Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shapewear! Anybody used these?

printlogo.jpg

Lose Two Inches in Two Minutes?

Reality TV Doctor Creates New Line of High-Tech Slimming Undergarments

Nov. 8, 2007 --

With so many "miracle" slimming products and procedures advertised these days, it seems possible to shed a few pounds without skipping dessert or sweating it out at the gym.

There are the trusty control-top pantyhose to the high-tech tights that claim to treat cellulite.

And some slimming tools are even built right into jeans. Lane Bryant tested 14,000 women to create the new Right Fit line that promises an instant trim for any body type.

Tummy Tuck jeans claim you'll lose a whole size in a matter of seconds.

Now, a new product designed by a plastic surgeon says you can lose two inches in two minutes for less than $60.

Robert Rey, a featured player on the reality TV show "Dr. 90210," has created the latest in high-tech undergarments called Shapewear, but he says it's not your granny's girdle.

Rey says his new line will instantly give the look of plastic surgery without the surgery.

"Any woman struggles with the lower belly," Rey said. "The control panels, which we created, are exactly where I put my support sutures in surgery doing a tummy tuck."

Shapewear follows in the footsteps of the hugely successful Spanx undergarments, which have squeezed and tucked everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Actress Tori Spelling even burned hers on a barbecue grill when she reached her goal weight after her pregnancy.

ABC News' Andrea Canning put Shapewear to the test to see whether the product lived up to its claims.

A volunteer named Isabella saw her waist size go from 37 inches to 34½ inches a 2½-inch difference.

Monifa lost four inches around her waist and lifted her bust.

But where did all those inches go? Rey says Shapewear sucks in and then smooths out and redistributes problem fat to other areas to create an hourglass look.

"We just want to give women another option, another solution, another choice," he said.

The Shapewear line ranges from $25 to $60, and it claims to be extra soft because the fabric is enriched with aloe vera. The line is available at Sear's and the Home Shopping Network. A men's line is coming out next year.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

Hi Josette!

I have worn Spanx Shapewear and another brand called Lipo in a Box, and I thought they both worked really well. I don't know about losing 2 inches in my waist, but my clothing instantly fit better and smoother. And when I was losing weight,(I've been up and down the scale MANY times!) they always helped when I was between sizes - 1X pants looked dumpy and baggy, and XL was a bit too tight and uncomfortable, I would put on the Lipo in a Box and usually could then wear the XL. I was banded on Nov 1st and plan to use shapewear as I lose weight to make my clothes look better, help with sagging skin and keep the jiggles under control. I buy both brands from QVC ( a home shopping network) but I would think they have Web sites you can go to to read more about them.

I am going to be a bridesmaid soon and this last w/e tried on the dress...coming out of the dressingroom the last words you want to hear is " O well that looks fine.." Ive freakin lost almost 100 lbs, looking for a better compliment at this point..bought one of these..i looked freakin hott!

I have these Josette, I swear by them. You know now I have a ton of tummy skin, I would never ever in a million years wear a dress without them. I think I have 12 all together! I have every style there is, the long, the short, ect. I love them!

We want pictures!!! With the dress ,of course!!

I will of course post pics in the dress..as soon as i get it back from being altered..too big doncha know!

I have not tried Shapewear. I have tried (and love) Spanx, but I don't like the "hose" Spanx with leg parts, I like the "Higher Power" hi-waist panties (that I wear OVER real panties). If I put on slacks that are snug (snug enough I wouldn't normally wear them) with Spanx, they will fit well, so I guess it makes about a half-size difference.

One of my favorite things these garments do is keep the back of your pants smooth. You get a perfectly smooth butt area - no worries about whether or not it looks like your butt is eating your pants. As a tall, high-waisted woman in a fashion season that favors the low rise, THAT is a definite perk!

Save your money! I've been cutting the legs off regular panty hose for years, and they fit like Heaven. They don't roll up, crease or ride up, and they really do leave you smooth and tight. Regular or Super Support work great in any color and are especially nice in the summer so even with chubby thighs you can wear shorter dresses with no rub.