Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

I called and spoke to Dr. Valenzuelaway ( by the way, his english is perfect don´t you think so?) he send me alot of information regarding the procedure but I wanted to hear from you too, you see ,they have two options either at the clinic or at Hospital Angeles, where did you have yours done? how was it? do you recommend it? now that I called sounds real, and I´m getting nervous.

Sunshine, I found this website that you may be interested in about Mohammad Ali's daughter:

LAP-BAND®: Moment of Truth

Thanks I will check that out...I'm

4_1_72.gif TOOOOOO miserable. I cooked up for me and my honey; asparagus in butter, fresh mushrooms in butter and wine, home-made bread, BIG beautiful potatoe with sour cream and finally a large rib steak for each of us. Damn it looked good. I chomped down and found out that I could only eat a bit of it, then got sick with the PB's.................booohooo... but I asked for it by getting the surgery. And I guess the surgery really is for times like this.

Guess I will light some candles and invite honey into the whirlpool tub with me.....

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ALL...

ps hear about that Illinois university campus that got shot up today.... the Decalb one???? That is where I got my BFA and

MA at......wow.!!

I called and spoke to Dr. Valenzuelaway ( by the way, his english is perfect don´t you think so?) he send me alot of information regarding the procedure but I wanted to hear from you too, you see ,they have two options either at the clinic or at Hospital Angeles, where did you have yours done? how was it? do you recommend it? now that I called sounds real, and I´m getting nervous.

Isn't Dr. V great. You will love him, hw is like a teddy bear.....

I had mine at the hospital because of my age and what they call 'morbitities' . The hospital was a great experience. I'd imagine the clinic would be a great experience too....it just depends on where you are at when it comes to age and health.............

[quote name=NM Sunshine;

4_1_72.gif TOOOOOO miserable. I cooked up for me and my honey; asparagus in butter' date=' fresh mushrooms in butter and wine, home-made bread, BIG beautiful potatoe with sour cream and finally a large rib steak for each of us. Damn it looked good. I chomped down and found out that I could only eat a bit of it, then got sick with the PB's.................booohooo... [b']but I asked for it by getting the surgery.[/b]

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Sunshine, you did not ask for this when you had surgery. You simply tried to eat too much, too fast, and without chewing properly. I eat steak and potato, salad and veggies, all the time. If I am really hungry and don't THINK before I eat, I take too big of bites and don't chew it to a pulp. Then, it comes back up because it can't go down, can it? Next time, start with a little potato, or something soft on your plate, and see if that doesn't take the edge off your hunger. Then you can go back and eat SMALL pieces of meat remembering to chew well. Also, asparagus is a very fiberous, stringy vegetable and I've read a lot of people with lapbands have problems with it. Try brocolli next time.

So, after all that barfing, how was the whirlpool? ~LOL~

Hugs,

Judy

Very true. Another sure fire sign of a coordinator is when they push one doc and one doc only.

There are many very good doctors in Mexico and when someone is pushing one and only one doc, that's a pretty good clue.

WASaBubbleButt: Would you mind posting the link to your thread about researching doctors? It was invaluable to me before surgery and I feel anyone who is searching could gain some real information there. Why reinvent the wheel when the instructions are already posted?

Thanks for putting so much of your time, and hundreds of computer hours, into something everyone can use if they would just take the time.

Judy

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Sunshine, you did not ask for this when you had surgery. You simply tried to eat too much, too fast, and without chewing properly. I eat steak and potato, salad and veggies, all the time. If I am really hungry and don't THINK before I eat, I take too big of bites and don't chew it to a pulp. Then, it comes back up because it can't go down, can it? Next time, start with a little potato, or something soft on your plate, and see if that doesn't take the edge off your hunger. Then you can go back and eat SMALL pieces of meat remembering to chew well. Also, asparagus is a very fiberous, stringy vegetable and I've read a lot of people with lapbands have problems with it. Try brocolli next time.

So, after all that barfing, how was the whirlpool? ~LOL~

Hugs,

Judy

I think I exaggerated about the Valentines day dinner. I did get to eat small portions of the food. It was that I wanted to go baCK TO my old way of eating and eat the whole darn thing. I just pb'ed a little and I think it was the asparagus. I was fine in 5 minutes. The whirpool was heavenly. It's quite cold outside so that makes the bath even nicer.

That´s one of the things that I´m most afraid of ,I love to eat and I eat till I can´t even sit down, so I´m afraid I will be a failure with this too.

That´s one of the things that I´m most afraid of ,I love to eat and I eat till I can´t even sit down, so I´m afraid I will be a failure with this too.

I think your problem is like a lot of us. We just love food. But, after a few fills the band prevents us from over eating. And since you are chewing your food much more and eating slower, You get a feeling of satisfaction, like you do with a big meal. You'll see, I bet you do great!!

Hi all - I've been MIA for a month or so. I had my first fill and after one week I had no restriction. So I've spent the last month losing and gaining the same two pounds - very frustrating.

I hope that the second fill does the trick. It's just a little depressing right now because I know other people have had much better success in their first months. I wish that I could control it myself, but then I get annoyed because the reason I had the surgery was because I knew I couldn't control it myself.

Glad to see everyone's successes though. I'm still hopeful that will be me someday.:unsure:

Hi all - I've been MIA for a month or so. I had my first fill and after one week I had no restriction. So I've spent the last month losing and gaining the same two pounds - very frustrating.

I hope that the second fill does the trick. It's just a little depressing right now because I know other people have had much better success in their first months. I wish that I could control it myself, but then I get annoyed because the reason I had the surgery was because I knew I couldn't control it myself.

