Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Tonight’s dinner.

Asparagus, some stuffing and 1/3 a smashed potato. I felt that the default MFP entries didn’t account for the butter and olive oil I used to cook so I logged them separately for good measure.

Still not the caliber of “healthiness” i said i wanted to get to, but whatevs. Like i said, im lazy, arg.

Ate all the asparagus and stuffing but just had one bite of the potatoes (the Kid ate the majority of it…she liked it better than i did, ha)

202 calories for what is shown.

CE78EC61-69DB-400D-B990-9A3FA82F3FE8.thumb.jpeg.1e340fd5f7fd57980f84c96cb9fac3de.jpeg

12 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Further to what the others have said, “skinny-fat” is a term used to describe someone who looks thin but is otherwise unfit and “unhealthy”. My husband said I was “soft” recently…another way of saying im skinny-fat. I guess its the general consensus around here that i need to eat better and exercise more. Geez.

Its true i guess…while im only a couple lbs heavier than i was in my exercise heyday, I definitely look waaaay less fit than i used too. I’ve likely lost a considerable amount of muscle mass and replaced it with fat.

Im not so bothered by it that i want to make drastic changes, but the comments are definitely annoying.

OHHH ok, Well they are rude.

You just need to be happy with yourself and it seems like you are so YOU GO GIRL!

I don't know why people always find it necessary to comment on peoples bodies. Regardless if they are fit, slim or fat... someone always has something to say!

Made a roast beef and cheese melt on my kids everything bread. It was good but halfway through I’d had enough. I tried to pawn it off but no one wanted it. 🤷‍♀️😂 Also made roasted garlic and scallion mashed potatoes and homemade quick pickles.

Before and the total calories vs the leftovers and adjusted calories for what I ate.

5163108E-25E3-4E9E-B65D-C1050C7ACC2F.jpeg

03C23412-92C6-4F01-8822-C784CF3CC17D.jpeg

B74057F2-CCFE-4424-A7A4-19AB4067F509.jpeg

4E09F6B2-5598-4BB4-BEF7-A2BAB7D6A619.jpeg

Dunno why, but I just felt for oatmeal for Breakfast this morning…which is weird because (1) I probably haven’t had oatmeal in probably 10+ years and (2) I don’t normally eat breakfast hahhaha

Anyhoo, 260 calories for the bowl, ate roughly half.

(Microwaved 1/3 cup steel cut oats with 1/2 cup Water and 1/4 cup milk…topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, blueberries and pistachios)

The after pic doesn’t look so great, sorry!

6ECEE5D2-C38B-4F9B-B352-054C57B7F7EC.thumb.jpeg.53928bee4b1a67733ee458fbfc456087.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Meals for today- potato, onion and smoked turkey sausage skillet with a mandarin orange

Greek yogurt and blueberries with a 100 calorie granola thins packet

minestrone Soup with rotisserie chicken and chocolate almonds

snacks- cheddar rice crisps, cucumber slices, pickled daikon, and tomatoes.

Protein Shake for coffee

C05587FC-DCB7-47DE-A185-F00B04454F06.jpeg

DC3ED69E-BB29-4249-BE5D-EF9AA47C932E.jpeg

dinner.

A cute little dinner roll with a slice of havarti and 3 anchovies (don’t judge me, it was YUM, lol)

Ate it all: 238 calories.

AFB8EEDF-3826-4EFF-BB8B-DDCC67B1BB1A.thumb.jpeg.04e2ad538b9487d00bc1ee06f05f5831.jpeg

I made some overnight oats. Got a little thick but I don't want to open a new tetrapak of not-milk. Adding Water just doesn't cut it. Oats, chia seeds, Alpro not-milk, banana, raisins, some Peanut Butter, figs.

Had that yesterday with blueberries, figs and a mix of raspberries and blackberries. Some cashew butter.

Looks a bit messy:

Oats.thumb.jpg.6d8cf7ba381752233b09178be81c6f2f.jpg

Today:

1694741523_Oats2.thumb.jpg.ec7543ae3f69d48eae8b0037f73e326b.jpg

On 10/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

It’s where a “skinny” person eats foods that aren’t nutrient dense and considered unhealthy for most of their diet. Things like fast food, chips/crisps, fries/chips, fried foods, loads of fat and sugar, etc.

