Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

Be thankful for small favors, after slogging through since August 1st, it isn't as much fun as you might think! And that loud roar you hear,in the background isn't thunder, that's my Bari-brothers and sisters shouting "Amen"!🍶😪

On 08/19/2018 at 23:49, Mitzimom said:

Your not in Charlotte NC are you! 😂🤣😂 we will have to compare notes. 😝
No we are in Philadelphia....and yes we can compare notes

On 08/20/2018 at 04:00, Frustr8 said:

it looks like we three are in Charlotte🌸, Philadelphia🌺 and I live in a city called Mount Vernon, 48 miles NE of Columbus Ohio🍄 where I will have my 😷surgery. Good Luck to us all and may we have smooth swift healings🍀. In fact I wish that for all the people on here!😛👍🌈
I second that....many blessings to all of us

@ Summer Essence a littleburdie told me you might be a bypass instead of a sleeve. If so, MissPoidle and I will be tickled to have you join us among the "pouched"

On 08/15/2018 at 10:23, Frustr8 said:

Well I about half way through my Dietary Purgatory, I do hope this makes a difference in my livrr,like it's supposed to. I am supposed to be on 1000 calories, some days I go over to 1150, some days 850-900,hope it is still ok. Think it is because some shakes are 100, some are 160 and there is one 180 but the carbs and fats are,lower, go figure.

Today the shakes taste ungodly sweet, maybe dilute them half strength? You would think my rhythm would be perfect,but I'm humans sometimes I'm busy,and don't space perfect. Well we'll see what happens next.
Question... since you are on shakes. I was planning on using the Nutra Bio 100% whey isolate powder and I tested it yesterday with almond milk. It tasted fine, but I was in the bathroom all morning. Do you find you have that problem with any of your shakes?

Nope opposite problem . Due to maybe the Iron in my prenatalYes Prenatal- my hospital recommends them because of borderline anemia) I am 7/8ths of the way to Constipation. Going to up my non starchy veggies and see if that helps. Making friends with Miralax and Milk of Magnesia, dreading how they may be after surgery. Well jury still out, noverdict reached.

Which procedure are you having done?

Well I went yesterday for my last pre-op/peri-op exam. One of the worst facets was since it was on a mezzanine level, my son convinced me "COME ON Mom , You Can MAKE IT! Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, I'm going up step by step gasping,and wheezing, as we turned to ascend set # 2 after pausing a moment on the landing, I said " At,least if I fall backwards down these steps they will know to fix my busted hips!" Memo to self, don't seek advice from son half your age! But eventually me and my 2 artificial knees, and broke-down lungs made it to the right area. And what not to see a 13 pound loss from my last weighing the first of the month. Stop your giggling all you young chicks that drop weight like Water off a ducks back, this poor old hen don't drop,pounfs that quick and All I could do to keep from fist- bumping someone. And I hope someone can explain why my no was lower after tackling those stairs? But it was fine, so was temp, pulse ox and my breathing rate was Sam as always, 16. Then I met with a nurse practioner, internal medicine specialust who went through a checklist from Hades, only think she didn't ask was how often I prepared and how much. Seemed like we had covered this several times before# Then she asked if I would promise to not get sick in the next,week and a half, duhh! I sure am not going to,look fuf,Ipeople up just to,be with,them? Then shook my hand and off I went to have a chest X Ray, quickest one I ever had, 1 front view, 1 from the left, last stop the lab, funny I didn't know I had too much blood? Must have, because I swear they took a half- pint. CBC, Ekectrolytes, Bun , Creatinine, Clotting time the whole works. Then she proceeded to tell me she had to type my blood, A rhNegative, didn't believe me or the American Red Cross, well okaybee. Then I am presented a large legal sized red envelope containing a special green wrist band, this I'd my Golden Envelope to surgery, if I don't bring it with me on Surgery Day NO OPERATION! This precious object is going in the 🔥 Safe when I get home! But I guess I checked out finer than Frog hair. Because I am set to go! 6 of 7 sheets all saying RnY Bypass September 5th 7 AM, is,my future Slicing and Dicing is quite Official. And I got special dispensation regarding the Dang- blasted Hibiclens,i may use Dial Gold Antibacterial liquid, I Just have to leave it on my skin a solid 5 minutes after soaping up. And instead of night before and in the,morning I do do mid-day the 4th and just before I go to bed that night. This is because I will have to leave Mount Vernon at 3:30AM to make it to OSU by 5 AM because of overnight freeway closures,check in then for 7 AM surgery on the 5th. So I am now slowly put things in my bag, got a couple pair soft slacks and shorts for under my gown for walking, slippers, a robe, gasX, Biotene, slippers, Brush,comb, denture cup, glasses case , denture adhesive, small noebook and penis I can journal this, the rest can go in later. And maybe, just maybe, after 3 years of sortow, diappointments and roadblocks, my Dream finally Comes True. I Receive my Surgery, things will change for the Better and Joy Lies Ahead!😛💦😛😷

My blood pressure, for there Will be no "no" in my life!

Hi everyone!
I’m 24 in Columbus,Ohio. I have PCOS and hypertension,my highest weight is 325-330 and my current weight is 310.

I’ve been on a weight loss journey off and on for years but I met my surgeon in April 2017. I changed my mind around this time last year and restarted the process for surgery December 2017. I did my 6 months of monitored diet, psych,nutritionist visits (2 so far),and EGD by June 29th. Earlier this year I changed my mind from getting the sleeve to getting bypass (reflux issues).

My RNY will be on 9/17/18 ! My day of preop testing is August 28th and I have my last appointment with my surgeon on 9/11. I don’t have a preop diet but I hope that the nutritionist will give me one when I have my preop testing. If they do not give me a preop diet to follow I will just follow the plan that I’ve come up with after researching A LOT of preop diets. Fingers crossed they’ll give me guidance at my appointment because I need structure or I’ll eat everything in sight.

I’ve bought things for my preop plan with very little for post op so far. I don’t want to go crazy with the cases of premier and waste them so I’m limiting my Protein purchases until after surgery. I’ll have some protein but not a stockpile.

I’m excited and nervous but I’m ready for the next chapter in my life. I’ve been obese since middle school so I’m anxious to see how I look NOT obese lol.

My interest is piqued. I will be having RNY surgery in Columbus on September 5th. if you are in Columbus, having surgery September 17th my curiousity has. been aroused. Where and who is your surgeon? Nnoni and mercmerc had theirs in July, one at Riverside, one at Nationwide Children's. There is one who will have hers at Riverside in November-December, I'm at OSU, so where are you? Tell me more about you and I'll do the same. My highest weight was 355 and its approx 309 Now 10 days before surgery. Welcome and I hope things go well for you!

On 08/20/2018 at 09:28, selah65 said:

No we are in Philadelphia....and yes we can compare notes
So did class go well for you guys? I start my liquid diet on Thursday and my final appointment with my surgeon is on Sept 7th.