Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

Well I went to seminar at different hospital, one I'm considering switching,my records to. Something curious, they start their Bandera and sleevers on liquid-puree-mooshy- regular, the RnYs liquid and then teeny,tiny,pieces of regular. Isn't that strange? They do 400 bypasses each year so you would think they know what they're doing!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

57 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Well I went to seminar at different hospital, one I'm considering switching,my records to. Something curious, they start their Bandera and sleevers on liquid-puree-mooshy- regular, the RnYs liquid and then teeny,tiny,pieces of regular. Isn't that strange? They do 400 bypasses each year so you would think they know what they're doing!

Interesting. What hospital is this, where are you located? Is it a Bariatric Center of Excellence?

I am now on day 5 of my semi liquid pre op diet and all is going well. The headache feeling passed by the third day. The only trouble I have is when I am out and about and stop near a restaurant or fast food place. I swear, there should be a law about those odors wafting across parking lots and assaulting our noses. That gets my saliva going. food odors need to be contained to the premises! 😂😂

Ohio State University-Wexner Medical Center, Central Ohio, I live 14 miles from Ohio's Geographic Center, not only is it a Center of Excellence, it pioneered laparoscopic gastric bypass in that area. Seminar had probably had maybe 65 present. Mostly the Columbus area, but one person from West Virginia and one from Central Indiana. How do I know this? In an earlier portion of life I was a long distance phone operator so I can read area codes. Made myself known to the couple from West Virginia as I have friend and kinfolk there. Their names were Gary and Elinor , he normally goes to a doctor in Marietta Ohio, his local hospital refused to do him as he's over 65 (69) so he' d come North. Nice people,hope he and I have surgery about the same time.

1 hour ago, frust8 said:

Ohio State University-Wexner Medical Center, Central Ohio, I live 14 miles from Ohio's Geographic Center, not only is it a Center of Excellence, it pioneered laparoscopic gastric bypass in that area. Seminar had probably had maybe 65 present. Mostly the Columbus area, but one person from West Virginia and one from Central Indiana. How do I know this? In an earlier portion of life I was a long distance phone operator so I can read area codes. Made myself known to the couple from West Virginia as I have friend and kinfolk there. Their names were Gary and Elinor , he normally goes to a doctor in Marietta Ohio, his local hospital refused to do him as he's over 65 (69) so he' d come North. Nice people,hope he and I have surgery about the same time.

Frust8, been checking out their website. I can understand why someone would come from W. Virginia. The place is top notch, I would be totally comfortable with them.

Am really interested in the difference in the post op regime for RNY, as that is what I am having. There was no actual info on that.

Please do keep us posted on how you are doing. I think you are in great hands.

This is my hospital #2-- I got clear through first hospital's plan before they kicked me to the curb. At they very least I'll have to go through another psych eval, hope they will accept my prior completed different doctor assesments,i did cardio, pulmonary,psych, sleep lab, dietician and nutritional coaching. Signed a release of infomation form along with a 7 page application form and handed them in instead of trusting the mail or internet. We will see what happens next. I'll update you bari-pals as it develops!

Oh my gosh, Frust8. What happened at your first choice?

I totally forgot to let y'all know! I got a call from my surgeons office manager on Thursday saying my insurance had approved my procedure!!! And not only that but they had a cancellation and would I like to switch my date to an earlier one..uh yes, yes I would! So my surgery has been moved from April 24th to March 27th!! Pre-Op diet starts in 2 days on Monday!!!

4 minutes ago, JessicasWLSJourney said:

I totally forgot to let y'all know! I got a call from my surgeons office manager on Thursday saying my insurance had approved my procedure!!! And not only that but they had a cancellation and would I like to switch my date to an earlier one..uh yes, yes I would! So my surgery has been moved from April 24th to March 27th!! Pre-Op diet starts in 2 days on Monday!!!

Great news! Congrats👍🏼😊

THATS GREAT NEWS!!!! I don’t like this liver shrink diet. Maybe I’m overthinking it. My surgery is March 16

Well, my date is 26 Mar and I am excited. I start the pre op diet on Monday. Want everyone in the March April group to stay positive and I am praying for each and every one of you. My prayer is that we all come out on the other side New and Improved.

2 hours ago, frust8 said:

About Time check out my post in 48 Hours to a Day of Hope it's under General Weight Loss forum. I went through it and I still don't understand it.

Thanks I’ll go look for it.