Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start my 2 we diabetic liquid pre op diet on the 20th. I'm going tomorrow to get all my juices, broth, Chrystal light, and another big container of Protein Powder so I have 2 different flavors. My sleeve went from 7:30 to 7 am on the 3rd. I go on the 20th for a pre op class, registration, and my upper GI. I'll be so busy on the 20th I'll forget no food. Which will be OK until dinner. But I'm super stoked.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery that has been planned for 2 months now has now been put off a week because my surgeon decided to take a day off..so its now April 25th!!!!

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

That's about how mine is. Except in my 2 week pre op, I can have cottage cheese lowfat and low carbs Greek yogurt. But only up to 3 times a day and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. I have to have Clear Liquids throughout the day. The day before I can only have clear liquids and take citrate of magnesia around 4 pm. But the rest is exactly the same.

wow 7 wks is a long time to get to solid food.im so amazed how it all varies so much from surgeon to surgeon.you will do great & do whatever u need to do to get thru it.

I dont even have a pre op diet. I only do clears the first day post op then I am on full liquids for a month while my stomach heals.

I will probably have surgery on April 23rd. I am so nervous. My doctor said I don’t need a liquid diet pre surgery. Apparently that’s only necessary for BMI over 45. Post surgery it will be 4 weeks until solid food.

I will probably have surgery on April 23rd. I am so nervous. My doctor said I don’t need a liquid diet pre surgery. Apparently that’s only necessary for BMI over 45. Post surgery it will be 4 weeks until solid food.

I think the pre liquid varies with drs not bmi. Mine is 41 and I have a 2 week liquid diet. When I took my pre op class, everyone in there has to do a pre op diet of 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Minerva1113 said:

That's weird, my BMI is 43. This is my doctor's preference not BMI related as they make every one of their patient's do it.

Edited by mitchjoann132010

I’m right at the cusp with a BMI of 35.5 with multiple comorbidities. I’m on day 2 of my 2 week preop. Today, I had a slight setback since it’s Easter. I did opt for an egg white scrambled at brunch, instead. It’s not on the menu, but I chewed it as best as I could to almost a shake consistency. Treated myself to one of my chocolate shakes while everyone else was cramming down chocolates. I’m back on track, though.

I have been approved for surgery 4/9, I am so nervous I will not be able to handle the change. I am also petrified of losing my hair. I am looking forward to losing 100lbs. God, that is a lot. I am afraid of the aftermath.

Any tips to helping one coupe with the changes for the next 4 weeks?

I have been approved for surgery 4/9, I am so nervous I will not be able to handle the change. I am also petrified of losing my hair. I am looking forward to losing 100lbs. God, that is a lot. I am afraid of the aftermath.

My surgery is Tuesday and for the past few weeks I've been an emotional roller coaster. I have had every fear come and go. I've grieved food. I've dwelled on what the future will be like. And now, the simplest things make me want to cry. I don't want to fail and I know that the best things don't come easy. A nurse from my Dr office that had it said she didn't even notice the Hair loss much. It wasn't bald spots, just thinner. She says eat your proper amount of Protein and take your Vitamins. She also said its short term. I think that is less important than how unhealthy obesity is. I have to remember to take one day at a time.

Congratulations!

I just got my date today after 2 months of insurance stupidity. I'm the first surgery of the day on Monday, April 2nd! So friggin' stoked. :-)

Tomorrow is your day!! Good luck!

You may want to take Biotin starting from now. Or even prenatal Vitamins. Ask your doctor. I know someone who has very thin hair and she did thin a little but not to the point where it was very noticeable but she is taking biotin now and she say it’s helping