Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bypass Surgery People- Check In!

Hello,
My surgery was Dec. 13 and I’m down 57 pounds. It’s been really rough for me. I had a leak and almost died and I’m still recovering. I’m improving little by little, very slowly.
My weight loss has been good, and I’m really happy with it. I’ve just hit my first stall, but I know to just keep working on it and it will eventually pass.

Did you have rny? How did you find out you had a leak? I'm so scared of that!

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm a little over 3 months post op. HW = 260 SW = 244 CW = 196. I feel great, no issues except Constipation. I was suppose to have 3 month check up tomorrow, but cancelled due to a funeral. Next check up May 8th. So, I won't know my labs till then. My hair is falling out big time! Hope that stops soon! Has anyone had their labs done? How were they?

Had my checkup at my my surgeons office. He was not really impressed with my weight loss so far. I guess I’m not losing as quickly as expected? I have not been able to lose quickly ever since my thyroid went bad five years ago so not sure anything I can do.

I will focus on exercising and increasing my activity the next three months now that I’m more mobile and able to move about easier. The diet part is fairly easy at this point.

Sigh. If he thinks I’m going to be able to lose 180 pounds in one year he’s really going to be disappointed and that’s a very unreasonable goal.

I'm a little over 3 months post op. HW = 260 SW = 244 CW = 196. I feel great, no issues except Constipation. I was suppose to have 3 month check up tomorrow, but cancelled due to a funeral. Next check up May 8th. So, I won't know my labs till then. My hair is falling out big time! Hope that stops soon! Has anyone had their labs done? How were they?

I’m actually in the waiting room for my 3 month appt (a week longer than 3 mos). Not sure if labs are done today?

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 183
5’6”

My date of surgery was 12/18/17. I’ve released officially 32 lbs from surgery date. Was at my 3 month post op appt a week ago. They said I was right on tract with my weight loss. I have a long ways to go, like 100 lbs.
if you noticed I said release. I was at a seminar that encouraged being mindful in how you speak. Such as saying lost, means you’re looking for it. Trust me, I’m not looking for those 32 lbs again! [emoji13]. Hope this helps someone in their journey.
I need to kick up my activity. Found out yesterday that I have bones spurs in my right hip joint. Going to try injections before going for surgery. Hope they work.

It seems like my weight loss is starting to slow down a bit. I hope it doesn't stay like this long. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal. I started of fast so maybe that's why i'm slowing down. I struggle with patience and I know i need to get it in check before I drive myself crazy. lol. One day at a time is what I tell myself.

6'4
Highest weight ever- 492

First Appt- 475
Surgery weight- 444
Current weight- 359
Goal weight- 250ish

10 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Had my checkup at my my surgeons office. He was not really impressed with my weight loss so far. I guess I’m not losing as quickly as expected? I have not been able to lose quickly ever since my thyroid went bad five years ago so not sure anything I can do.

I will focus on exercising and increasing my activity the next three months now that I’m more mobile and able to move about easier. The diet part is fairly easy at this point.

Sigh. If he thinks I’m going to be able to lose 180 pounds in one year he’s really going to be disappointed and that’s a very unreasonable goal.

Hang in there Kim. You are already dealing with enough adjusting to the surgery and listening to your body. It's not easy. Listen to what the doctor says, but do what you have to do to stay sane and focused. This is YOUR journey. You make what you want out of it. You are doing fine. Just stay positive and take it one day at a time. We are always here if you need to vent. We all in this together! Go git'm!

Congrats to each of you for your amazing success. No matter how you slice it, you're doing great!!! My doc told me that anything between 2-4lbs is entirely average. :)

Also, I believe from reading, that there is a so called "3 month stall?" Maybe you guys are seeing this with your "slow down?"

But if you think about it, 3lbs/week x 52 weeks is 156lbs. :)

Keep on keeping on. And can I just say that Hair loss sucks big green ones? I can now see my scalp and am considering the dreaded "Toppik" hair fibers. :angry:

On 3/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, williamsk39 said:

Did you have rny? How did you find out you had a leak? I'm so scared of that!

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

I did have RNY. I became really sick and couldn’t eat or drink and I had horrible pain on my left side. Also, I couldn’t take a deep breath. They did a cat scan and found the leak. After surgery I was in the hospital 29 days. It’s been a long process getting better.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, insul817 said:

13 weeks post op here. I feel really good. Down 47-lbs since surgery, 63 total. My hair is falling out by the boat load! My 3 month check up is the end of this month. Curious to see what my lab results will be. Hope your all doing great and feeling great!

My hair is falling out, also. I’ve been stalled for 5 1/2 weeks now.

How are you feeling now Roadrunner

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

8 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

How are you feeling now Roadrunner

GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

Wow! Nice work!!!

Thanks!! How are you doing?

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

7 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

Thanks!! How are you doing?

GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

Great my friend. I have my 3-month post OP appointment next Friday and I can't wait. My highest ever was 490ish. I started the program October at 475. Surgery day 12/18, I was 444. Now I'm 352. I'm still learning the new me everyday!!!! My before and after pics are INSANE!!! I'm super happy I had the surgery. I haven't had any complications at all!!! I'm glad you are doing well. Keep me posted.

Yay, go you! Impressive!
Yea no complications here either- lucky.
I put side by side pics of my face together a few weeks ago- crazy differences

Go us :)
Keep it up and keep posting

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”