Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP...Hi Everyone!:rolleyes:

Checking in as usual...first thing in the morning, sun is shining, and all is well with Ebony's world!

Kat - definately block the crazy - but the rest of the PJTP family has already chimed in on that one. If she continues to try and contact you, send a complaint to her email provider - that would probably get her shut down. I would refer the family member to professionals who can answer their questions about banding - it is a very individual procedure, no two procedures are alike, so telling her about your experience might not help her as much as she thinks. It also gets you off the hook. The weird neighbor - definately ignore that one - don't even respond to his posts, and if anyone asks, just tell them you prefer not to be friends with him.

Lulu - I would definately CHECK the brat - and her mother! I agree with Beth's assessment, and the next time the brat is near your truck, remind her mother of the expenses to date and let her know she'll have a date in small claims court for the next one. You might also put this in writing, send her a copy, and yourself a copy so they are postmarked. I hate parents who will NOT discipline their kids! I was from the "don't interrupt adults" school.

Slim - I agree with you completely regarding the brat. "Community" parenting was the way I grew up...if you misbehaved away from the house, the neighbors had the right to check your stupid behind and / or whoop your tail, then you got sent home for another one, because you forgot the rules when you were out of the house!

KC - Welcome to the crazy house! :sad: Sounds like you'll fit right in beautifully!

Fanny - good luck with the house sale - I pray the next buyer is the one with the will, the dollars and the timeline that you need for a sale!

Beth - Nekkid bonfire dancing - I'm there!:mad: How's the job hunt going? I haven't heard anything from my first choice, still in the running for one other, and put in three letters of interest for other jobs yesterday. I'm not waiting around - I can't!

Have a wonderful day, all! :mad2:

Isn't changing her codes going to be an issue with the dogs?

IF and in my case that would be one helluva big IF!!! You want to mend fences with her, while still making a point---buy her a cheap set of pink sunglasses, tell her all drama queens need sunglasses to hide behind!!!

Good Luck~~ my DH would be livid over the windows too!!!

i don't think her changing the gate code will be such an issue. i had gone to bed really early last night & dh woke me up to let me know my big guy lab was still out. i got in the truck, rang the front gate - it buzzed open, saw the front door open up and my dog came out.

i was a bit snippy leaving & coming home (from being woken up), and when we got back DH asked whats the deal - i told him i called the girl DQ.....he laughed.

kat , i had be very nice to this kid - her bday was last month & i had a balloons sent...she is just a piece of work, and if her mom wants to be pissy and ignore me - that will be just fine. personally i like her dogs better than her. thanks!

**fanny - hope this second potential buyer is the one**

i knew you'ld like it here KC!!!

Edited by luluc

Thanks for the welcome - Warning - I bite back! :mad2:

That is a good thing here!

see once you get me started.......

As a learning opportunity for us all let's review:

If you are stupid enough to drink and drive, wreck your car and wind up in a hospital - please realize that it is not ok to:

1) Steal an ambulance when you get discharged

2) Wreck the ambulance

3) Cry like a little baby when you wind up back in the hospital b/c the big bad police dog bites you up and down as you tried to escape.

I'm just saying!

OMG, that is hysterical!

*gets her freak on*:rolleyes:

At least the nekkid bonfire part was fun... coz the offer wasn't so much :sad:. He was a genuine buyer but couldn't come up any higher than $20K below my lowest price and I just can't go down lower - it would mean I couldn't buy and do the work I want to do at the next house, defeating the entire purpose of selling... The good news, however, is that there is another potential buyer who looked at the house twice on the weekend and is coming back tomorrow for another go... and apparently have already driven past and taken photos today. Sounds like they're keen, so fingers still crossed that they can find the asking price money...

Fanny, I hope you have better luck with the next buyer. Selling a house can be such a pain. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I can't believe we haven't heard from Plain with all this nekkid bonfire dancing going on!

Morning Everyone! Life is good here. We are settled in the new place, hubby and I are doing fabulous, kids are good, dogs are good and work is getting into my busy time.

