Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleevers check in!

When were you sleeved? How are you feeling/doing? Share your stats of you want!

surgery day 4/17/18 10:00 A.M.

SW: 283

homecoming weight (lol!) 292!

CW: 253.8

GW: ? 170

surgery date 4/2/18
hw 321
sw 284
cw 239
1 gw 170
2 gw 140
i feel good but really have to constantly wk at getting my calories & Water in.i am super busy at wk & sometimes only have a few mins to decide if i should eat or drink.i get filled up so quickly.i always get my Protein in but struggling some days to get my water in.i do cardio 5-6 times a week,anywhere from 36-70 mins.,depending on how i feel.im getting sick of eating the same things.i like to cook but so hard to track all the ingredients & then either have to freeze or throw away before it gets eaten.i just have been eating simpler,less processed foods.i dont get to my vegs & fruits as often as i would like,since im trying to use space for water & protein.my nut wants me eating 3 times a day,no Snacks ideally.im allowed 600-800 calories a day.i cant wait to have lean red meat & pork when i get to 6months.i hope everyone else is hanging in there & feeling well.please let me know how the rest of u april sleevers are doing.

Sleeved 4/19/18

HW: 205

SW: 185

CW: 167

GW: 135

Slow loser. More inches than pounds, though. Dropped my BMI from 35.1 to 30 and Body Fat percentage by 4.5%. Trying my hardest to hit Protein and Vitamin levels from food, as I can only eat about 2oz of solids. For this reason, I eat 4x/day, 5 if it’s not too late, and take supplements. Just started moderate exercise this week, but skip cardio if I haven’t had enough calories.

Sleeved 4/27/18

HW:377

SW: 303

CW: 269

GW: 175

Making steady progress. Honestly I thought weight would be coming off quicker because I was starting so high, and granted I am not spring chicken but I am still in my 30s. Didn’t think my age would factor in yet. Still 34 pound in 6 weeks is decent.

Finally having some relief from the chronic nausea after the nutrionist changed my Vitamins and took me off the gald bladder meds. Finally getting close to my 64 oz of fluids in. Waiting till I am 8 weeks out to join a gym, until then I walk about 5-6 miles a day.

Sleeved 4/5/18

HW-282

CW-218

GW-140

Doing pretty good now, but I feel like I'm in a big stall. I've learned to start my day with 24oz of Water before I do anything else. This helps me get my water in. I'm eating 3 meals a day with the occasional snack on my extremely long work days. The hardest thing is managing my fluids on the days I have a 2 hour commute. I need to drink my water early enough so I don't have an accident in the vanpool. :o)

Surgery 4/10/18

HW: 295

CW: 252

Slow start out of the gate. Surgery was complicated by adhesions from band and I was overmedicated recovery unit.

Been on solid foods for a few weeks. I have to be careful with bread, but I don't eat a lot of it anyway. I do OK on my plan, but have had a few episodes of uncomfortable slime/foamies. Sometimes I can figure out the cause, sometimes I can't. Discovered last week that traveling can be a challenge, but I do the best I can.

My weight loss is going much slower than I'd like. I'm told that it's because of my previous bariatric surgery/lap band. Guess the body has "been there/done that" kind of attitude. Happy I'm losing inches. Am down 2 pant sizes.

Glad my energy is back. Started off on MD Patches, but developed sensitivity to the adhesive. Don't like the chalky chewables and the soft-chews are kind of expensive. I can take small pills, but the larger Vitamin size caplets can be uncomfortable. Currently taking SF Gummy supplements, which seem to work and I consider them my treat for the day. My skin is looking great. Not much Hair loss. I notice a little extra in my brush, otherwise I seem to have that in check.

Surgery 20/04/18

HW - 233

SW - 220

CW - 190

I can eat 3-4 bytes of most fruit and vegetables now, also little bit of fish is ok too. chicken is another story, I just can not keep it down. eggs smell quite funny since surgery and I don't like how cheese tastes. In the end I still get most of my Protein from shakes, I don't like that, but that is what it is.

Sometimes I get frustrated by so much restriction from my sleeve, I just want to eat a proper meal without throwing up. The good thing is that I don't experience any hunger at all, that alone was worth having the surgery, it is just so liberating.

I haven't eat a single gram of chocolate, sugar, bread for two months now. One of my goals is to try to not eat it for one whole year. I started intermittent fasting, 5:2 plan and it is quite easy because I am never hungry even when fasting. Will try to keep IF for the rest of my life as a way to keep weight off. Haven't started exercising yet.

I we all are doing awesome. I lost 10 before during my liquid diet plus 30 after, so about 40 so far. I've stalled two times, my second stall was (is) this past week probably going on 7 days. On week 4 I developed severe nausea for almost three weeks, tomorrow is my two month surgery mark. Nausea is finally gone maybe just last week. I'm having a hard time getting even 48 ounces in, but it's getting better day by day. Most food is fine with me but the smell of coffee, hard liquor and cigarettes make me gag. I know I'm losing but I've only gone down one pant size but I went into the hospital a 3X and today my top I'm wearing is an XL, not a perfect fit, but it fits! I don't do any bread, and went gluten free since I don't do bread products, it helps arthritis. I'm not exercising like I should but I did get a new Fitbit and it keeps me more accountable when I see so few steps.

