Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOMEN 400+ who’ve had or are having VSG soon?

WOMEN ONLY PLEASE! Someone started the 300+ thread but I haven’t seen much about women 400+ when getting VSG. I would love to hear about how you prepped for surgery, how successful were you, what are your biggest challenges before, during , and after? Before and after pics? What should I do to prepare being a super plus woman? Thanks all and I’m so glad we’re here together!

No one? I’m the only woman going into this at 405?

I started at 412. I have lost 64lbs I am still pre op until my October bypass. I was going to get the sleeve but after talking with my doctor and doing a ton of research I changed my mind. I am type 1 diabetic I will never be off of my insulin but at least take a lot less. I have a high BMI, I want to lose as much as possible and I feel I have a better chance with the RNY. I also have a volcano in my chest as it is now, I don’t need or want my acid reflux to get any worse.

I only have 1 more set of blood test and my upper GI to do, along with the last 2 classes.

On 07/19/2018 at 06:44, kimberlymi said:

I started at 412. I have lost 64lbs I am still pre op until my October bypass. I was going to get the sleeve but after talking with my doctor and doing a ton of research I changed my mind. I am type 1 diabetic I will never be off of my insulin but at least take a lot less. I have a high BMI, I want to lose as much as possible and I feel I have a better chance with the RNY. I also have a volcano in my chest as it is now, I don’t need or want my acid reflux to get any worse.

I only have 1 more set of blood test and my upper GI to do, along with the last 2 classes.
Thanks for replying! Great job on your pre-op weight loss so far! That’s awesome and must feel great! I definitely know I should probably get Bypass over Sleeve due to my high BMI, however it’s not covered by insurance at all and I can only afford Sleeve 😕 so I have to make the best of the tool I have access to. It sounds like RNY is probably best for you. When did you start pre-op? Since I am self pay I won’t find out until my pre-op appt a month before surgery what they want me to do leading up to surgery day.

I started my weight loss journey at 443 lbs. I had my sugery on March 12, 2018 at 394 lbs (VSG). I'm not down to 310 lbs. I didn't prepare well because I was so addicted to food but I do have very active job. But I'm very pleased with my surgery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/19/2018 at 07:10, VanessaKaye said:

I started my weight loss journey at 443 lbs. I had my sugery on March 12, 2018 at 394 lbs (VSG). I'm not down to 310 lbs. I didn't prepare well because I was so addicted to food but I do have very active job. But I'm very pleased with my surgery.

How long was your pre-op diet? I haven’t had my pre-op appt yet to see what they want from me but I expect something will be required. I do have food issues but feel like I will do well to be so much more
Limited. Too many options and I fall off the rails. When I have surgery, I’m not eating the junk anymore. You’ve lost 84 pounds since March and that’s awesome!!! You are so close to two-derville! You can do it! Thanks for responding!

How long was your pre-op diet? I haven’t had my pre-op appt yet to see what they want from me but I expect something will be required. I do have food issues but feel like I will do well to be so much more
Limited. Too many options and I fall off the rails. When I have surgery, I’m not eating the junk anymore. You’ve lost 84 pounds since March and that’s awesome!!! You are so close to two-derville! You can do it! Thanks for responding!
No problem! My pre-op diet was two weeks. It consisted of three meals that totaled in 800 calories. I did not follow pre-op diet well. Oops. But now, my sleeve keeps me very restricted. I love it.

I'm only a 300 pounder who will be having an RnY but many of your struggles are the sam, if it's okay I'll just hand out and see if I can learn anything.👣😛

@Frustr8

I i think i mistakingly erased chance to send and receive messages

so i cant send or receive

resonse to me aboout that message

want to know what it said

kathy

Well it's right there if Ken and DH can erase your sin . Oh it was a doozzy, if I posted it here Ken would just take it down again.

9 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

. Oh it was a doozy

@Frustr8

maybe respond like i did above

respond in this post - maybe he he wont catch it;)

not a private message?

kathy

sending all ladies above best wishes

i know you all will do great:rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

On 07/21/2018 at 07:36, proudgrammy said:

@Frustr8

I i think i mistakingly erased chance to send and receive messages

so i cant send or receive

resonse to me aboout that message

want to know what it said

kathy

Oh man did I miss something?

Yep one bari-pal told off another bari-pal and said I will never ever,return. If you PM me sometime I'll give you the down and dirty, I saw it before it was taken down.