Slim - I agree with you completely regarding the brat. "Community" parenting was the way I grew up...if you misbehaved away from the house, the neighbors had the right to check your stupid behind and / or whoop your tail, then you got sent home for another one, because you forgot the rules when you were out of the house!

totally agree - all my mom had to do was turn , well "snap" her head around and give us the look to "STOP" whatever we were doing in public that she did not approve of.

we also grew up in a close neighborhood & if someone saw us do something wrong - my mom knew about it before we got home.

i just don't get turning a blind eye here. my limited exposure to kids are my friends & brothers - and they all MIND....

thanks for the input all - i was pissed last night and almost told DH about the windows ... but he would have had a fit more than likely on me cause i let him try to fix it in the heat. i think beth's idea is how i'll handle, well that is if she ever comes out of the house....LOL

**susan** how are you doing w/the sleeve?

Edited by luluc

**mac/cheese - my mom hates blue cheese, so when i make it for her i either use gruyere (swiss type) or smoked gouda.** - forgot i add an egg to the mix. i'm bad w/recps as i cook on the fly.

ok have a pjtp - neighbor. ** disclosure - i have no kids**

we are not overly close but talk several times a wk - she has older boys, and a 6yr old girl. one of my labs goes to visit her dogs via the pond that connects our 2 properties. we are 67 acres apart - so not kissing cousins.

my gripe - her daughter. VERY rude.

the minute her mom and i talk - she starts crying or pulling on 'mom', interrupts the conversation or starts climbing on my truck and jumping up/down on it.

mom says nothing. 2 wks ago she got in front of her mom who was talking to me through my truck window and she grabbed onto the window and was just hanging.

i told her to get down when i heard "crush". sure enough the window broke inside the panel - $400 to fix. said nothing.

come out of their home last wk - same brat is hanging on the back window - window breaks again inside the pannel - another $400.

yesterday - i went to go fetch my lab, they were all in the pool, when said brat starting screaming - i told her to hush DQ. she asked what i meant by DQ i said DRAMA QUEEN. your mother and i are talking.

mom wasn't happy w/me at all - but damn....check your kid or shall i say write me a check.

so for the parents out there - and i know this mom knows what this kid did each time to the windows as it's hard not to heard glass break - this mom does NOTHING, to correct this girl. how else do i handle??? as we WILL interface all the time as our dogs go back/forth & i have no intention of moving anytime soon....??

I'm speechless! What an f'ing brat.

I'd send the mom a bill for the $800, and maybe "discount" the first $400 as an accident.

Wow...still...no way. Unbelievable.

I hate bad parents. Sometimes I feel bad that I never let DD be really free and wild like some of her friends are, but I could never stand bratty kids. The world DOES NOT revolve around a child, otherwise kids will grow up thinking that.

BTW - I think I like it here and will post more often.

:mad2: It's the best!

PJTP: I have a potential buyer viewing my house for the second time this afternoon... wish me luck, peoples, coz I am SO over having my house on the market!

I was going to say woohoo!...then I read below. So sorry! I am also SO over my house being on the market. I hate having to be clean and neat all the damn time because someone may come in and peruse my home. :mad: Hate it!

*gets her freak on*:rolleyes:

At least the nekkid bonfire part was fun... coz the offer wasn't so much :sad:. He was a genuine buyer but couldn't come up any higher than $20K below my lowest price and I just can't go down lower - it would mean I couldn't buy and do the work I want to do at the next house, defeating the entire purpose of selling... The good news, however, is that there is another potential buyer who looked at the house twice on the weekend and is coming back tomorrow for another go... and apparently have already driven past and taken photos today. Sounds like they're keen, so fingers still crossed that they can find the asking price money...

Fingers crossed for ya! And, yes...nekkid bonfires can cure any slump.

PJTP - I had jury duty downtown yesterday...got all the way to jury selection and was ousted at the last minute. It was a domestic abuse case, and I really wanted it. I can be impartial, I'm not all about hating the man. DH's ex-wife lied about him hitting her. One time he was returning meds to her after they split. She told him to meet her at her parents house and when he showed up, the police were there waiting for him. She'd told him that he'd threatened her and was on his way to hurt her. He was in cuffs while they went over his story - and he had the meds there to prove it, and they ended up believing him. But, if they didn't believe him, he'd have been in that defendant seat.

On the other hand, if he DID do it, fry him.

So, it's back to normal today. Whatever "normal" means!

PJTP..."Jillian", my band is being very finicky this morning...

