Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just have to keep at it. Popsicles can help as can small ice chips (make sure they are SMALL in case you swallow one by mistake). Staying hydrated is the most important thing early on. Not that you want to make shorting yourself on Protein a regular thing, but honestly if it comes down to it focus on Water first.

I went everywhere in the house with my water bottle. Have to make it a habit to continue to sip on a regular basis and not let yourself get distracted.

Just have to keep at it. Popsicles can help as can small ice chips (make sure they are SMALL in case you swallow one by mistake). Staying hydrated is the most important thing early on. Not that you want to make shorting yourself on Protein a regular thing, but honestly if it comes down to it focus on Water first.

I went everywhere in the house with my Water bottle. Have to make it a habit to continue to sip on a regular basis and not let yourself get distracted.

Thank you.

I went everywhere in the house with my water bottle. Have to make it a habit to continue to sip on a regular basis and not let yourself get distracted.

I like the popsicle idea.

Just now, lydee1975 said:

I like the popsicle idea.

It at least breaks up how boring it can get drinking Water and Protein Shakes. I went through a ton of them for the first few weeks.

4 minutes ago, lydee1975 said:

When did you have surgery and what type did you have.

Had a sleeve just over a year ago. I had a pretty rough go of it for the first few weeks. Had a really hard time getting fluids in while at the hospital, but by the time I got home the swelling had gone down and was easier to get things down.

Hello everyone. Just had surgery last week on 2/7. Finding it hard to get all my fluids and Protein in. Any advice?

I had surgery the 9th and having the same problem got popsickles but miss having a swig instead of sips of Water

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

Had a sleeve just over a year ago. I had a pretty rough go of it for the first few weeks. Had a really hard time getting fluids in while at the hospital, but by the time I got home the swelling had gone down and was easier to get things down.

When did you start to feel somewhat normal. I mean like your incision sites healed up, not exhausted all the time.

I had surgery the 9th and having the same problem got popsickles but miss having a swig instead of sips of Water

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I miss just drinking water too. The sipping is the hardest thing to get use to. Well one of the hardest things.

It’s ok! I had serious dehydration problems when I first got sleeved. Try to on small ice chips. Try and stay hydrated and if you can’t, go to ER and they will give you ivy. Make sure to let your doctor know this issue at your 1 or 2 week follow up

21 hours ago, lydee1975 said:

When did you start to feel somewhat normal. I mean like your incision sites healed up, not exhausted all the time.

Eh....around weeks 3-4 I'd say. Keep in mind I had some complications with my surgery and was in the hospital for almost a week. My recovery got off to a really slow start. I went back to work during week 3 and was okay, but tired. Didn't have much pain by then but not much energy. After the 4th week when I was back to actually eating some food again things seemed to speed up on getting back to normal.

Eh....around weeks 3-4 I'd say. Keep in mind I had some complications with my surgery and was in the hospital for almost a week. My recovery got off to a really slow start. I went back to work during week 3 and was okay, but tired. Didn't have much pain by then but not much energy. After the 4th week when I was back to actually eating some food again things seemed to speed up on getting back to normal.

Hopefully I will be on puréed food next week and will get some more energy.