Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2018 Sleevers in Here?!

58 minutes ago, Spatulachick said:

I am excited - I ordered a new Water bottle - it’s called a Cirkul bottle and it comes with these cartridges of flavoring. The Water doesn’t do anything unless it goes through the cartridge. I just tried the fruit punch (zero calorie or sugar or anything) and it’s amazing. It’s delicious. It also helps that it’s a sport bottle top so I can sip easier and not take big gulps. Definitely my new favorite tool for this surgery.

My wife ordered on of those, I tried it before my surgery and really liked it. Have you had any issues with it after surgery? They told me to avoid straws, and I didn't know if the sports bottle top was close enough to a straw to cause issues, so I've been avoiding it.

3 hours ago, Spatulachick said:

Gypsyvangirl, I take Tramadol for back problems and it really doesn’t do much. I’m hoping the more weight I lose, the better my back will feel.

I’m 10 days out and just had a long outing to the movies and to pick up a few groceries and I’m exhausted. (I was already exhausted after my shower). I am excited - I ordered a new Water bottle - it’s called a Cirkul bottle and it comes with these cartridges of flavoring. The Water doesn’t do anything unless it goes through the cartridge. I just tried the fruit punch (zero calorie or sugar or anything) and it’s amazing. It’s delicious. It also helps that it’s a sport bottle top so I can sip easier and not take big gulps. Definitely my new favorite tool for this surgery.

Hi Spatulachick, I checked out the Cirkul bottle after seeing your post. I couldn’t find clear info though, do the cartridges last for 4 bottles worth? If so, do you have drink one flavor all the way thru 4 bottles or can you switch back and forth between flavors and reuse older ones til they run out? Thanks :)

I’m using the same flavor for 4 bottles. I can switch it out if I want and just go back and forth but I have an issue with leaving things half done 😂.

Also, I still sip from it. I just try to get a little out at a time and it doesn’t seem to be an issue.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, wittymommy said:

June 28th for me...Starting 1 week liquid diet tomorrow.

Same Date! Been on my liquid diet since Friday too.

Hello surgery buddy :)

@lala70,@wittymommy

28th for me to! Hello surgery buddies 😁

i don’t have a liquid pre diet from my dr, but have been slowly doing it on my own anyways

I know of 4 people for the 28 right now that i can think of

I had my surgery June 20th. I feel absolutely amazing. The only thing I suffered terribly from was back spasm for the first 2 days. The doctor thinks it was from being on the stiff operating table. Hopefully, they didn't drop me. LOL. I'm down about 11 lbs so far. I'm honestly sick of Jello though. I love my broth and Water and ice pops though.

Hey fellow sleevers. So I had my surgery June 6th and had my staples taken out June 20th. My largest incision has re opened and I’m wondering if this is something I need to go back in for. I have tried steri stripping it back together and because of where it is it won’t stay on at all. Have any of you guys had your wounds re open?? I’ll attach a photo. I’m mostly worried about infection more than anything.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

YOUCH! Yes I think you had ask somebody else about this, that isn't a small stream--- that's the Grand Canyon!

Hey fellow sleevers. So I had my surgery June 6th and had my staples taken out June 20th. My largest incision has re opened and I’m wondering if this is something I need to go back in for. I have tried steri stripping it back together and because of where it is it won’t stay on at all. Have any of you guys had your wounds re open?? I’ll attach a photo. I’m mostly worried about infection more than anything. image-0.00298023223876953.thumb.jpg.f57bfb2b09826efb5d31fb09efa06b27.jpg
You absolutely need to go back for that. The incision is not gonna heal by itself with the yellow stuff.

As long as there is no green, there is no infection. But you still need specific care.

I was sleeved on June 5. I am attaching my worst incision that also reopen. It's less than an inch long. The clinic wants to see me every two days and they said it should take another 2-3 weeks before it heals. Just to give you an idea.
20180623_213043.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, charlotte0606 said:

You absolutely need to go back for that. The incision is not gonna heal by itself with the yellow stuff.

As long as there is no green, there is no infection. But you still need specific care.

I was sleeved on June 5. I am attaching my worst incision that also reopen. It's less than an inch long. The clinic wants to see me every two days and they said it should take another 2-3 weeks before it heals. Just to give you an idea.
20180623_213043.jpeg

Thank you so much! I am going to get in contact with them for sure. It started lightly bleeding and that’s when I started to kind of freak out.

Thank you so much! I am going to get in contact with them for sure. It started lightly bleeding and that’s when I started to kind of freak out.
I hear you, I also freaked out when my shirt had bloody spots. Let me know how it goes. Hopefully you're gonna heal soon :)

And please let me know how it all plays out, the Grandma in me is going to worry!

I am so ready for this.. leaving for the hospital now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app