Glad to see everyone's successes though. I'm still hopeful that will be me someday.:(

Newblew!!!!

I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to know you're ok but sorry to hear you're struggling with food. There's a really great thread called something like "How the lapband works". It's not hard to find if you go to the main forum menu. From what has been posted (and I haven't had time to research the material), is the band is placed around part of the fat that surrounds the stomach. As you lose weight, you lose some of this fat and it causes the band to loosen. I lost my upper belly fat rather quickly which explains why I could get an adjustment and a month later, need another. Try and find the thread... I think it will answer a lot of your questions.

And then there's mushies! Could you be overdoing with them. It hasn't been that long since your surgery and you may be relying on these higher calorie foods because they go down so easy. Mashed potatoes? Gravy? Full fat pudding? Milkshakes? Or perhaps you're still drinking liquid with your meals? It really will wash down what's in the pouch and give you room for more food.

Try not to feel discouraged. One of the problems with having surgery in Mexico is you don't have the opportunity to take classes and get counseling before surgery so you're left hanging when it's over. Keep reading, keep posting, and if you follow the rules you should start losing weight. Not everyone does 10 pounds a month but whatever the number, it's better that the gradual gain most of us were seeing.

Let us know how you're doing in a few weeks. Don't forget to take some extra Fiber (not laxatives!) to keep the plumbing working. I'm crossing fingers and toes for you.

Judy

I think your problem is like a lot of us. We just love food. But, after a few fills the band prevents us from over eating. And since you are chewing your food much more and eating slower, You get a feeling of satisfaction, like you do with a big meal. You'll see, I bet you do great!!

Thank you NMsunshine , you are very supportive can´t wait to have mine done. I was wondering have you been to your Drs.appointment yet? let us know how it goes:wub:

Thanks so much Judy!! Your advice makes a lot of sense. My true confession is that I know that I'm overdoing on the wrong foods. Nothing that is going to hurt the band, but definitely junk. And I also know now that there is nothing the band will be able to do to fix that.

I hesitate to write that because I've seen other posts (not on this board)where people who have had a lot of success make comments about why people would waste their $ if they were just going to eat the same way. I get it - I just thought I was going to be full faster no matter what I ate. Not that before surgery I thought I would be able to live on three bites of cookie and a half a candy bar a day. My best intentions were to eat only things that were good for me. But that was my intention on every diet I ever started...

But I'm also getting ahead of myself in the melodrama department. Rationally, I know that there is every reason to think that this next fill will put me in a different place where I see more results, and find it easier to stay motivated. So I'm really not throwing in the towel. Tomorrow I'm on liquids before my fill on Friday. I'm re-dedicating myself today!:)

Thanks!

Thanks so much Judy!! Your advice makes a lot of sense. My true confession is that I know that I'm overdoing on the wrong foods. Nothing that is going to hurt the band, but definitely junk. And I also know now that there is nothing the band will be able to do to fix that.

I hesitate to write that because I've seen other posts (not on this board)where people who have had a lot of success make comments about why people would waste their $ if they were just going to eat the same way. I get it - I just thought I was going to be full faster no matter what I ate. Not that before surgery I thought I would be able to live on three bites of cookie and a half a candy bar a day. My best intentions were to eat only things that were good for me. But that was my intention on every diet I ever started...

But I'm also getting ahead of myself in the melodrama department. Rationally, I know that there is every reason to think that this next fill will put me in a different place where I see more results, and find it easier to stay motivated. So I'm really not throwing in the towel. Tomorrow I'm on liquids before my fill on Friday. I'm re-dedicating myself today!:)

Thanks!

You're a smart chick, Newblew! I know if there's Cookies in my house, I WILL EAT THEM! I try and save my cheating to one day a week when I visit my folks. There's always something sweet or gooey around. I usually go ahead and munch a bit knowing I can go home and detox, if you can call it that. ~LOL~ Now, don't beat yourself up too much because I'm standing right beside you this week. I have put 1-2 pounds back on but I'm also dealing with a gall bladder problem which is causing a lot of stress. I know as soon as I feel 100% again, I will lose those extra pounds. I sometimes yo-yo with the same 2-3 pounds for a few weeks, or until I get another fill. It will happen for you too!

I don't think anyone here is going to scold you for eating the wrong foods. In fact, I think it defeats the purpose of support threads when you make someone feel bad, or ashamed of their behavior. Just think of us as a kinder, gentler group who wants to see you succeed.

Good luck with your fill. Going on liquids is a good idea, I may try it next time.

Hugs,

Judy

Wait! Wait! I didn't tell you the best part...I'm the "cookie mom" for my daughter's girl scout troop!

Since January 20th, I have had 2200 boxes of Cookies pass through my dining room. Actually, now that I write that down, and really think about it, girl scout cookies have been my downfall this month.

That's good news because next week, they are all out of here. Next year - some other poor unsuspecting mom will be taking on this job. Hopefully one of those naturally thin moms who can eat just one Thin Mint and not a sleeve at a time!

Judy, I hope that you feel better soon!

Thank you NMsunshine , you are very supportive can´t wait to have mine done. I was wondering have you been to your Drs.appointment yet? let us know how it goes:wub:

Hi, glad to hear you are feeling better about yourself and the band. I know some people lose weight very fast after surgery. Mine is very slow. But, that is what the doc wants and it's a lot b etter than before I had the surgery and I could not get the scale to go down or if I did, it would jump right back up.

I did see the doc and it is sort of no news. :thumbs_down:The big thing right now is to try and regulate my blood pressure. It's mainly been way to low (92/53) and when i cut back on the BP meds it raises way up too high. So I have a new BP monitor and I monitor it often and take meds accordingly.