Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 02/11/2022 at 11:38, ms.sss said:

Hmmm…sounds like you like the “gamey” flavour…do you like duck or squab? Yum…

Squab? I’ll have to google that one. Never heard of it.

Just now, Kris77 said:

Ha. I had to Google it too.

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Hmmm…sounds like you like the “gamey” flavour…do you like duck or squab? Yum…

Nope 😂
I don’t like poultry (I will eat chicken and turkey because of easy access) but I prefer lamb, goat, deer and lastly bees buffalo if I eat meat

other wise I’d just be an ovo lacto pescatarian 🤡

Edited by GreenTealael

2 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

lunch today. Seared tuna with cucumbers in a chili soy sauce. Probably dinner tonight too.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I totally saw this, drooled quite a bit, and decided to make some for dinner.

But boooooo i overcooked it! What a waste of perfectly good tuna. So mad. 😡

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Lol its basically a pigeon. But I guess “squab” sounds less dirty 😂

On 02/11/2022 at 16:13, ms.sss said:

I totally saw this, drooled quite a bit, and decided to make some for dinner.

But boooooo i overcooked it! What a waste of perfectly good tuna. So mad. 😡

Yeah, easy to do! It takes a hot pan and I basically lay it down, flip it, and that’s it. This was at a restaurant though so I can’t take credit. The chili soy dressing was so good-I need to invent my own!

My love of lamb is well documented. We’ll have to introduce you to the most delicious tender sweet mat ever @kris77. Haven’t had pigeon but do enjoy quail & Guinea fowl - except for the wee bones. Been wanting to try goat. What’s it like @GreenTealael? They used to say the butchers sold buffalo as beef in central Queensland - that meat was toooughh! I do like deer & kangaroo.

23 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I laughed way too much at this 😂

20 hours ago, Arabesque said:

My love of lamb is well documented. We’ll have to introduce you to the most delicious tender sweet mat ever @kris77. Haven’t had pigeon but do enjoy quail & Guinea fowl - except for the wee bones. Been wanting to try goat. What’s it like @GreenTealael? They used to say the butchers sold buffalo as beef in central Queensland - that meat was toooughh! I do like deer & kangaroo.

I’ve never had goat in anything other than a spiced stew or curried so I’m not sure what it tastes like simply roasted but I imagine very similar to lamb but with a little less lamb flavor. Maybe a cross between beef and lamb 🤷🏽‍♀️

Was sooooo hungry when i decided to make this gorgeous (if i say so myself!) salad, but once again, when i was done, decided I wasn’t so hungry after all.

Going back into the fridge for later: 422 calories for the bowl.

And yep, thats the some of the overcooked sesame-crusted tuna i made the other day (still really mad about it, btw)

01BA2C63-DDED-4344-A4E6-22D9ABB4BFD8.thumb.jpeg.eec951ff8621956f319026169173f333.jpeg

On 2/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, GreenTealael said:

I’ve never had goat in anything other than a spiced stew or curried so I’m not sure what it tastes like simply roasted but I imagine very similar to lamb but with a little less lamb flavor. Maybe a cross between beef and lamb 🤷🏽‍♀️

Oh, I have! I'd say roasted goat is a little gamier than roasted lamb. But gamey isn't a bad thing IMO.

Birria is all the rage here is SoCal. It's crossed over into mainstream. BUT in doing so, it is now usually beef instead of usually goat. 😥

On 2/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Arabesque said:

Buffalo is very good, lean, flavorful meat when it's ground, I agree, very tough most other ways.
I've never had kangaroo. Is it farmed or wild? What does it taste like?

On 2/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, ms.sss said:

I also didn't know squab = pigeon. I have had pigeon, it tasted just like a milder version of quail to me, close to turkey I'd say. I had it in Egypt, where it was deliciously stuffed with grains.

One of my favorite restaurants in one of my favorite food cities is Lonesome Dove in Austin, which is focused on game meats. Sooo good!

Goat, pigeon and buffalo's Oh My... I think I'll stick with red velvet cupcakes! ;]

Happy Valentines Day to the best cup cake ever, you!

Enjoy a day and week filled with love is in the air.IMG_3094.thumb.jpg.e23b91f0281caa12197b9072f7ac77d3.jpg

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I've never had kangaroo. Is it farmed or wild? What does it taste like?

It’s wild. There are quotas in place for harvesting wild kangaroos by licensed non aboriginal commercial hunters of specific species & they can only be hunted in restricted areas too. Kangaroos are protected under aboriginal laws & animal protection/ecological protection guidelines. It’s not often found on menus but can usually be bought from big supermarkets. The meat is very rich & gamey & nutritious: low in fat & high in Protein.

Those cupcakes are gorgeous @Sophie7713.

Edited by Arabesque

On 02/11/2022 at 20:35, Arabesque said:

Never had lamb either. I’m thinking gamey, is it?
Kangaroo?!!! Goat?!!
Man these are so far outside my comfort zone in food land
I’m not as adventurous as @Arabesque and @greentealael
I will eat tuna but grilled tuna

On 02/12/2022 at 17:20, GreenTealael said:

Omg I love those!! Cute! Did you make these?