Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 2 weeks post op tomorrow and having some issues with Water, propel, or any liquid. I can keep it down but it feels like it’s getting stuck on the way down or like I’ve got air trapped. I’m not using straws or anything like that and taking baby sips. It hurts in my throat and chest area. I have a appointment tomorrow at 1 pm but I really can’t go that long not drinking anything. Anyone else experience this? It’s happening with any drink.

It gets substantially better. Do you best to stay hydrated the first month or so. It gets way easier. I’m a little more than two months out and have zero issues drinking a substantial amount. Even straws have been no problem

On 07/16/2018 at 23:15, Dubbs said:

It gets substantially better. Do you best to stay hydrated the first month or so. It gets way easier. I’m a little more than two months out and have zero issues drinking a substantial amount. Even straws have been no problem

It’s just strange because I’ve had no issues until the last 2 days or so.

My understanding is that when you are healing the sleeve can swell up and down, which can cause some issues when trying to eat or drink. To be sure maybe ask at your appointment. Also try warm or very cold liquids to see if one is better than the other.

Just now, Dubbs said:

My understanding is that when you are healing the sleeve can swell up and down, which can cause some issues when trying to eat or drink. To be sure maybe ask at your appointment. Also try warm or very cold liquids to see if one is better than the other.

Sorry I just noticed you had bypass

Im 2 weeks post op tomorrow and having some issues with Water, propel, or any liquid. I can keep it down but it feels like it’s getting stuck on the way down or like I’ve got air trapped. I’m not using straws or anything like that and taking baby sips. It hurts in my throat and chest area. I have a appointment tomorrow at 1 pm but I really can’t go that long not drinking anything. Anyone else experience this? It’s happening with any drink.
I feel the exact same way. I hope we both get answers to our problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/17/2018 at 07:45, man_a_con said:

I feel the exact same way. I hope we both get answers to our problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I go for a follow up today and I’ll be asking for sure! I’ll put on here what they say.

Yes I did for first couple of months while I healed. Hot Water (decaf tea) worked for me.

On 07/17/2018 at 08:42, BostonWLKC said:

Yes I did for first couple of months while I healed. Hot Water (decaf tea) worked for me.
I’ve tried hot/cold/in between and have issues the last two days with it all :/

I’ve tried hot/cold/in between and have issues the last two days with it all :/
I was just having this discussion on another thread with a few people, I can only tolerate high quality Water, very expensive mostly foreign or alkaline. They suggested it is the "texture" or mineral content. Try a few different types of water, or alkaline your own.

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

So I can’t tolerate tap Water ever it’s the Flouride also the more minerals in the water the more my body likes it now I’m pre op I can only imagine post op how picky I’ll be about water post op. Ps the flouride this is a mutated gene my family has we’re allergic to it makes us horribly sick to our tummy’s like my grandma couldn’t brush her teeth with anything containing flouride same as my dad and me

So I can’t tolerate tap Water ever it’s the Flouride also the more minerals in the Water the more my body likes it now I’m pre op I can only imagine post op how picky I’ll be about water post op. Ps the flouride this is a mutated gene my family has we’re allergic to it makes us horribly sick to our tummy’s like my grandma couldn’t brush her teeth with anything containing flouride same as my dad and me
WOW

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167