Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

summer ‘18 surgery??? people under 30?

hi! i’m new to this. i just had my consultation appointment yesterday and am beginning the process of insurance approval and dates etc. i’m hoping i can be scheduled for surgery late june/early july. i’m about to be 22 so definitely interested in finding other young people to talk to about surgery and the whole process (pre and post op)

CW: 345

HW: 358

GW: 200

(yikes this is my first time posting stats anywhere. wild)

also more about me- been obese my entire life (literally from age 5), have **** genetics on both sides of my family, have mild binge eating disorder (which is under control), PCOS, general anxiety/depression

and fun stuff- i’ll be getting a degree in interior architecture and design in may, i’m about to start grad school right after that, i live in the boston area, i love art in all forms, live music, my friends, my dogs and my weed

7 hours ago, saygrace said:

hi! i’m new to this. i just had my consultation appointment yesterday and am beginning the process of insurance approval and dates etc. i’m hoping i can be scheduled for surgery late june/early july. i’m about to be 22 so definitely interested in finding other young people to talk to about surgery and the whole process (pre and post op)

CW: 345

HW: 358

GW: 200

(yikes this is my first time posting stats anywhere. wild)

also more about me- been obese my entire life (literally from age 5), have **** genetics on both sides of my family, have mild binge eating disorder (which is under control), PCOS, general anxiety/depression

and fun stuff- i’ll be getting a degree in interior architecture and design in may, i’m about to start grad school right after that, i live in the boston area, i love art in all forms, live music, my friends, my dogs and my weed

Hi saygrace my name is Audrey I’m 27 years old. I’m actually finished with all my appointments just waiting on my insurance approval now. It’s a scary long process but it’s so worth it. I actually got to work on the weight loss floor at my job and it’s amazing how some people are up walking straight after surgery. Maybe we can be buddies share each other’s journey

Hi saygrace my name is Audrey I’m 27 years old. I’m actually finished with all my appointments just waiting on my insurance approval now. It’s a scary long process but it’s so worth it. I actually got to work on the weight loss floor at my job and it’s amazing how some people are up walking straight after surgery. Maybe we can be buddies share each other’s journey

for sure!! when are you thinking you’ll get surgery?

for sure!! when are you thinking you’ll get surgery?

I’m hoping for sometime in April. It’s really just about how fast my insurance approve me

I’m hoping for sometime in April. It’s really just about how fast my insurance approve me

how exciting!!!

I just started the process myself with my older sister and we’re eager and excited to get it done. However, the surgeon we have is saying that we have to do 6 months worth of documentation before submitting to insurance [emoji53] is it the same everywhere? I’m glad you’re so close to getting yours!

Mila

I just started the process myself with my older sister and we’re eager and excited to get it done. However, the surgeon we have is saying that we have to do 6 months worth of documentation before submitting to insurance [emoji53] is it the same everywhere? I’m glad you’re so close to getting yours!

Mila

I guess it’s not? But I’m also unsure because I do see my primary care every 5 weeks for weight/medication management so maybe I already have that part of the process covered? Ive heard it’s mixed, some people have to go through that whole process and others don’t. congrats to you and your sister btw!!

I guess it’s not? But I’m also unsure because I do see my primary care every 5 weeks for weight/medication management so maybe I already have that part of the process covered? Ive heard it’s mixed, some people have to go through that whole process and others don’t. congrats to you and your sister btw!!

[emoji120] thanks and you as well, keep me posted on how it goes! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s transformation stories! [emoji5]

Mila

I’m hoping for an August or September surgery date I’ll be done with all of my preops in June and hopefully see the surgeon in July. I’m 27 and so ready to lose this weight. I don’t want to yoyo diet anymore. ‍♀️

Same here with the yo-yo diets. Such a struggle, this will definitely help keep me in line. I’ve lost before about 30 lbs gained it all back and some my HW is 280 my CW 277 ( I’ve lost 3 lbs since consultation when they told me to eliminate sodas and sugary drinks) increased Protein and added an additional 10 mins of walking.
Who’s your doctor? Btw, I’m 36 and been struggling with for a very long time.

Mila

I'm 26 I'll be 27 when I have surgery I'm in Maryland I'm trying to eliminate the bad stuff I'm hoping for a September date as well so let's keep up with each other I'm always willing to chat

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m hoping for a date the end of April so I can at least enjoy spring break with my children. I’m 27 years old and I’ve been up and down with my weight my whole life and I’m over it. I just want to have a healthy life for not only myself but my children also. So now I’m just playing the waiting game with my insurance company