Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

Day 3 while doing research I found an article stating for every,week you are on your liver skrinking diet your liver relishes 2.4% in thickness and fatness. This means mine will diminish 12%. cool, that should mean my left lobe will be diminished to the point,where it will be easily retracted and won't lacerate And another FYI, medical scientists writing this article recommends 4 weeks as a minimum length. What do you know ,I AM Doing the RIGHT THING? Yea Frustr8!📣

Diminishes

And I saw on another thread @ Macadamia is going for his surgery one day after Jingle 123423 and i, we are September 5th and he is September 6th. Pretty nice people I have for surgery twins!👱&😛&-👨

5 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And I saw on another thread @ Macadamia is going for his surgery one day after Jingle 123423 and i, we are September 5th and he is September 6th. Pretty nice people I have for surgery twins!👱&😛&-👨

I did a search for September surgeries and did not find one. I would not have started another thread had I see yours first.

Yes, I'm September 6, 2018, barring any further issues with my liver. I'm hoping that the pre-op diet satisfactorily shrinks my liver and the blood flow is what it should be.

I am on the pre-op diet for four-weeks too & very similar to yours. I'm limited to 800 calories per day, but I've been averaging about 700 so far. I set timers today to remind me to eat at specific intervals and I found that I'm not hungry in between. I am confident that I will make it, no problem!

Good luck to you in your pre-op diet phase!

Oh Goody Goody! A new friend is joining us. @ luv2terriers is having, her surgery September 5th. A new friend, maybe a forever buddy also ?

Oops it's the 4th not the 5th, 3 in the morning, should sleep instead of posting. Night Night All!👹💤💤👹!!

Been reading everyone’s posts for a few months. I have had my surgery sate since my first appointment. Just waiting the 6 months needed for insurance. Both my husband I have the surgery on the same date, 9/18/18. Figured it would be easier to go through things together.

Plus, I seem to be the one who takes care of everyone and Who would be taking care of me? So we will suffer and lose together.

Well you and Macadamia share a day, September 6th, he's in Idaho and I suspect you're in or near New Jersey, at least your surgeon is in Floram Park, because i looked up the Zip Code. Wish,i could put my Dr Needleman ' s on, I'm running off my cellphone and the phone app version of Bariatric Pal, you can't change and update things. Do you have a prediet and have you started yet? I always thought everyone did one WRONG , some doctors don't require any, the ones that do approach in diverse ways. 2,3, 4, and a few 1 seekers. Had one on here , being smart-alecky,no prediet, karma circled and bit her backside. She was on clear and murky liquids for a little over 2 months. Haha on her!
I've been n on mine since August 1st, I wanted the most bang for my buck, at 72 you don't get "Do-Overs". this will be my own and only bariatric foray

I just rescheduled my surgery date to 9/13.. changed it cus I was going to be on my monthly and opted to not deal with that at the same time!

September 4 for me 😊 I was supposed to be in August but I decided to quit smoking too late and it ended up getting pushed to September. But I haven’t had a cigarette in a month! It’s so funny that I have been trying to quit for 2 years but when I’m told that I have to quit so that I can lose weight, I had no problem doing it.

On 08/06/2018 at 16:52, Frustr8 said:

Well you and Macadamia share a day, September 6th, he's in Idaho and I suspect you're in or near New Jersey, at least your surgeon is in Floram Park, because i looked up the Zip Code. Wish,i could put my Dr Needleman ' s on, I'm running off my cellphone and the phone app version of Bariatric Pal, you can't change and update things. Do you have a prediet and have you started yet? I always thought everyone did one WRONG , some doctors don't require any, the ones that do approach in diverse ways. 2,3, 4, and a few 1 seekers. Had one on here , being smart-alecky,no prediet, karma circled and bit her backside. She was on clear and murky liquids for a little over 2 months. Haha on her!

I've been n on mine since August 1st, I wanted the most bang for my buck, at 72 you don't get "Do-Overs". this will be my own and only bariatric foray
Yes, Dr is in Florham Park, NJ. Have not started a liquid diet yet. I heard they we will only do 2 day liquid diet pre-surgery. Not sure why some doctors choose more or less though. We have a post-op meeting about 2 weeks before surgery, so I assume they will cover the diet than.

I am only using the app too and am

Proud of you for quitting, it is not an easy,thing to do. There are many Bari-pals I've seen on here today still struggling to subdue the Nicotine Monster, yet you killed it with one whack of your Diet Sword. Not even St George had that good a luck at slaying them. Well welcome to here and I hope your stay will be a long one.Are you on a prediet yet or does your surgeon not require them? Every surgeon seems to have his own pathway to Shangra La but we all arrive at that final destination.

On 08/06/2018 at 16:44, Frustr8 said:

Proud of you for quitting, it is not an easy,thing to do. There are many Bari-pals I've seen on here today still struggling to subdue the Nicotine Monster, yet you killed it with one whack of your Diet Sword. Not even St George had that good a luck at slaying them. Well welcome to here and I hope your stay will be a long one.Are you on a prediet yet or does your surgeon not require them? Every surgeon seems to have his own pathway to Shangra La but we all arrive at that final destination.

The only diets that my surgeon required is that I do a 6 month medically supervised diet, which I’ve done, and my two week liquid diet. I’m thinking about making it three weeks though because I knew that I would no longer be able to eat a lot of the things I liked so I had a good bye celebration with my favorite foods... I regret it now lol.

Sounds good, I had a choice of 2,3 or even 4 weeks, I started mine 8/01 because I wanted the most "bang for my buck" and actually mine is not too rough, 3-4 shakes, 2 Snacks , 1 frozen entree under 300 calories and 30 grams of carbs. So I'm on Day#6.no real bad headaches, my BMs are weird, rather light yellow-briwn, infrequent but not real hard. Oh I'll take it , some people said they got diarrhea but not me 64 oz of non-sweet, non- calorie drinks and Water. If you get hungry you can eat unlimited raw or cooked vegerables, no corn, peas or potatoes, even yams and sweet potatoes.
And my Vitamins, A,D, prenatal one for the Iron and other goodies, calcium citrate, I use a liquid called Wellesse, it tastes just like melted orange push-up sherber. I also take Magnesium to steady my nerves and prevent cramping,especially in my legs.Then I have assorted other pills, I now keep them in my Nike shoebox. I'd like to stop taking Lasix , I have lymphedema in both lower legs, the left,the worse. So Lasix minimizes the swelling, I just hate the constant urination, you know how things are good for you and you want to tenet? That's me and the blasted water pill.