I guess it really started yesterday. Had yogurt for Breakfast, cause I'm always tight in the morning. No problem. Had a Protein Shake mid-morning, because I'm trying to increase my Protein intake and hold on to some muscle. No problem there...

lunch was chicken noodle Soup and half of a ham & cheese sandwich. Normally I have no problem with this combo, but yesterday, I started sliming and pb'ing and only ate about half the sandwich and half the soup. The sliming continued, and at one point I was actually heaving. YUK!

Stayed on liquids the rest of the day, with occasional uncomfortable periods, but no real big problems. Was a bad girl and had a Tagalong blizzard for dinner from Dairy Queen.

That all stayed down, but now I'm trying to eat a peach yogurt with some nectarines sliced into it, and it's going down VERY slowly...hope this eases up soon...:rolleyes:

Welcome KC. You are a hoot! :sad:

Fanny... prayers for you to sell your house!:mad2:

Good morning class! I still have internet and phone! WOOHOO

I am 10 lbs. away from my next goal and a weight I had been at for yrs. From high school till about 20 yrs ago. :rolleyes:

I don't remember if I told you all or not, but the chiropractor thinks that my ruptured disk might be able to heal itself. He thinks it was caught early enough and as long as I am a good girl and do what he says then I should be fine in a few months. So far I am doing good. The hardest thing is not bending my neck down all the time when I do dishes at work or like now typing. I ice down every hr. for 15 min that I am at home and awake. I do my neck excersises. I see him again on Fri. I don't use as many pain pills now. So that is a good thing!

Everyone have a blessed day.

Welcome KC. You are a hoot! :sad:

Fanny... prayers for you to sell your house!:mad2:

Good morning class! I still have internet and phone! WOOHOO

Yay! That means we get to talk to you!

I am 10 lbs. away from my next goal and a weight I had been at for yrs. From high school till about 20 yrs ago. :rolleyes:

Kudos to you! With all the stress you've been under, I'm happy that you are still losing at a good pace. Keep up the good work!

I don't remember if I told you all or not, but the chiropractor thinks that my ruptured disk might be able to heal itself. He thinks it was caught early enough and as long as I am a good girl and do what he says then I should be fine in a few months. So far I am doing good. The hardest thing is not bending my neck down all the time when I do dishes at work or like now typing. I ice down every hr. for 15 min that I am at home and awake. I do my neck excersises. I see him again on Fri. I don't use as many pain pills now. So that is a good thing!

Everyone have a blessed day.

Glad to hear that the chiropractor's advice is working for you! I visited a chiro a few years ago when I was diagnosed with a 'dropped shoulder' from carrying purse on my left side all the time. I was a bit skeptical at first, but his techniques really worked well for me. Here's hoping you get permanent relief!:mad:

Glad to hear that the chiropractor's advice is working for you! I visited a chiro a few years ago when I was diagnosed with a 'dropped shoulder' from carrying purse on my left side all the time. I was a bit skeptical at first, but his techniques really worked well for me. Here's hoping you get permanent relief!:sad:

Ya know...between my heavy purse and bra straps, my shoulders look like the back of a horse!

:rolleyes:

Ya know...between my heavy purse and bra straps, my shoulders look like the back of a horse!

:rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOL

bout' spit my coffee out at that one.

i had a bad experience w/a chiro (an no not because i didn't get a happy ending SNT>.....) but i know many that get great relief. glad you are G4E!!!!

:sad:

I hear ya, Glouc! On the bra strap issue - when I stopped fighting what I knew to be true and got fitted properly, a lot of the shoulder pain and the grooves went away. I was wearing the wrong size...as I've heard many women are!

The bra should support you with the straps DOWN - they are just supposed to be 'helpers', not hold up the entire load, so to speak...I ended up having to buy mine from a shop online that ships from Great Britain. They were expensive, but they worked very well. Now that I'm down a few pounds, I can buy them locally, but when I get down to my final size and after I have my lift / plumping done, I'm going back to buying the pretty, lacy ones with the great support system so the 'girls' can be lifted AND beautiful!:rolleyes:

Holy Crap! Yesterday morning Lu and I were lamenting/commentingo n the lack of LBT activity - I check in today, and you've gone wild! Love it love it!

KC - Great to have you join our PJTP family/cult!

