Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 3/24/2024 at 12:07 AM, Arabesque said:

Chinese yum cha lunch with girl friends yesterday

I was today years old when I learned that I’ve been saying it wrong this whole time!

All my life i've said: “let’s go to Dim Sim”

When I should be saying “let’s Yum Cha”

dim sum is the food, yum cha is the process of going to get said food!

(yep, I googled it…now I’m off to impress family and friends with this newfound knowledge)

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

I have too many favorites but the one that popped up in my mind reading your post is probably Hakata ramen (aka Tonkotsu Ramen) from the Fukuoka prefecture, Japan. I also like Singapore noodles which are not for Singapore but interestingly a Cantonese dish. So suffice it say, I can't have my favorite dishes too often lol.

At least it remains special this way!

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I was today years old when I learned that I’ve been saying it wrong this whole time!

All my life i've said: “let’s go to Dim Sim”

When I should be saying “let’s Yum Cha”

dim sum is the food, yum cha is the process of going to get said food!

(yep, I googled it…now I’m off to impress family and friends with this newfound knowledge)

I also had no clue it was called yum cha!

That’s interesting. Cultural differences?? It’s always promoted as Yum Cha here in Australia and we all call it that. Shall we go for Yum Cha? Does that Chinese offer Yum Cha? Funny the differences in terminology around food. Cookies - biscuits. Jelly - jam (not to be confused with marmalade). Romaine - Cos. Courgette -zucchini. All purpose flour - plain flour.Aubergine - eggplant. Fries - chips. ketchup - Tomato sauce. ….

This has been my go to Breakfast this week. Two hard boiled eggs, half an avocado diced and mixed together in a bowl. I did add in a pinch or two of shredded cheese - I used some Kerrygold Dubliner cheese because that’s what I had already shredded. Spread the mixture on two slices of toasted Sara Lee 45 cal bread, no butter and sprinkle with everything bagel season. Adjust as necessary as the everything bagel can be salty. The mixture egg/avocado mix makes two servings so below toast is half the bowl spread on the toast.  About 200 calories per slice. 

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Posted (edited)

My kid made a large batch of Turkey burgers and I’m the only one eating them 🧐 At least they’re good! I ate about 70% of this but logged the whole meal

2020B9D0-8B50-4EA6-BC53-1316E60A8667.jpeg

56B377B3-723C-46E8-ADE2-E9A8F4A2C688.jpeg

C9A5BABD-D06A-4DB0-8503-561E7643AB31.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

every week or so, i do the "fridge clean up", and toss the foods that are no longer edible and make attempts to salvage the foods that are on the brink of inedible.

this morning i tossed a bunch of leftover chinese food, ½ a wheel of brie, an almost full tub of sour cream, and an unopened box mixed greens (this made me sad :( )

BUT here are some items i was able to save/repurpose/extend shelf life of:

1. leftover fresh parsley and super ripe lemon into...PESTO!

2. uncut cumber bought over a week ago into...SWEET AND SOUR PICKLED CUCUMBERS!

3. almost dried out baby carrots and the remnants of a tub of spreadable cream cheese and 2 old apples that i made into applesauce into...CARROT CARE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING (Mr. ate like 2/3 of the cake before i got to take a pic of it)

and finally:

4: ½ a head of cabbage that i shredded to include in the filling of these EGG ROLLS! that i prepped to freeze and cook another day.

phew. i feel very accomplished with my very productive morning...now im gonna go veg on the couch and watch tv!

IMG_2358.thumb.jpeg.1b352290742e4149df0469aa5bb98e2d.jpeg

IMG_2359.thumb.jpeg.fc233d6000a49b6fcf5d32cf773f0200.jpeg

IMG_2360.thumb.jpeg.3a16667eefe6a2d621ba72b27b7bf87e.jpeg

IMG_2361.thumb.jpeg.93ebf78c51a6dddd4cb4f68c4979e76a.jpeg

so yeah, despite the produced fruits of my labours this AM, my snack of choice at the moment is:

a handful of BBQ chips, a 5 chocolate covered cashews and 1/4 cup of regular roasted salted cashews.

estimated 450 calories. (we'll see how much i eat of it, but most likely all of it will end up in me before the day is over...unless Mr. gets his paws in it...)

IMG_2390.thumb.jpeg.eec5dbc218696942433839243bca45e5.jpeg