Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want a Sleeve Buddy?

4 minutes ago, johnsons13 said:

I'm looking forward to my surgery but I'm scared of failing after I'm able to eat.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Honestly, you wont be able to eat at the capacity you are doing now. They will remove approximately 85% of your stomach, and you have to change how you eat as well. Sugar and carbs will become your enemy, and Protein and Water will be your best friend! Its not easy and will change your whole outlook about food, but in the end its very rewarding. I never thought i could do it myself, actually felt the same way you did before the procedure. But today, i would do it all over again! I feel so much younger and ready to conquer all my demons (especially the bad foods) they call this a journey for a reason. Make sure you ready to change your life for the better mentally and physically!! Best wishes to you hun🤗

Any sleeve buddies in Northern Va? Had my surgery on February 22.

19 minutes ago, frust8 said:

You may have to change your name to 47 with a small shape. You do happy and fine now.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Your so kind, thank you very much for compliment. I turn 47 in july, can wait to turn older....lol . My profile 46 with 4 kids (46w4kds) 😊 I am very happy , my goal weight is 145.

I'm having surgery April 3 in Tennessee

Had my sleeve done august 29, 2017. Im here for anyone who has questions before and after procedure of the sleeve. Im 6 months out and willing to lend an ear or advice to the best of my abilities, i really didnt have anyone when my journey began so would like to be there for you. My highest weight was 277 lost 50lbs on my own then gained then gained 30lbs right back, so i decided to have the sleeve. I was 244 the day of surgery, and now im at 181. I live in Independence Missouri and im 46 years old. I included before surgery pic and after, im so happy with my decision and would love to share my experiences this far.

20180209_074913.thumb.jpg.23ff0bb22e90af9bb3f40f54ca4e76e7.jpg
20180217_193258.thumb.png.615f46a57319fde0fce6cee83c88d098.png

What part of Tennessee are you from?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm pretty scared about all of it. I have 6-year-old twins and I am telling them this week about the surgery. I don't want them to worry and I don't want them to think fat is bad. I'm scared about the actual surgery then so so scared about the initial recovery. THEN, the after. How long until I feel normal after surgery?

I'm pretty scared about all of it. I have 6-year-old twins and I am telling them this week about the surgery. I don't want them to worry and I don't want them to think fat is bad. I'm scared about the actual surgery then so so scared about the initial recovery. THEN, the after. How long until I feel normal after surgery?

I have a 6 and 7 year old boys. I've told them about my upcoming surgery and they said they like me how I am. But I explained what issues being overweight can cause and has caused. I have co-morbidities and the chances of them disappearing after surgery are high. Also, by having surgery, I can be more active with them.

What part of Tennessee are you from?

I'm from Nashville, but I live in Ashland City now.

Had my sleeve done august 29, 2017. Im here for anyone who has questions before and after procedure of the sleeve. Im 6 months out and willing to lend an ear or advice to the best of my abilities, i really didnt have anyone when my journey began so would like to be there for you. My highest weight was 277 lost 50lbs on my own then gained then gained 30lbs right back, so i decided to have the sleeve. I was 244 the day of surgery, and now im at 181. I live in Independence Missouri and im 46 years old. I included before surgery pic and after, im so happy with my decision and would love to share my experiences this far.

20180209_074913.thumb.jpg.23ff0bb22e90af9bb3f40f54ca4e76e7.jpg
20180217_193258.thumb.png.615f46a57319fde0fce6cee83c88d098.png

Hello I have 6 months until surgery so won't be sleeved until September or so. I want to know all the little details that you don't really hear about. For example do you have to have a catheter? Do you have to get one of those vacuum seal type deals that hook to your stomach to help with the draining? How long did it take before you felt normal after surgery? I sleep upstairs in my house will I be able to climb the stairs to go to bed or will I need to make other arrangements? When can I resume normal activity? And any other little details that you don't really hear about. I did the six months approval process last year and got a surgery date but then I chickened out. I had lost 30 pounds on my own and figure that I could do it by myself. Well I kept that 30 lbs off then gained a few pounds then dropped it again so I've stayed pretty much with a 30 lbs off for the whole year. But I keep going up and down and I know that I need to do the surgery this time. But last time I seem to not find out stuff until it was almost the date. I want to know it all ahead of time so I can be prepared for it. I'm a really anxious person so when they threw it on me at the last minute I chickened out. So any information you might have for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Nashville is about 3 hours from me

