Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

At least the nekkid bonfire part was fun... coz the offer wasn't so much :thumbdown:. He was a genuine buyer but couldn't come up any higher than $20K below my lowest price and I just can't go down lower - it would mean I couldn't buy and do the work I want to do at the next house, defeating the entire purpose of selling...

*gloomily puts clothes back on and douses fire*

The good news, however, is that there is another potential buyer who looked at the house twice on the weekend and is coming back tomorrow for another go... and apparently have already driven past and taken photos today. Sounds like they're keen, so fingers still crossed that they can find the asking price money...

*whips clothes back off again and grabs the gas can to the chagrin of the neighbors*

Beth - Nekkid bonfire dancing - I'm there!:frown: How's the job hunt going? I haven't heard anything from my first choice, still in the running for one other, and put in three letters of interest for other jobs yesterday. I'm not waiting around - I can't!

I have a post on here about the attorney guy I know who asked me to come in a month ago. Irritating update. About two pages back.

I called the agency about the other one from last week and supposedly the company is in the midst of employee evals and had not gotten back with the agency as of yesterday. My contact there said she would be checking in with them today to see what's happening. She said either way I'll hear something.

Other than that, it's been slow. I'm hair-triggering about whether to ditch it and start planning full-time classes. I haven't decided when my cut-off is for that, but it's getting close. I don't want to miss out on classes I need/want, though right now I have some freedom since I have a number of them to take. If I can handle 15 credit hours a semester and I go through the summer (though I don't know how easy it'll be to take 15 in summer classes, but still...) I could be out in four semesters -- one year, four months. So... :thumbdown:

That is a good thing here!

Nuh-huh! This place is pretty tame. It's some of the more debate threads that it gets scary. lol

I can't believe we haven't heard from Plain with all this nekkid bonfire dancing going on!

Well, you know Plain. His large member + fire = blisters in Disneyland.

totally agree - all my mom had to do was turn , well "snap" her head around and give us the look to "STOP" whatever we were doing in public that she did not approve of.

we also grew up in a close neighborhood & if someone saw us do something wrong - my mom knew about it before we got home.

i just don't get turning a blind eye here. my limited exposure to kids are my friends & brothers - and they all MIND....

thanks for the input all - i was pissed last night and almost told DH about the windows ... but he would have had a fit more than likely on me cause i let him try to fix it in the heat. i think beth's idea is how i'll handle, well that is if she ever comes out of the house....LOL

Since when did pinhead parents or society in general start believing it was better to do away with spanking? Many blame the Dr. Spock era. Am I the only one who has noticed that once spankings went the way of the dinosaur, our kids have gotten more and more out of control?

I am a definite proponent of spanking. The great thing about it is that if done properly, you don't have to use it often. When my daughter was very young, like two or three, all I had to say in public was, "Do we need to go to the bathroom?" And I didn't mean potty. AND she got the message very quickly.

I rarely had to spank because it made an impression. And I too could shoot a look across a football field that would freeze her in her tracks.

And y'all are right -- there was a time that you got it TWICE: at school/at the neighbor's, and then again at home. Those days are definitely gone cuz heaven forbid we hurt their widdle feewings. :thumbdown:

Well, you know Plain. His large member + fire = blisters in Disneyland.

Now THAT'S a mental image I wish I didn't have!!

Oh, but wait, we are talking about his stetson, right? There, that's tolerable.

PJTP..."Jillian", my band is being very finicky this morning...

Mine started Sunday night/Monday morning. Got a fill on Thursday and all was fine (compared to all the acid reflux I had last month right after my fill). Went through liquids and mushies with no issue. However, while I was sleeping Sunday night, I woke up twice choking on acid. Nice. Yesterday it toned down in the morning but started up again after dinner. I knew not to eat at least two hours before I went to bed, but I could still feel it rolling around in there as late as 2 am (was going to go to bed earlier but stayed up hoping it would go away). Slept propped up on pillows.

I have only had Water so far this morning and can feel it a little bit too. It's not near as bad as it was last month, so I'm just hoping maybe I have some salt swelling or something that is making mine finnicky or something, but I don't know how long to let it go. The thing that really pissed me off last time was that he took out ALL my fill from May to June, whether by accident or on purpose. I don't want that again.