Lu - You have WAY more tolerance for a neighbor and their offspring than I! Child would not have come near the truck on the second visit, and mother of said hellion would be asked to discuss restitution.

Fanny - Good luck on this potential buyer.

Chiro's - nope, no one is getting near my neck.

Ebony/Glou - I hear ya!! The best reward I gave myself on this weight-loss journey was a bra fitting and buying the right sized (and expensive!) bras. They fitted SO differently, I couldn't believe the difference. Of course, now they don't fit, and although alterations have been done, they are soon to be discarded. Regular store bra shopping - YAHOO

G4E - That's great to hear. Do what you are told to the 'T'.

Ebony - Hope Jillian relaxes for you. I too am struggling today - couldn't get my first cup of coffee down, and I'm a 'pot of coffee' before I get out the door person! I'm now suffering caffeine withdrawal I think - I'm at lest 6 cups behind my norm.

My parents were of the 'it takes a village to raise a child' school, which they interpreted as every adult can discipline as they see fit if the child is on their property. And since all parents thought the same way - kids and parents alike were 'in tune'. Poor behavior was NOT tolerated, and the repercussions were swift! My nephews and niece, and honorary nephews and nieces ALL know that I do NOT tolerate bad behavior, I am a stickler for manners in speech and action, and that I will act if I need to.

Jury duty - would love to do it; have never been called.

susan - Glad to see you posting, and it's great to hear all is well.

Plain - missing all the nekkid action - how unlike you!

OK - Gotta try and get another cup of coffee down....

:rolleyes:There is another thread which is really cracking me up. it shouldn't. I had even posted on it. It was meant to be a serious thread, but some of the things some of these people say are just so funny. They keep repeating themselves in different ways and it still comes across as condescending, trifling, I am better than you attitude. Glou and Beth might know which one I am talking about. But to me it is funny. For the record Beth and Glou, I think she was deffinatly attacking you Glou.

Lu... If your neighbor wants to act like your in the wrong, I would go ahead and give her the 2 repair bills and tell her you want paid for the damage her brat...er DD done.:rolleyes: I think the neighbor is acting petty. Changing the codes on the lock. She is in for a rude awakening when her daughter gets older if she doesn't take control now. Good luck with her.

I hear ya, Glouc! On the bra strap issue - when I stopped fighting what I knew to be true and got fitted properly, a lot of the shoulder pain and the grooves went away. I was wearing the wrong size...as I've heard many women are!

The bra should support you with the straps DOWN - they are just supposed to be 'helpers', not hold up the entire load, so to speak...I ended up having to buy mine from a shop online that ships from Great Britain. They were expensive, but they worked very well. Now that I'm down a few pounds, I can buy them locally, but when I get down to my final size and after I have my lift / plumping done, I'm going back to buying the pretty, lacy ones with the great support system so the 'girls' can be lifted AND beautiful!:rolleyes:

Yes! I used to HAVE to color code my under garments (still do undies, tmi, I know!) But, since I got a proper fitting bra about 6 months ago, I wear only the nuetral BOULDER HOLDERS! :sad: They're not the pretty lacey things I like, but oh, well - they feel sooo much better.

Now I have to work on that purse strap, since I do carry my kitchen sink in there....

My parents were of the 'it takes a village to raise a child' school, which they interpreted as every adult can discipline as they see fit if the child is on their property. And since all parents thought the same way - kids and parents alike were 'in tune'. Poor behavior was NOT tolerated, and the repercussions were swift! My nephews and niece, and honorary nephews and nieces ALL know that I do NOT tolerate bad behavior, I am a stickler for manners in speech and action, and that I will act if I need to.

Me, too! I love the "it takes a village" concept. I wish more parents would subscribe to that.

My friend would correct my DD and then turn to me and say "sorry". I always said, "I'm not the only influence in her life. I could be wrong - please correct her, and me!"

:mad2:There is another thread which is really cracking me up. it shouldn't. I had even posted on it. It was meant to be a serious thread, but some of the things some of these people say are just so funny. They keep repeating themselves in different ways and it still comes across as condescending, trifling, I am better than you attitude. Glou and Beth might know which one I am talking about. But to me it is funny. For the record Beth and Glou, I think she was deffinatly attacking you Glou.

:mad: Thanks! I do hate that crap. "I wasn't attacking anyone..." Bullsh!t.