Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powders and Appliances

Help! During the puréed and soft phase and beyond. I would like to know:

POWDERS/SHAKES-What have been your best and worst Protein powders? What were your favorite shakes? What was the best vanilla powder to cook with?

APPLIANCES/UTENSIL- What appliances did you use? What tools did you buy (example smaller whisks/veggie bullet chopper) Did you buy a small slow cooker?

I have a ninja and a food processor and a normal sized crook pot and a food scale.

On 06/27/2018 at 19:20, Tealael said:

Seems like you have enough to me, the stage doesn't last terribly long so no need to buy more things you'll never use

I also mean long term. I know there are shakes I loved but I honestly don’t remember the names. Also, I wonder if anyone found a small crockpot useful. It’s just my husband and I.

I still use my normal size crock pot for meal prepping for the week , you may want to wait and see what more you need along the way. But what you have seems pretty solid.

I love the convenience of premade Protein drinks. My favorites are

1-premier protein chocolate 30g protein

2- protein H2O 20g protein juice like (coconut flavor tastes just like piña cola without alcohol)

3-. Eas carb control 17g protein (cold brew coffee flavor).

I make my own shake every morning using half frozen banana, 3-4 frozen strawberries, 5oz unsweetened almond milk and 2 scoops of brand Bariatric Fusion vanilla flavor - 27g

i have some unflavored protein that I use inside my pudding & mashed potatoes.....but don’t really cook with it

Edited by Yourgirlnina

On 06/27/2018 at 20:50, Yourgirlnina said:

I love the convenience of premade Protein Drinks. My favorites are

1-premier Protein chocolate 30g protein

2- Protein H2O 20g protein juice like (coconut flavor tastes just like piña cola without alcohol)

3-. Eas carb control 17g protein (cold brew coffee flavor).

I make my own shake every morning using half frozen banana, 3-4 frozen strawberries, 5oz unsweetened almond milk and 2 scoops of brand Bariatric Fusion vanilla flavor - 27g

i have some unflavored protein that I use inside my pudding & mashed potatoes.....but don’t really cook with it

I love Premir Protein - my nutritionist gave me a sample I think it’s great. The other two sound good. It’d be good to have a variety. As far as the powder, I used to make protein waffles, I forget what was in them now but they were pretty good. So mashed potatoes and Soup, okay thanks.

2 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

I love Premir Protein - my nutritionist gave me a sample I think it’s great. The other two sound good. It’d be good to have a variety. As far as the powder, I used to make protein waffles, I forget what was in them now but they were pretty good. So mashed potatoes and Soup, okay thanks.

Protein waffles sound great. I’m still not on solids but I’ll need to remember that!

Can you use proteinh20 as your Water at some point? Just curious. I like water but it’d be a great way to do two things at once.

3 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

Can you use proteinh20 as your Water at some point? Just curious. I like Water but it’d be a great way to do two things at once.

I was told yes by my DR......they also told me that sugar free popsicles, Gatorade G2, crystal light....all that stuff counts to water intake. I was told 48-64 oz of water,.....but mainly focus on color of urine

I buy them online at Walmart— 24$ for a 12 pack. They have 15 & 20g Protein bottles but come in lots of flavors

On 06/27/2018 at 21:05, Yourgirlnina said:

Protein waffles sound great. I’m still not on solids but I’ll need to remember that!

Yea, so I used to make a big bath of protein waffles with vanilla whey protein. I would make several waffles and put them in zip lock bags for the week. You can even freeze them. They were so good I didn’t need margarine. Some people don’t like them. It was such a great easy Breakfast when I got tired of eggs and oatmeal on other diets.

Use my Nutri Bullet daily. It does shakes, smoothies, batter for Protein pancakes, grinds the ginger and garlic in marinades, makes amazing salad dressings....it's just wonderful for stuff you need blended super fine.

I have a small InstaPot that I use for quick tender chicken breast from frozen. Doesn't take long!

I got an air fryer for Christmas but it is more hype than help in my kitchen.

Lately...I'm loving the outdoor grill:) Marinade and grill season...hook me up! (Try salmon on the grill..yum!)

3 hours ago, Laura7 said:

Help! During the puréed and soft phase and beyond. I would like to know:

POWDERS/SHAKES-What have been your best and worst Protein powders? What were your favorite shakes? What was the best vanilla powder to cook with?

APPLIANCES/UTENSIL- What appliances did you use? What tools did you buy (example smaller whisks/veggie bullet chopper) Did you buy a small slow cooker?

I have a ninja and a food processor and a normal sized crook pot and a food scale.

I got some Unjury chicken Flavor Protein Powder. If Protein is heated above about 130º it can curdle and be yuck. An instant thermometer will make sure the Water isn't too hot when I make chicken broth. It will be a welcome change from all the sweet tasting stuff.

On 06/27/2018 at 22:14, Creekimp13 said:

Use my Nutri Bullet daily. It does shakes, smoothies, batter for Protein pancakes, grinds the ginger and garlic in marinades, makes amazing salad dressings....it's just wonderful for stuff you need blended super fine.

I have a small InstaPot that I use for quick tender chicken breast from frozen. Doesn't take long!

I got an air fryer for Christmas but it is more hype than help in my kitchen.

Lately...I'm loving the outdoor grill:) Marinade and grill season...hook me up! (Try salmon on the grill..yum!)

Do you have a 3 quart instapot or a 6 quart? It looks like the 3 quart would be better.