Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleevers check in!

On 6/15/2018 at 9:04 AM, SleevedJuneBug said:

Surgery Date: 4/18/2018

Starting Weight: 300lbs

Total Loss: 30lbs

Current Weight: 270

I've experienced two stalls so far lasting around four weeks total. It's very easy to get down about not continuously losing the weight but I know my body is still trying to figure it out. I don't get all the Protein I need in a day but because of dumping syndrome everything pretty much goes right through me including Protein Shakes. I drink tons of Water though. I still get actual hunger pains and feel hungry often which is disappointing but someone pointed out that the feeling of hunger in your stomach could actually be from acid so taking Gaviscon tablets could help with that, I'll have to give that a try. Hopefully I start losing weight again soon. I'm so ready to be over this stall.

I have hunger too, I bought some gaviscon but I can't tolerate them at all, they feel like they're foaming in my mouth! My PCP out me on extra omeprozole, but I always forget to take it, even with a reminder on my phone! I've had 2 stalls, not fun, I JUST started losing again last week and finally five pounds down! @AASosa you are brave with your pizza lol! I've gone gluten free, FINALLY given up nicotine and sugar and simple carbs, I do eat clean now too but I'm not exercising like I should, I make a lot of new things from cooking light magazines. @Rachibabe I am SO not having an easy time either. I can't get enough Protein without a supplement (GenePro is great) and now I basically make a hot chocolate with fairlife milk because I'm suddenly lactose intolerant and add the GENEPRO and boom! 45 protein. It's expensive but you can use it in hot stuff and it doesn't circle or get weird. I can't seem to drink anywhere close to 48 ounces, tons of smells make me gag. This is seriously the hardest thing I've ever done, and I've grown 2 humans and had to learn to walk and talk again at 19. We're right there with you.

4 hours ago, magpie26 said:

I have hunger too, I bought some gaviscon but I can't tolerate them at all, they feel like they're foaming in my mouth! My PCP out me on extra omeprozole, but I always forget to take it, even with a reminder on my phone! I've had 2 stalls, not fun, I JUST started losing again last week and finally five pounds down! @AASosa you are brave with your pizza lol! I've gone gluten free, FINALLY given up nicotine and sugar and simple carbs, I do eat clean now too but I'm not exercising like I should, I make a lot of new things from cooking light magazines. @Rachibabe I am SO not having an easy time either. I can't get enough Protein without a supplement (GenePro is great) and now I basically make a hot chocolate with fairlife milk because I'm suddenly lactose intolerant and add the GENEPRO and boom! 45 Protein. It's expensive but you can use it in hot stuff and it doesn't circle or get weird. I can't seem to drink anywhere close to 48 ounces, tons of smells make me gag. This is seriously the hardest thing I've ever done, and I've grown 2 humans and had to learn to walk and talk again at 19. We're right there with you.

You know I stumbled across GENEPRO when I was researching all the different Proteins to try but it seemed kind of sketchy. Has your doctor or NUT approved it?

My NUT honestly wasn't crazy about it when I told her because she said they still don't know a ton about it, but the other ones I used didnt didn't work well in hot stuff and were always flavored. This is as unflavored as you can get. She told me another kind but she was on the phone and talks so fast I missed it lol!

I am doing mostly good. I had a hard time last week feeling very tired and unmotivated, but happily that has passed. If I can figure out how to share a photo, I will. To meet my Protein goal of 65g daily, I switched from Protein Shakes to Fairlife milk. 13g per 8oz serving. I have 20 oz daily (I love milk) along with 1/4c protein for lunch and dinner, and 1/2 of a Triple Zero Greek yogurt for Breakfast. I figure 1/4 c of protein is 2 oz, so that gets me just over 65g daily. I didn't like protein Water either. I don't remember how to update my stats, but I'm down a total of 61 pounds now, which is half my excess weight. I feel like an odd duck in that I have a weird body perception. It's distorted. Whenever I see a photo of myself, it is always surprising to me how large I actually am. Even now. Oy vey. Photo in shorts was taken today. Royal blue dress photo taken 5/2015.

Linda 2.5m post op.jpg

IMG_20150514_182501137.jpg

VSG on 4/16

Started at 241 and on the day of my surgery, I was 229. Today I am 197.

My goal is to hit 170, although my docs prefer 160. I think that is reasonable, but when I hit 170, we are going to try for our second baby. I figure I will be 6-8 months out at that time, and my doc is ok with it (as long as I don’t get pregnant in the first few months after).

1 hour ago, Lyngolean said:

I am doing mostly good. I had a hard time last week feeling very tired and unmotivated, but happily that has passed. If I can figure out how to share a photo, I will. To meet my Protein goal of 65g daily, I switched from Protein Shakes to Fairlife milk. 13g per 8oz serving. I have 20 oz daily (I love milk) along with 1/4c Protein for lunch and dinner, and 1/2 of a Triple Zero Greek yogurt for Breakfast. I figure 1/4 c of protein is 2 oz, so that gets me just over 65g daily. I didn't like protein Water either. I don't remember how to update my stats, but I'm down a total of 61 pounds now, which is half my excess weight. I feel like an odd duck in that I have a weird body perception. It's distorted. Whenever I see a photo of myself, it is always surprising to me how large I actually am. Even now. Oy vey. Photo in shorts was taken today. Royal blue dress photo taken 5/2015.

Linda 2.5m post op.jpg

IMG_20150514_182501137.jpg

You look great @Lyngolean! Congrats on your weight loss!