:frown:There is another thread which is really cracking me up. it shouldn't. I had even posted on it. It was meant to be a serious thread, but some of the things some of these people say are just so funny. They keep repeating themselves in different ways and it still comes across as condescending, trifling, I am better than you attitude. Glou and Beth might know which one I am talking about. But to me it is funny. For the record Beth and Glou, I think she was deffinatly attacking you Glou.

The MJ thread? A new attack? Hm... :thumbdown:

Now THAT'S a mental image I wish I didn't have!!

Oh, but wait, we are talking about his stetson, right? There, that's tolerable.

Yes, his Stetson. :thumbdown:

I need caffeine- it's going to be a long night at work and the knife and gun club are out playing already!

HELP!! I have been holding risk assessment meetings with some of the blue-collar workers at my company lately and, as they usually HATE coming into the office for meetings, I've been "bribing" them with chocolates and sweets on hand during the meeting times (don't laugh, it works!!) My problem is that the meetings have finished and I have two large tupperware containers full of lollies in my desk drawer and guess who can't control herself?

I was going to take them home last night so that I wouldn't have to face temptation at work, but figured I'd be even worse about giving in at night. I don't want to throw them away - not only are they expensive (and paid for out of my pocket) but I will be holding more meetings next week so will need them then. Problem is, I don't think they'll last that long if I don't manage to keep my hands out of the bowls :thumbup:

How do I stop dipping into these?? *smacks own wrists* ARGH!!

Oh I hate that problem - been there myself many a time (sad how much food is a meeting motivator)

You could try putting a picture of your former self on top of the container and the dollar amount you are going to be paying for your plastic surgery.

can I just say how nice it is to have you down under awake when I'm awake at night working.

Good Luck!

I just went out for a walk instead of eating lunch, coz I feel sick from eating so many chocolates :thumbup:. I should have eaten lunch early and then maybe I wouldn't have given in to the temptation... but then again, maybe I would have scoffed them anyway AND had lunch to boot! I'm not going back in that drawer though, coz I feel ILL! :thumbup:

*Welcome KC! I don't think I said it earlier. Sorry about that. I love it here. Think you will too!

*Fanny, prayers that all works out with the house!

*Tap, all you had to say was it was slow and look what happened? LOL!

*There must be a band conspiracy going on b/c I PB'd Breakfast this AM. Ticked me off! OF course it was my fault b/c I didn't realize how hungry I was and how fast I went with the first bites until it was too late. HATE when that happens!

*Ebony and Beth, prayers are continuing on the job front for you both.

*Beth, hop you feel better soon.

*G4e, so glad the chiro stuff seem to be helping! Hoorray!!

*Spanking - was used on me, and actually by today's standards, parents would've been hauled in for abuse. We're talking wooden spoons, belts and a paddle that I do believe was, at some point, a small cheese cutting board - you know the small wood cutting board with the curved "handle." Oh and dad broke that on me once. So yeah, we were spanked. Tho no one else could touch us. They'd just call my folks and they'd take care of it! And DD has gotten spanked!

*Lu, neighbor would've gotten a bill and I would've said something about it the instant it happened!

PJTP: Had a great but exhausting day yesterday. We went to the park and did a really long hike! Nearly 4 miles. Well, it probably was 4 miles or so. Took DD's stroller on the trail. Tough but it worked. Some of it was pretty steep and/or rocky but DH managed great. No way would I have been able to do it! At one point, near the top, the rockiest, steepest part, DD actually fell asleep! She did get out and walk a lot of the way back down (after her nap) and she had walked a little of the way up. She did great.

I was really happy with myself. I did great! The last time we did this hike was about 10 yrs ago and it about killed me! This time, I was sore but no asthma (I have Exercise Induced Asthma and we were higher elevation) and the only time I stopped was when DH needed to take a beak and get some water! AND I didn't go to bed hurting OR wake up and couldn't move! Only problem was my left heal froze up on me this AM. But that's all due to the spur/Achilles thing, so it's okay. It's worked itself out now and is fine, just a little sore, which is normal. So, anyway, Great Day!!

Now I need to go to bed! Have a beautiful night and a fantastic tomorrow! TTFN!

Hi everyone! It is coffee time. I hope everyone has a great day! I also hope that those of you having band problems are feeling better today.