Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to vent -- post op sleeve

The surgeon won't care if you're pissed off over nothing. If you're that easy to offend and upset....they'd rather be out from under you and will actively hope that you leave and never come back. Doctors have enough headaches without thin skinned patients, and they don't suffer fools gladly.

Just the truth.

This is incorrect. Doctors are businesspeople, and businesses do not shed customers easily. A client saying "one of your doctors talking to another and referring to me having "just" had the sleeve done and that's why I didn't lose as much weight really bothered me, and I wanted you to know" is valuable feedback. Bad word-of-mouth is a significant factor in public reputation, and comes with a similarly significant price tag.

A client saying "I'm going to sue you because a doctor said that" or "fire that doctor" or "I want you to compel that doctor to apologize to me" is over the top, but that's not what we're talking about here. Simple feedback about an event that was distressing is reasonable - it's not "nothing", not by a long shot.

Edited by sideeye

And no businessman or doctor wants to have a bad reputation. If you say to a friend don't go to Dr so-so or don't take your business to blanks Shoppe they lost. that business, a few times like that and the word gets around it will hurt them where it matters, in their pocketbook. It mattered to you that's the bottom line in my book.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your loss!!!

That's an awkward situation but you can't let things like that bother you. Water off of a duck's back. They can't take anything away from the progress you made!

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Two sides to this. One piece is that the assistant is correctly telling the baby doctor that the procedure you had done is not the more complicated procedure, and that's why your weight loss is not the same as what would be expected after a full bypass. That's just accurately informing the baby doctor as to the medical variables in this case.
THAT SAID, while the assistant is teaching the baby doctor in an acceptable way when it comes to outlining the medical particulars of the situation, he is failing miserably at modeling bedside manner. He's talking like he's in a lecture room discussing a case, rather than standing in front of a patient who can bloody well hear him. And that's pretty poor form, and not doing the baby doctor any favors.
Go ahead and tell your surgeon about this. The surgeon does not want pissed-off patients in his practice because his assistant is treating them like a powerpoint slide rather than a human. The assistant needs to hear that feedback and adjust the way he's teaching his charges when interacting with patients.

I’m cracking up at your repeated use of “baby doctor”

Zoftig girl---- you using the term" baby doctor" reminded me of another of my stories. I was laboring with baby# 2 in a teaching hospital, coincidently the same one I'll be having my Bariatric surgery at. Resident leading a bunch of interns around. Stood right by my bed and pronounced " this gravid uterus of 6cm dilitation" at this,point I interrupted him and said " this uterus is surrounded by a living breathing human being who is perfectly capable of hearing you. Hi my name is....."

He turned red and then apologized, and I was not a little sorry that I embarassed him.Appears the interns weren't the,only ones who had something to learn that day.[emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app