Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

27 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

This is not from Christmas but a holiday party at work from the 20th. I threw it in because I still feel guilty about eating at and I feel like i need to confess or something. Its cheesecake topped with dulce de leche and condensed milk. This thing was wayyyyy too sweet for me but everyone devoured it in seconds. Since I'm in a small office it was noticeable that I didn't eat mine. One of my coworkers kept making fun of me for not eating it throughout the entire party until i eventually gave in and ate most of it...

I was at a work site earlier this year when the client did this to me. She insisted I take a peice of cake that was doled out at a going away party, and then would loudly comment to the room that I handn't touched any of it when she walked by my desk. I resorted to wrapping up bits of the cake in napkin and tossing in the garbage every once in a while to get her off my back. It's been over 6 months since this happened and I still get irked when I think of it....

I hate that she felt the need to comment to everyone in earshot on my eating habits.

I hate even more that I succumbed to the "pressure". If I could do it all over again, I would have stood my ground and not have accepted the cake at all.

I console myself by saying it was a client, but still...

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

So recipes for 4 being standard are good?

I would think for the a regular recipe, yes.

But I'm thinking you are asking for Bariatric-specific recipes? In that case it if was SPECIFICALLY for those not far out maybe 2 would be better....cuz it takes them forever to eat, LOL.

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I would think for the a regular recipe, yes.

But I'm thinking you are asking for Bariatric-specific recipes? In that case it if was SPECIFICALLY for those not far out maybe 2 would be better....cuz it takes them forever to eat, LOL.

Yes! So maybe with instructions that any recipe can be cut in half or doubled! :)

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

That tends to severely limit your options 🤨

22 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Nobody:

Me: It's Pie Time!!!

sugar free sweet potato pie

20191225_102124_HDR.thumb.jpg.0012810db0670f89cbd387fae6d25624.jpg

#crustenvy

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I was at a work site earlier this year when the client did this to me. She insisted I take a peice of cake that was doled out at a going away party, and then would loudly comment to the room that I handn't touched any of it when she walked by my desk. I resorted to wrapping up bits of the cake in napkin and tossing in the garbage every once in a while to get her off my back. It's been over 6 months since this happened and I still get irked when I think of it....

I hate that she felt the need to comment to everyone in earshot on my eating habits.

I hate even more that I succumbed to the "pressure". If I could do it all over again, I would have stood my ground and not have accepted the cake at all.

The older I get, the more often I take the path of least resistance. I try to be a pragmatist. If I make a deal out of something, what will it accomplish? Will it change someones mind? Or will it just make me look like a difficult person, and make things awkward? This especially comes into play in professional situations. So I would have done the exact same as you did, but I'd have no regrets about it.

21 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey, when y'all look for recipes, do you look for ones with ingredients and instructions to make 4 servings on average?

Fluffy - I have been using a meal app and it has the choice for 2 servings or 4. Right now I use the 2 serving option, but our son the eating machine will be moving back in with us so I will have to up it to 4.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

The older I get, the more often I take the path of least resistance. I try to be a pragmatist. If I make a deal out of something, what will it accomplish? Will it change someones mind? Or will it just make me look like a difficult person, and make things awkward? This especially comes into play in professional situations. So I would have done the exact same as you did, but I'd have no regrets about it.

I am the same way. It doesn't hurt me to just take the easy way out, and I think that is why I get along with so many people. I hate arguing with people! I was once told that I had a very professional but personable personality, that made my day for sure!

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I glad you ended up throwing it away instead of eating it. I regret refusing too. I was just so tired of her talking about it and making jokes I just wanted her to stop. Im trying to get over it, but just like you it still bugs me and its been on my mind lately.

I really cant believe I actually ate it when i didnt want to. Thats what worries me the most...

22 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Maybe because I was up really late so I'm bleary eyed but I totally keep reading this part as: I hate even more that the scumbag pressured...

fan fiction I guess, works either way 😔

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I'll make it for you! It's so bloody easy you're gonna cry 😔

I can make crust, I just can't make it pretty 😭

23 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Woke up feeling pretty guilty this morning. Christmas day wasnt too good. I spent it at my boyfriends moms house and it was almost impossible to avoid the bad, yet oh so good stuff lol.

I haven't had a drink since surgery but my streak ended yesterday. I was given shots, glasses of wine, and mixed drinks all night. When I tried to reject, they would insist and give it to me anyways. food choices/options weren't too good either. I forgot to take a before pic but on my plate was Portuguese cod cakes, general tso, broccoli i picked out of a bowl of rice, a piece of deep fried beer battered cod, and pepper jack cheese and olives.

As far as Desserts go, they were all flour based. I managed to avoid the orange cake but I CHOSE to have these 4 little walnut cups his mom makes. You can kinda see them in the rumchata shot pic towards the left. They were delicious but all i kept thinking about was the amount of flour I was having. I know one day doesn't do damage but I was paranoid.........I'm working on this. Oh and I also had a bite of panetone, a piece of dark chocolate filled with johnny walker whiskey, and lots of cheese and pepperoni Snacks.

IMG_1867.thumb.jpg.0a0b49cf4b90ef5ed60b9bf72738ae17.jpg

IMG_1863.thumb.jpg.f50502b11208ddd387bfafeeaf3e7540.jpg

This is not from Christmas but a holiday party at work from the 20th. I threw it in because I still feel guilty about eating at and I feel like i need to confess or something. Its cheesecake topped with dulce de leche and condensed milk. This thing was wayyyyy too sweet for me but everyone devoured it in seconds. Since I'm in a small office it was noticeable that I didn't eat mine. One of my coworkers kept making fun of me for not eating it throughout the entire party until i eventually gave in and ate most of it... :(

IMG_1773.thumb.jpg.5e9fd161d66d17c24a635b0cfa61e94c.jpg

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Non Guilt Bearing Affirmation Time:

Holidays are special occasions like weddings and birthdays. We don't wear wedding gowns and tuxedos or eat birthday cake & drink beer boots (don't ask) every day... also you won't eat holiday foods and drinks regularly.

Everything has it's season. Enjoy within reason & Let it stay there. No snowball effect from guilt, please.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

*And if that idea brings you no joy, join me in the Great Salading and Watering of 2020 😅

Edited by GreenTealael

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Non Guilt Bearing Affirmation Time:

Holidays are special occasions like weddings and birthdays. We don't wear wedding gowns and tuxedos or eat birthday cake & drink beer boots (don't ask) every day... also you won't eat holiday foods and drinks regularly.

Everything has it's season. Enjoy within reason & Let it stay there. No snowball effect from guilt, please.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

*And if that idea brings you no joy, join me in the Great Salading and Watering of 2020 😅

Agree with all of this!

Additionally, success after WLS doesn't require perfection. It just requires mindfulness and commitment :)