That's so cool to have someone close by. I start my pre op liquid diet in 11 days and I also have an upper GI done, registration, and a 2-3 hour class that same day all for my upcoming surgery.

11 minutes ago, beccaconaty87 said:

Hello I have 6 months until surgery so won't be sleeved until September or so. I want to know all the little details that you don't really hear about. For example do you have to have a catheter? Do you have to get one of those vacuum seal type deals that hook to your stomach to help with the draining? How long did it take before you felt normal after surgery? I sleep upstairs in my house will I be able to climb the stairs to go to bed or will I need to make other arrangements? When can I resume normal activity? And any other little details that you don't really hear about. I did the six months approval process last year and got a surgery date but then I chickened out. I had lost 30 pounds on my own and figure that I could do it by myself. Well I kept that 30 lbs off then gained a few pounds then dropped it again so I've stayed pretty much with a 30 lbs off for the whole year. But I keep going up and down and I know that I need to do the surgery this time. But last time I seem to not find out stuff until it was almost the date. I want to know it all ahead of time so I can be prepared for it. I'm a really anxious person so when they threw it on me at the last minute I chickened out. So any information you might have for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

First of all, let me tell you that researching is the best thing to do before going thru with the procedure. It is ultimately a huge decision that will change your life forever! My personal experience was the best choice i had ever made. I was so scared, and nervous at just the thought before my surgery. I had every worst case scenario running thru my head, now i look back and cant believe i didnt do it sooner then age 46. Yes they do use a catheter, but i never felt it because i was already under. I asked them to do that because i have a tilted pelvis which makes it constantly hurt, and as soon as i woke up demanded they took out immediately. I did have a tube for drainage but really couldnt feel it much because my whole tummy ached, not severely, but a dull constant ache that pain medication helped alot with. I did sleep upstairs as well, and was able to tackle those stairs the very night i came home. Slowly, but made it up and down just fine. It did take me about a week to feeling better and to get my kids off to school, i was thankful that my two littlest ones were 9 and 5 so they helped by getting themselves dressed and eating Cereal and poptarts for breakfast....lol you should feel like getting back to somewhat normal activities by then but on the easy side. I didnt feel at 100% myself untill about a month later, but im such a baby! Watching those lbs come off the first few months was so worth it, and then you kinda forget the pain you went thru to get there. Dont let me scare you! It wasnt really that bad, again im a huge baby. Its tough at first because of the liquid diet before and after surgery, im not gonna sugar coat that. That was the worst for me, but when i was able to eat cream of potatoe Soup after a few weeks it tasted better then any gourmet meal at the time. I didnt even like it before surgery, and it was like a little piece of heaven every time i took a bite. In time you come to eat healthier and better, and actually like it to. To repeat what i said in a prevous post, sugar and carbs become your enemy and Protein and Water become your best friend. Feel free to message me for anymore questions you might have, hope this helps a little for you. Best of luck!

That's so cool to have someone close by. I start my pre op liquid diet in 11 days and I also have an upper GI done, registration, and a 2-3 hour class that same day all for my upcoming surgery.

I have all of my stuff done except for the letter my referring Dr has to sign and then everything will be submitted to insurance. I hope the approval doesn't take long!

I have all of my stuff done except for the letter my referring Dr has to sign and then everything will be submitted to insurance. I hope the approval doesn't take long!

I think once my Dr submitted all my requirements to my insurance, it took less than a week to get approved. I would have already had surgery, but my surgeon had some kind of surgery himself so I had to wait. He was the only Dr that takes my insurance at that facility.