Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to be honest. Anyone care to join?

I am pre op sleeve but a 13 year lap band veteran who lost 100 lbs.

Everyone has given great answers and I have little to add except this:

Do you ever feel guilty taking Tylenol when you have pain? Did you really try to alleviate the pain without resorting to medical intervention? :)

You deserve to live a long healthy life.

You deserve to benefit from the best medicine and science have to offer.

5% of do it yourselfer weight loss is successful in the long term when they were more than 30 lbs overweight. There is not enough evidence to support this crazy idea that willpower is effective against obesity. There is lots of evidence that weight loss surgery is.

Keep telling yourself all of the above.

OK so I understand I may get a telling off from some of you, but this is something I'm really curious about so gunna just go ahead and ask.
Before your weight loss surgery, did you guys really try to lose it on your own? May sound a silly question, we've all tried but how long was we trying before deciding on the surgery and how long did each diet and excersize plan last?
I'm asking this because since bring accepted I'm starting to feel guilt. (I will be getting my surgery on the NHS) I feel like I could of tried harder and for longer and that maybe I'm not deserving of this surgery. I have serious motivation problems when it comes to even going to the shop down the road from me let alone excersize. I think it's due to my depression.
Also having pcos, it takes a lot longer for results to start showing so I hold my hands up and say that because I wasn't seeing change soon enough I would get upset give up easily.
Please say I'm not the only one who feels like this! Ever since deciding on getting the surgery I can't help but feel so undeserving of it.
Surgery due January 17th 2018
CW 238
GW 133

I had tried over and over and failed to keep any weight I lost off. So once I saw that I weighed nearly 500 lbs I got depressed even more and went on an eating binge before trying again. I felt after losing 200 lbs that I had still failed because I was regaining quickly again. I finally went to my Dr and asked for help thinking I would get some diet plan and if I was lucky a prescription. But he immediately recommend WLS surgery and my thoughts were that I had completely failed if I was "that big" I felt I could have tried harder up until the week before my surgery when I realized that I needed this to change the size of my stomach so I would stop feeling like I was super hungry all the time. I realized I couldn't shrink my stomach any faster than I could shrink the excess skin I have. So having it surgically "fixed" made the most sense to me. Only you know what's right for you best wishes no matter your choice. I'm certainly glad I made the choice to have the gastric sleeve in 2011. IMG_20171204_074746.jpg IMG_20171222_084816.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I felt the same way. Cancelled my first surgery date a week from surgery but later had it done. It is a better tool for me because of the limitations on the amount you can eat. It’ s still not easy but I’m glad I had it.