Hello all. I’m new to this site but have been banded since 11/9/05. I loved it. Went from 268 to 135/140 I’m about three years and have maintained over the past 11 years with on about 5-8 lbs fluctuations until this past February. My family noticed that I was starting to get smaller without me trying and I didn’t really see it as a problem. I was eating normally but did notice from time time I would get chest pains but thought it was just tightness so I would stop eating. By July I was down to 123 and was now waking up with these chest pains as if I had stuffed myself. If u have ever over eaten with a band, u know how painful that can be. Well I made myself visit my doctor. He couldn’t see anything wrong as so he decided to take .5 cc out of my band to give me less restrictions thinking maybe I was too tight n needed adjustment. Well not even 30 minutes later I was in bending over in pain in my chest. I went right back to the office. He was now in surgery n had to wait 2 hrs for him to return. When I described the pain again and he saw where I was hurting, he concluded that it possibly acid reflux glaring up into my esophagus. He gave me medicine to assist with it as well as the spasms and scheduled me for a one month follow up. Well I didn’t make it the full two weeks. Nine days later I was in the office. I had gained 17 lbs, was swelling like a balloon everyday and could not fit most of my clothes n shoes due to the Water retention. I was miserable. He scheduled me for a sonogram to look at my band and stated I will need to schedule an endoscopy to really see what’s going on. First I had to get the medicine out of my system, get my vitals back to normal n check my kidneys in fear of the medicine causing a reaction with them. I wasn’t able to get into the procedure until 9/22. Two months later. I was off the medicine n the spasms n swelling was now gone but I was up to 167 lbs with no answers. After the procedure, we were able to see that my esophagus has scaring probably from the reflux and had now stretched itself overtop of my band and was acting like my stomach!!! Thereby not letting my band work the way it has for over 11 yrs!!! I’m completely distraught by this. He gave me options of removing it and getting the sleeve but that to me does not give me the control that I’ve had with my band. I don’t want to remove it so I’m playing the waiting game to see if my esophagus will go back to normal n give me my life back. Has anyone else experienced this??? I need support and other sufferers to figure out a game plan. Lease!!! #iwantmylifeback

Hello all. I’m new to this site but have been banded since 11/9/05. I loved it. Went from 268 to 135/140 I’m about three years and have maintained over the past 11 years with on about 5-8 lbs fluctuations until this past February. My family noticed that I was starting to get smaller without me trying and I didn’t really see it as a problem. I was eating normally but did notice from time time I would get chest pains but thought it was just tightness so I would stop eating. By July I was down to 123 and was now waking up with these chest pains as if I had stuffed myself. If u have ever over eaten with a band, u know how painful that can be. Well I made myself visit my doctor. He couldn’t see anything wrong as so he decided to take .5 cc out of my band to give me less restrictions thinking maybe I was too tight n needed adjustment. Well not even 30 minutes later I was in bending over in pain in my chest. I went right back to the office. He was now in surgery n had to wait 2 hrs for him to return. When I described the pain again and he saw where I was hurting, he concluded that it possibly acid reflux glaring up into my esophagus. He gave me medicine to assist with it as well as the spasms and scheduled me for a one month follow up. Well I didn’t make it the full two weeks. Nine days later I was in the office. I had gained 17 lbs, was swelling like a balloon everyday and could not fit most of my clothes n shoes due to the Water retention. I was miserable. He scheduled me for a sonogram to look at my band and stated I will need to schedule an endoscopy to really see what’s going on. First I had to get the medicine out of my system, get my vitals back to normal n check my kidneys in fear of the medicine causing a reaction with them. I wasn’t able to get into the procedure until 9/22. Two months later. I was off the medicine n the spasms n swelling was now gone but I was up to 167 lbs with no answers. After the procedure, we were able to see that my esophagus has scaring probably from the reflux and had now stretched itself overtop of my band and was acting like my stomach!!! Thereby not letting my band work the way it has for over 11 yrs!!! I’m completely distraught by this. He gave me options of removing it and getting the sleeve but that to me does not give me the control that I’ve had with my band. I don’t want to remove it so I’m playing the waiting game to see if my esophagus will go back to normal n give me my life back. Has anyone else experienced this??? I need support and other sufferers to figure out a game plan. Lease!!! #iwantmylifeback

Wow. Wishing you well.
After 11 years, I had to deflate my band for 5 months. Worked well. Well except the 15+ lbs that came. Hard to lose. Just got a tiny fill. We shall see.. keep trying is my 2 cents!

• Like 1