It doesn't have to do with what the person eats.

"Skinny fat" means that a person carries too much body fat in relation to lean mass despite being a normal weight.

Inspired by a "fig and mozzarella pizza" I saw on my shopping list app I put a vegan white spread, a fig and some vegan cheese made for melting on whole rye bread (didn't have any toast or pita which would've been a better match). Tasted good. Bummer, that figs will be out of season soon again.

Also cut up figs always look gorgeous on pictures while pizzas, sandwiches and burgers almost always seem to look awful, the exception being professional pics.

BF.thumb.jpg.f232031f602ed2c9551746ed0c28dfbc.jpg

7 hours ago, summerset said:

It doesn't have to do with what the person eats.

"Skinny fat" means that a person carries too much body fat in relation to lean mass despite being a normal weight.

Edited to add: sorry, am realizing this post should probably be put in a more appropriate thread. But im too lazy to move it, ha!

————————
Yep.

so the first time i got my body fat measures via scan, it was 38%. But this was already 3+ months in, and 70 lbs lost. So i would guess I was probably 50-55% body fat pre-wls given my body measurements at the time. Yikes.

After weight loss, at around 1.5 years post, dexa clocked me at 15% (at 115 lbs)

My most recent one was Jan of this year and i was at 23% (at 118 lbs that day)

My home body scale, while varying wildly day to day, generally reflected these numbers when taken as an average over the time period.

Sooooo, if i can count on the averages of my home scale, as of this morning, I’ve averaged 29% body fat reading for the past 30 days. I am 118.8 this morning.

Now i still think calling me skinny fat is a stretch since technically im still in the healthy body fat percentage for my stats, i am definitely much less fit than i was before (I’ve basically doubled my body fat percentage over past 2+ years.)

With all that said (which was alot, sorry!), i am content enough with my appearance and lifestyle that i have little interest in doing anything drastic to change it.

I’m just not very keen on other people unsolicitedly pointing out their precieved deficiencies of my body. But i mean, who does???

P.S. btw, there ARE physical benefits of a higher body fat percentage: my face is less gaunt and my boobs are bigger. Win!

Edited by ms.sss

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I’m just not very keen on other people unsolicitedly pointing out their precieved deficiencies of my body. But i mean, who does???

I guess we all have somebody like that in our lives, I have a cousin who told me " I will tell you what I did when I had a horrendous belly like yours" I had to force myself to believe in her good intentions but sometimes honesty like that hurts. That was the comment that made me think on G Bypass seriously.

I knew I was fat, and I think all the people who is knows it, I have always kept my opinions and comments to myself when I think they may hurt somebody, but I have to accept that sometimes even when I am trying to praise somebody I may have screwed up. Forgive and forget.

A food B&A 3-for-1: yesterday’s dinner, today’s 1st and 2nd meals of the day

Yesterday’s dinner: Congee, 192 calories, ate it all.

Today’s first meal: Open faced Havarti-poached egg slider, 255 calories, ate half, Mr. ate other half!

Today’s second meal: Cole Slaw mix with feta and avocado: 433 calories for the bowl. Ate most of it, and none of the avocado (looked off to me so decided against eating it). Gonna just take off the avocado, so adjusted log to 321 calories.

4C469F4E-99B6-4C61-B11E-31C378A40B36.thumb.jpeg.30315795d2ae91042776044c2f8f0055.jpeg

FD99E50E-E21B-4654-B551-846D4830EC43.thumb.jpeg.7f521184dad6bec037a3b3ba6f5407f7.jpeg

601CD323-DDBA-4FB4-B764-37366641A6C2.thumb.jpeg.4e2d07dad38773f6a98fee9f8edba20c.jpeg

May as well post my 3rd meal today too:

Persian Food! salad and grilled meats: 271 calories. Ate it all.

(also had 2 sake cups full of…sake beforehand +75 calories, not shown

14001B4B-EF95-4649-BC67-B51FC37F74B8.thumb.jpeg.4ee7a125250d8b4ad9f24a3ff01f9a1d.jpeg

My lunch. Black bean taco with fat free sour cream, lettuce, cabbage, hot sauce, red onions on a flour tortilla. 151 calories, total weight 158 grams. Ate it all. It was yummy. 20221015_135030.jpg