can add our own ingredients (sauce, pepperoni, etc)

22 minutes ago, Dollymom said:

OK, I haven't tried these yet because I'm still on puree but I've got my eye on them! This company makes pizza and enchiladas. They have 2 types of Pizza Crust, one made from cauliflower, and one make from chicken! What?! Anyway, reviews seem to be good. They have the pizzas at Fred Meyer here but I haven't seen any of the enchiladas around. I think you can buy them on Amazon or search for a store nearby.

https://www.realgoodfoods.com/

real good pizza.jpg

On 08/28/2018 at 13:38, shortmocha said:

I'm with you. I'm 2 months out and the last couple of weeks have been difficult. I was fine right after surgery. No problems with the purees and shakes and the weight was sliding right off. As I've started eating solids it's been a struggle. It's not so much that I want something I shouldn't have but even things that are on the list may or may not make my tummy happy. If I don't do tiny bites chewed very well I'm going to be in trouble. Lately I've gone back to more shakes cause it's quicker and easier. Even if I drink them too fast it's an issue.

Don't get me wrong... I'm totally excited about 40lbs in 2 months. I'm able to do more at the gym. People come up to me all the time and comment on my weight loss. I've been able to reduce the insulin I use by half. There are already plenty of positives. I just wish eating wasn't such a chore. That and trying to get down the stupid Vitamins frustrates me. It's still early in this journey and I'm hopeful that I'll settle in a little better in the coming weeks.

Hope you guys find a happy place on this journey too.

Have you tried liquid vitamins? They’re much easier!

Can you taste the Protein power? I’m trying to find something I can mix with yogurt and a little fruit and not taste.
Thanks!
I like Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. It was recommended by my nutritionist

Bypass is reversible. They just dont typically reverse it but it can be done. As everything is still inside nothing was removed. Also you are only a few weeks out from surgery you need to give yourself time to adjust. Myself I'm 9 months out and I've had no complications at all either. It does get better.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

You are two weeks out. You shouldn’t be eating anything. You should be having liquids and Protein Shakes. You aren’t ready for food. It gets better. I’m 5 months out and I can now comfortably eat tiny amounts of food. I’ve lost 72 lbs. it’s tough at first but you’ll lose weight and be healthier and feel sooo much better! Hang in there! And stop eating! Drink drink and drink!

jacky
It's different for everyone. Different countries seem to have different food schedules. As do different surgeons a d dietician's. I was eating solid foods at 2 weeks post op. I did full fluids doe 2 weeks and then way told I could start solid foods.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

My husband wants me to try a support group. I’m going Thursday after work but I’m getting better. I made dinner for 1st time since surgery for my family last night. I figured the trick. I ate my dinner before I started cooking. I felt myself. Now I’m dealing w a 1 week stall didn’t expect it this soon but I’m starting my exercises n weights this week now that I’m 6 wks post op. I’m sure that will break it. I’ve also noticed my skin isn’t firm anymore. It’s softer n squeashy. Although I was big I had a lot of firmnessnow that gone so I’ve got to begin weight lifting to firm it back up some. I’m also doing a body skin routine to help like using coconut oil wash oil n body scrub to side in firming my skin. I’m also using Nivea’s firming products. I got my resistance ropes last weekend n will start using those tonight.

Thks. My husband wants me to try a support group. I’m going Thursday after work but I’m getting better. I made dinner for 1st time since surgery for my family last night. I figured the trick. I ate my dinner before I started cooking. I felt myself. Now I’m dealing w a 1 week stall didn’t expect it this soon but I’m starting my exercises n weights this week now that I’m 6 wks post op. I’m sure that will break it. I’ve also noticed my skin isn’t firm anymore. It’s softer n squeashy. Although I was big I had a lot of firmnessnow that gone so I’ve got to begin weight lifting to firm it back up some. I’m also doing a body skin routine to help like using coconut oil wash oil n body scrub to side in firming my skin. I’m also using Nivea’s firming products. I got my resistance ropes last weekend n will start using those tonight.

Those resistance ropes and bands are really good, you can do your thing at your convenience. Don't on the what you can't do, Celebrate, the "Wow I Cans" of life . And daily there will be. the "wows" only you will,know about. But this is yourWEIGHT journey,, your successes will,be yours.