Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 16 days post op today.. and I am sorry this is kinda a rant... I just joined this forum so if this is not posted correctly I apologize for this also! I’ve been reading over a lot of questions and comments and I see people saying how they’ve lost a lot of weight. I went into surgery at 260lbs came out of surgery at 266lbs got back to 260 a week later due to Water weight... so I was told. At my follow up two week appointment today I have only lost 6 pounds! I understand that my body is healing and I can’t compare myself to others but it’s so hard not to feel crappy, and scared that this isn’t working.. Did/has anyone lost a good amount of weight from the sleeve but had a slow start?
I Feel like my mind is playing tricks on me, i’m already thinking maybe I’m eating to much... knowing that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be when I’m eating if not not eating enough... Urgh just so frustrating... I really just want to smack myself and tell myself to chill out... but my Brian will not stop... lol

5 hours ago, Mia.7485 said:

I am 16 days post op today.. and I am sorry this is kinda a rant... I just joined this forum so if this is not posted correctly I apologize for this also! I’ve been reading over a lot of questions and comments and I see people saying how they’ve lost a lot of weight. I went into surgery at 260lbs came out of surgery at 266lbs got back to 260 a week later due to Water weight... so I was told. At my follow up two week appointment today I have only lost 6 pounds! I understand that my body is healing and I can’t compare myself to others but it’s so hard not to feel crappy, and scared that this isn’t working.. Did/has anyone lost a good amount of weight from the sleeve but had a slow start?
I Feel like my mind is playing tricks on me, i’m already thinking maybe I’m eating to much... knowing that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be when I’m eating if not not eating enough... Urgh just so frustrating... I really just want to smack myself and tell myself to chill out... but my Brian will not stop... lol

Being so close to surgery, you really REALLY have to wait it out. Just make sure you are following your surgical and nutritional documentation TO THE LETTER.

Make sure you are exercising to some extent, within what you've been approved for of course.

But overall, it's far too soon to be worried about your losses. Just keep following your instructions, and breathe... you'll do fine if you stay withing your instructions and hit your goals each day.

Weight loss depends on the type of surgery. After my gastric bypass, my weight dropped like a lead brick but I transitioned into maintenance at 7 months. Sleeve patients drop weight at a much slower pace but many do not transition into maintenance until 2 years post-op and they experience many stalls along the way. So be careful when comparing your weight loss with others. At 16 days post-op you are really at the start of your journey.

I've only lost 11lbs and I am almost one month post op. Honestly its slightly annoying but I tell myself all sorts of things that are TRUE to make me feel better like:

- My body is probably like WTF is going on? I dropped 17lbs pre op and 11lbs post op all in 4 weeks time and now my body is taking a break (Im in a two and half week stall).

- I can see changes in my body and the way my clothes fit even though I am not seeing changes on the scale

- Yes, I might be a slow loser but hopefully that means it won't be so hard on my body and I won't lose my alot of hair or have gallblader problems.

- It would of been very hard for me to lose those 11lbs without the surgery.

8 hours ago, Mia.7485 said:

Quite a few people have posted that their doctor told them not to weigh for the first month because it can be so discouraging. Too early for despair, things will pick up!

The thing is, all of these answers full of very good/correct info aren’t going to help you feel less frustrated. Ugh.
I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s going to come off eventually if you’re following the program.
Meanwhile, it sucks, sucks, SUCKS, when you lose slowly. Been there. I get it.
Hang in there. Really...your patience will be rewarded. Even when it seems nothing is happening, you’ll notice your clothing becoming looser, your face becoming thinner...victories a scale can’t measure.