Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, Chiptress said:

I haven’t even had surgery yet... scheduled 8/19/19 but.... I have been on WW for years. So glad to hear many of you once further along in your journey use/modify skinny taste. One of my family’s all time fav from her site is :

https://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-taco-spaghetti-squash-boats/

I serve this to everyone whether or not they’re on a food plan & everyone loves it.

Just so long as "everyone" is around! I don't do any of the stuffed veggies because I just don't have enough tummy to do them justice. That is a big "mind-bender" from WW. On WW, they emphasize volume without too many calories in order to fill you up. After WLS, you're minimizing volume as well as calories, so a lot of the recipes have to be reduced - not just smaller portions, but the ratio of "fillers" vs. "non-fillers" has to change at least for quite a while until your pouch size relaxes. Even then, you shouldn't get back to the volume of food you could eat before. For instance, the recipe you linked - you would probably just eat a bit of the stuffing, no squash for maybe several months before you could add back in a little of the squash. That said, there are still lots of WW and skinnytaste recipes that I thoroughly enjoy.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

1 hour ago, Chiptress said:
12 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

dinner tonight: Overnight marinated Galena Spice Company dry Jerk spice mix with Kirkland boneless skinless chicken breast. With 1/4 cup brown rice mixed with scallions & pico 70 cal. and 2 grilled pineapple rings 60 cal. 2 days in a row for grilled pineapple.< br />

The chicken calories on the label are very low. 100 calories for 4 oz! (About 2/3 of a breast) I still weigh everything. They must pump them full of Water. I am beyond stuffed tonight, some days are just like that.

It turned out awesome and the calories ended up being crazy low, (225) although it really seemed like more.

67CCA6EC-8C9A-4B37-B8DC-03746BB13F1E.jpeg

Oh my!!!! That looks like the perfect meal to me. Clean, healthy & delicious!!! I so look forward to making these types of delicious meals when I’m at that stage

Why wait?

7 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Just so long as "everyone" is around! I don't do any of the stuffed veggies because I just don't have enough tummy to do them justice. That is a big "mind-bender" from WW. On WW, they emphasize volume without too many calories in order to fill you up. After WLS, you're minimizing volume as well as calories, so a lot of the recipes have to be reduced - not just smaller portions, but the ratio of "fillers" vs. "non-fillers" has to change at least for quite a while until your pouch size relaxes. Even then, you shouldn't get back to the volume of food you could eat before. For instance, the recipe you linked - you would probably just eat a bit of the stuffing, no squash for maybe several months before you could add back in a little of the squash. That said, there are still lots of WW and skinnytaste recipes that I thoroughly enjoy.

Yes! So well-stated and a huge paradigm shift! Switching to "nutrient dense" foods with small footprints (in the early days)--then having to reformat your brain as your tool matures and you can suddenly "hold" more volume in your pouch. Those 2 transitions are easy to get lost within--you know? Like especially if you aren't expecting the shift back to where you can eat more food, you're mostly already in a food/diet fatigue state, so you start making poor choices with crap food and slider treats and miss the opportunity to go back towards a WW or Skinnytaste style of recipe unless you built your new habits from the beginning!

Hey all,

I've noticed that some of you post the nutrition breakdown for your 'serving' which is helpful. I used to track info on recipes I made, borrowed, etc. so I would know all of the macro/nutrition info for 1 serving.

I discontinued my WW's membership though and was wondering what are some of the best tools to use to track your intake, to calculate what a recipe's nutritional breakdown will be once you enter the data, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help. I will be posting my 'pureed' items that I finally had some limited success with taking in. I realize they won't be as fun to look at but I thought it wouldn't hurt in case there are some ppl that are somewhat new 'post-op' unless y'all think this is wrong place to post my 'puree pics'...

On 08/14/2019 at 09:58, Orchids&Dragons said:

Ty soo much for explaining that. I’m trying to bend my mind around the changes from the WW way of living / cooking to the new way after WLS. You said it very clearly

On 08/14/2019 at 09:32, GreenTealael said:

Surgery soon! Excited?

Soooo excited! I’m just praying they don’t postpone me again because of insurance. I was supposed to have it on 8/12/19. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

13 minutes ago, clsumrall said:

My husband finished all and half of my chili hamburger patty :)

Dang! I want hub's club sammich!!

Yesterday's lunch & Dessert:

Typical all-inclusive buffet fare, which is to say: meh:

Lunch plate, clockwise from top: Some kind of white fish in green sauce + chicken in wine sauce + chicken from fajita bar + cucumbers + pickled beets + iceberg lettuce w/ balsamic vineagrette.

Dessert plate, clockwise from top: Slice of papaya + chocolate cookie + sugar cookie + fudge almond truffle + something with icing on it + tres leche cake + almond pudding + (in the centre) bread pudding.

9C777710-5271-4DA3-972E-7881C6AAF31E.thumb.jpg.0317068798bfb9c7a56cb4eccf7de060.jpg

Great dinner tonight. I made Asian meatball lettuce wraps. Really easy to make. I just combined Perdue ground chicken with shredded wilted cabbage, scallions and minced Water chestnuts. Added soy sauce, grated garlic, sesame oil (2 tsp) and sambal to taste. I don’t really measure when I cook. I do cook a small tester and adjust seasoning.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I made each ball about 1 oz and served them with lettuce. I doubled the recipe so I have a big ziplock bag leftover.

0542DB63-4A6C-446E-A09D-A0428DE075E6.jpeg

I try, I really do...but the only thing I really want to eat here is the salad (and these totally addictive mini chocolate chip Cookies at the coffee bar). The rest of my sustenance comes from Americanos & Mojitos & Tequila shots...I should do a before and after photo of all my empty glasses...yikes.

2F0B94DD-FEB2-4906-BB22-EC15515603CB.thumb.jpg.5449e9fa148491d553c61bfd3c19b039.jpg