Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone been Re-sleeved in Mexico??? Help!!



Recommended Posts

Hello to all sleevers!! It has been a very long time since I have posted here. Lately I’ve been lurking around because I have some questions regarding being re-sleeved. First let me give you some back story. I was sleeved about 7 years ago. Had amazing success! I did self pay in Mexico through a surgeon in Cancun Dr Perez. He was a wonderful the surgery went well I had no complication or issues. Lost tons of weight and kept it off. I am now pregnant with my second child and most likely my last. I have definitely put on some weight in the last two years mostly due to pregnancies but I have definitely noticed I am able to eat so much more and so much more often then I used too. I was also aware that my surgeon at that time did not use the smallest bougie but a little larger one because bmi was on the lower end. I hope I can just get the remaining weight off myself but in case I gain more or I can’t get my restriction back I would like to look into options into re-sleeving. Or at least what surgeons are available to do it? What the costs are for re-sleeving now? Anyone have good or bad experiences.? My Old coordinators email is not active anymore (it’s been 7 years) but she was amazing she also lined up surgery for my mom and best friend who also did self pay in Mexico and had amazing results and are maintaining. I wouldn’t be considering surgery till June or July of 2019. But I wanted to start doing some research now and wanted to get all the info necessary for me to make an informed decision if I needed too.

Oh and to all of you in doubt or planning to get sleeved but debating....it was the best damn thing I ever did changed my entire life!! I felt amazing had tons of energy and was committed to living a healthy lifestyle. It is just a tool but if you utilize it you will reap great benefits!

If anyone out there has any info you can help me with or any coordinators you recommend I can reach out to inquire more info I would really appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anita2012

I would love the opportunity to discuss our surgeon Dr. Jalil Illan and BariatricPal Hospital MX services with you.

You can read about Dr. Illan here

https://bariatricpalhospitalmx.com/weight-loss-surgeries/overview/

Watch what our patients have to say about Dr. Jalil Illan and BariatricPal Hospital MX

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/368798-dr-illan-and-bariatricpals-team-mx-patient-testimonials/page-7#entry4359687

Tour BariatricPal Hospital MX

https://bariatricpalhospitalmx.com/

Please feel free calling me 619-900-7808 when you have a free minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Bill is their an email I can contact you at where I can send you my questions and get more information on surgery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anita2012 said:

Hi Bill is their an email I can contact you at where I can send you my questions and get more information on surgery?

Sure it's Bill@bariatricpal.com If you check your email you'll see I emailed you six hours ago :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just emailed you back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/20/2018 at 9:14 p. m., Anita2012 said:

Hello to all sleevers!! It has been a very long time since I have posted here. Lately I’ve been lurking around because I have some questions regarding being re-sleeved. First let me give you some back story. I was sleeved about 7 years ago. Had amazing success! I did self pay in Mexico through a surgeon in Cancun Dr Perez. He was a wonderful the surgery went well I had no complication or issues. Lost tons of weight and kept it off. I am now pregnant with my second child and most likely my last. I have definitely put on some weight in the last two years mostly due to pregnancies but I have definitely noticed I am able to eat so much more and so much more often then I used too. I was also aware that my surgeon at that time did not use the smallest bougie but a little larger one because bmi was on the lower end. I hope I can just get the remaining weight off myself but in case I gain more or I can’t get my restriction back I would like to look into options into re-sleeving. Or at least what surgeons are available to do it? What the costs are for re-sleeving now? Anyone have good or bad experiences.? My Old coordinators email is not active anymore (it’s been 7 years) but she was amazing she also lined up surgery for my mom and best friend who also did self pay in Mexico and had amazing results and are maintaining. I wouldn’t be considering surgery till June or July of 2019. But I wanted to start doing some research now and wanted to get all the info necessary for me to make an informed decision if I needed too.



Oh and to all of you in doubt or planning to get sleeved but debating....it was the best damn thing I ever did changed my entire life!! I felt amazing had tons of energy and was committed to living a healthy lifestyle. It is just a tool but if you utilize it you will reap great benefits!



If anyone out there has any info you can help me with or any coordinators you recommend I can reach out to inquire more info I would really appreciate any response.



Thanks in advance!
Please feel to ask any questions about the surgical procedure. Have your consider the MGB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jalil Illan Fraijo">
On 08/21/2018 at 09:31, Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo said:

Please feel to ask any questions about the surgical procedure. Have your consider the MGB?

No I have not. Is that mini gastric bypass? I don’t think I am interested in that as I don’t have much more to lose and just want a touch up on my sleeve if possible. I have emailed you with my questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I have been. Had mine done in 2010 and was just resleeved 2 weeks ago. I lost 72 lb my first time. I regained 40 lbs. I have now lost 14 pounds in two and a half weeks. Everything is going great so far. I do feel more control this time. I think probably My stomach was left a tiny bit bigger the first time. I'm guessing they had less to work with this time than the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/23/2018 at 13:44, Ihave6kids said:



Yes. I have been. Had mine done in 2010 and was just resleeved 2 weeks ago. I lost 72 lb my first time. I regained 40 lbs. I have now lost 14 pounds in two and a half weeks. Everything is going great so far. I do feel more control this time. I think probably My stomach was left a tiny bit bigger the first time. I'm guessing they had less to work with this time than the first time.


Thank you so much for responding! I’m so glad surgery second time around was successful and your losing weight. If you don’t mind me asking where and who did you get your re-sleeping done from and what were your costs this time around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/23/2018 at 18:55, Ihave6kids said:



I had my resleeve done at Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana. My cost was right around 5800.00


Thank you so much! Any particular surgeon you would recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi I’m having surgery with Pompeii Surgical in Mexico on feb 20th. Still looking for a buddy going around that time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×