Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First week after bypass I lost a whopping 13 lbs! This week nothing!! What's up with that?? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

25 minutes ago, sammi123 said:

First week after bypass I lost a whopping 13 lbs! This week nothing!! What's up with that?? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok. So you are a whole 2 weeks out of surgery. You aren't properly healed up yet. You still haven't started real foods yet. I'm sure you haven't been cleared for extensive exercising yet either. Just relax and don't worry about any stall.

Are you hitting your Protein requirements yet?
Are you hitting your Water requirements yet?
Are you exercising at all yet?

Our bodies require water to process and reduce fat stores. So without enough water, the process either doesn't happen or isn't efficient enough to matter.

What you need to worry about in the first month, is that A ) you don't have any pain or other complications. B ) you are taking the time to rest and heal. C ) that you are working to, or getting your protein and water minimums D ) you are walking or doing other approved exercises, working up to more each day.

Everything else can wait. If you are hitting your marks, and exercising. Then just step back and let the process happen.

You got this!

You have to look at the long game. Instead of thinking, I haven't lost any weight in a week, think, I lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks.

Get used to stalls. They are frustrating but they are inevitable. Weight loss is non linear.

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Get used to stalls.

Hate to be harsh, but she's right. It sucks hard core, but they are inevitable.

i'm in a slight stall right now too. 1 month out, haven't lost weight in a week. but I was just cleared to exercise and had my first day back at the gym this morning.

Thank in there! it does work if you work it.

I am meeting all my requirements. I'm not upset at all. I'm really not. Actually I am happy with my 13 just a little surprised I didn't drop at least a pound or two. I've read enough on hear to know there will be stalls and know my surgery is fresh.

I would like to know though how many times a day I am suppose to be eating soft food which my dr approved for us. If I ate when hungry I'd never eat.

On 07/02/2018 at 17:45, sammi123 said:

I am meeting all my requirements. I'm not upset at all. I'm really not. Actually I am happy with my 13 just a little surprised I didn't drop at least a pound or two. I've read enough on hear to know there will be stalls and know my surgery is fresh.

I would like to know though how many times a day I am suppose to be eating soft food which my dr approved for us. If I ate when hungry I'd never eat.

When I was on purred stage, I was eating 4-5x per day. Approx 1/4-1/3 of a cup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches