Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

Congrats. My surgery is scheduled for the March 13th does anyone have to do the 2week pre-op diet too or the 3 day? And how are you doing on it? It’s been tough I started the 27th it’s day 6 and it’s been a bit hard on me

I'm only allowed 2 replacement shakes a day (I've been going back and forth with Atkins and premiere) with a lean cuisine for the first 7 days. The last 3 days is a clear liquid diet. It does feel amazing losing weight before! 10 pounds is amazing! This whole process has been very challenging and long. I'm glad I'm almost at the end of the tunnel. It sure has changed my eating habits and not to mention my portion size. Before my pre-op diet, my friends wanted to have a party and have great food as my "last meal", I only ate half of taco and felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't even enjoy the piece of cake I had. [emoji20] The chocolate Protein Shakes will have to do now. lol
You will be in my thoughts and prayers as we start this amazing journey together! [emoji4]

How are you doing? Just a little over one day to go! This liquid diet has not been a fun one but I’m happy I was able to do it and be confident I’ll have a safer surgery.

15 hours ago, gisy87 said:

Congrats. My surgery is scheduled for the March 13th does anyone have to do the 2week pre-op diet too or the 3 day? And how are you doing on it? It’s been tough I started the 27th it’s day 6 and it’s been a bit hard on me

Mine is the 13th, but no 2 liquid just Clear Liquids day before. I am keeping with low sugar, low fat, high Protein diet I’ve been doing. I’ve been working on eating post surgery diet so I’m use to it. I often do 2 shakes and dinner or close to it. But I know it’s different when you have to do it.

My surgeon thinks it helps people stay on post surgery restrictions better. I think people who have not lost pre surgery weight he does put on liquids.

18 hours ago, gisy87 said:

I'm on day 6 of my one week pre-op liquid diet, surgery is on Wednesday. I was on a pretty strict 1250 calorie diet since January and hoped that would prepare me for this week -- it didn't. I'm not physically hungry at all because I've got a pretty good handle on the Protein thing, but the mental side has been tough. My mind is fully adjusting to what I'm about to do and what it means for me going forward, and all of that has turned me into an emotional basket case. So I randomly cry for reasons I don't understand, but, I'm taking it one day at a time, and looking so forward to surgery in two days!

I look at it this way -- if we can have the willpower to make it through the 1 or 2 week liquid diet, we will be so much stronger mentally to tackle the rest of the road!

Edited by kimbers18

I'm on day 6 of my one week pre-op liquid diet, surgery is on Wednesday. I was on a pretty strict 1250 calorie diet since January and hoped that would prepare me for this week -- it didn't. I'm not physically hungry at all because I've got a pretty good handle on the Protein thing, but the mental side has been tough. My mind is fully adjusting to what I'm about to do and what it means for me going forward, and all of that has turned me into an emotional basket case. So I randomly cry for reasons I don't understand, but, I'm taking it one day at a time, and looking so forward to surgery in two days!
I look at it this way -- if we can have the willpower to make it through the 1 or 2 week liquid diet, we will be so much stronger mentally to tackle the rest of the road!

Yes your right I’m doing better now I was put on a strict 800 calorie 2 week pre op liquid diet but I found a higher Protein Shake have been making sure to drink enough Water and I’ve been fine I didn’t think I would be able to but I’m actually doing well I consume under 800 calories per day and it makes me sad inside when I smell actual food and can’t eat it but I know it’s all worth it so I’m staying focused and motivated my energy level wasn’t that great but everyday it gets better and I guess my body is getting used to the diet just 7 more days to go I’m so excited and scared but in a good way

1 minute ago, Brotherorc said:

Today is the day. Getting ready to go I am excited that the day has finally here

HW 225
SW 221
CW 305
GW 200

RNY 3/7/18

Saying a prayer for you and all March/April surgeries🙏

6 Days and counting for me...surgery March 13th.