So I look and I feel like I am eating more ounces wise (sometimes) I can finally eat a whole scrambled egg in less than an hour, less than 20 minutes now! I try to have my calories around 700ish. I see my nutritionist next week.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, MdmMargott said:

Sometimes I get frustrated by so much restriction from my sleeve, I just want to eat a proper meal without throwing up. The good thing is that I don't experience any hunger at all, that alone was worth having the surgery, it is just so liberating.

You're so lucky with the no hunger. I still feel hunger and everyone tells me it's head hunger, no, I feel actually hungry, but not like before which is good. I don't give in to any temptations or eat anything bad, but I still feel get hungry now and then. I did have one bite of wedding cake on Sunday, I was sad not to enjoy a glass of wine.

Glad to see everyone is doing well... How many of you are exercising?? I began about a month ago full go with my brother, I am getting in 45 min of cardio a day and 1 hour of Weightlifting and have noticed a dramatic change in my body composition. Bought my first new set of jeans the other day and squeezed into a 42 from a 48/50 before surgery so it felt great.

Dieting so far has been good for the most part, I eat a lot cleaner than I use to, My Protein intake is good I feel like I can eat a lot in one sitting (4ounces protein and about an ounce of Misc Carbs. My issue is still a balanced diet as I just do not eat fruits and vegetables ( I am that Guy) so I am pretty limited to new recipes.

Since we are being Honest every now and then I sneak in 2 slices of think crust papa johns pizza or a few Jack and cokes on the weekend lol (I know I know...) Working on the Yolo lifestyle choices I make..

All I know is I am so much happier now with the sleeve versus the Band and feel that it is much easier to deal with on a day to day basis.

Anyways keep kicking ass everyone!

Edited by AASosa

Surgery Date: 4/30/2018

SW: 211

CW: 184

I am not having the easiest time after this surgery. I feel like I'm the only person at this stage post-op that isn't "living the dream." It's not very comfortable when I drink or eat, but not so uncomfortable that I think something is wrong (like a stricture). It's a constant struggle to get my Protein goals met because Protein Shakes make me gag now (and I've tried them all) and I literally can't eat enough food to meet these needs.

Someone please tell me I am not the only one at this stage in the game who is struggling.

8 hours ago, Rachibabe said:

I am not having the easiest time after this surgery. I feel like I'm the only person at this stage post-op that isn't "living the dream." It's not very comfortable when I drink or eat, but not so uncomfortable that I think something is wrong (like a stricture). It's a constant struggle to get my Protein goals met because Protein Shakes make me gag now (and I've tried them all) and I literally can't eat enough food to meet these needs.

Someone please tell me I am not the only one at this stage in the game who is struggling.

Rachibabe-I'm sorry you feel this way.

#1, I'd say that if you're having discomfort drinking or eating, talk to your doctor and/or nutritionist.

#2-I know I'm not "living the dream". I feel like my entire life revolves around food. Planning my meals, planning when to eat, how much to eat, monitoring my macro-nutrients. Let's not even go there about doing this when you're traveling! I still have the occasional lump going down if I swallow a drink or a bite that's too big. I've had episodes of unexplained slime/foamies that are best described as torture. I lay awake at night worrying myself to death that the bit of heartburn or indigestion I had will develop into something worse. I struggle to meet my Protein goals every day. Fortunately, I have found shakes that I like.

You aren't the only one who has struggles. We all kind of struggle in our own way. Tell your doctor how you're feeling. Try some protein Water (I don't like it, but others swear by it).

9 hours ago, Rachibabe said:

Surgery Date: 4/30/2018

SW: 211

CW: 184

Honey, I sure ain't living a dream. I got chronic heartburn and eating is still pretty uncomfortable--drinking too. Some days I think I am over the hump, and other days I am worse then the day before. Sometimes you just need to smile through it cuz there is no going back.

8 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Honey, I sure ain't living a dream. I got chronic heartburn and eating is still pretty uncomfortable--drinking too. Some days I think I am over the hump, and other days I am worse then the day before. Sometimes you just need to smile through it cuz there is no going back.

Thank you for this. I have felt like the last couple of days I have been going backwards in recovery, and it's kind of nice to hear that this happens to other people too.

Surgery Date: 4/18/2018

Starting Weight: 300lbs

Total Loss: 30lbs

Current Weight: 270

I've experienced two stalls so far lasting around four weeks total. It's very easy to get down about not continuously losing the weight but I know my body is still trying to figure it out. I don't get all the Protein I need in a day but because of dumping syndrome everything pretty much goes right through me including Protein Shakes. I drink tons of Water though. I still get actual hunger pains and feel hungry often which is disappointing but someone pointed out that the feeling of hunger in your stomach could actually be from acid so taking Gaviscon tablets could help with that, I'll have to give that a try. Hopefully I start losing weight again soon. I'm so ready to be over this stall.

Edited by SleevedJuneBug