Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah that's what I figured around 800 or 900 calories a day. I mean after I eat I'm not starving but I could eat more. I mean it worries me a little that everyone else seems to be so full They can't even finish whats on there plates. But your right I any 350 so maybe it will take more. I was just worried I was eating to much, I have reached a stall and haven't lost any eight in a week

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I too am worried that I am able to eat so much so easily after only 11 days post op. I had sleeve on 11/21/17 and made a quiche yesterday with tomatoes and mushrooms and had no issues eating 4+oz and then at lunch had 4+oz of ricotta bake. I eat a spoon of whipped Peanut Butter as a snack and will have a Premier Protein for dinner. Some days it is just two premier shakes and a 4oz can of chicken spread. I need to be better with exercise but again I am only 11 days post op. I feel like I could eat just about anything right now and have never felt "restriction" and not sure I would even know what that feels like. I don't ever feel hungry but know I need to eat and get my Protein in. I get about 60-80 grams of protein a day and I drink well over 64 oz of Water a day.

I lost 22 pounds in two weeks (including 1 week pre-op diet) but it seems like I am not losing right now. It is very frustrating. I know people are different with how fast they loose but it is discouraging.

Any suggestions?

HW: 210
SW: 198
CW: 188
GW: 135
Height: 5' 3"

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

Are you male or female? I'm female I can only eat a mouthful short of one boiled egg. But for some reason I may be able to eat more if scrambled but I like to eat what causes me the most restrictions. I'm 4 months post.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm Male. But regardless I have a ways to go until I'm adding all this new stuff to my diet or eating that much. Hell I still struggle to barely get my 60g of Protein in

Edited by Mhy12784

14 hours ago, Patrick powers said:

I got to eat my first real foods since the surgery and i have to say while it was great to eat real food I was really disappointed on how much it filled me up.. in fact it really didn't. Everyone I talked to and read about on this site said how once you start eating real food you won't be able to eat but a small portion of it before you get full. and others have said how they are so not hungry that they even forget to eat a meal all together.. I sure hope things get better as I go along because I'm really really worried right now.. anyone else had this problem? Help...

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Patrick powers said:

I followed the guide the dr gave me for Breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. lunch I had 3oz of that tuna creations pouch and 1/2 cup of green Beans

Congrats on getting to the real food stage. It is a bit of trial and error to see where your sensation of full is. Also finding foods that don't upset your stomach. ;)

You are still eating very little at this point. 800-900 calories per day

Just a suggestion. Always get Protein in first. If you have room add vegetables.

Scrambled eggs with diced green ,red pepper and onion.

lunch tuna creations steamed broccoli topped with parmesan cheese

dinner turkey breast and steamed french green Beans

I too am worried that I am able to eat so much so easily after only 11 days post op. I had sleeve on 11/21/17 and made a quiche yesterday with tomatoes and mushrooms and had no issues eating 4+oz and then at lunch had 4+oz of ricotta bake. I eat a spoon of whipped Peanut Butter as a snack and will have a Premier Protein for dinner. Some days it is just two premier shakes and a 4oz can of chicken spread. I need to be better with exercise but again I am only 11 days post op. I feel like I could eat just about anything right now and have never felt "restriction" and not sure I would even know what that feels like. I don't ever feel hungry but know I need to eat and get my Protein in. I get about 60-80 grams of protein a day and I drink well over 64 oz of Water a day.

I lost 22 pounds in two weeks (including 1 week pre-op diet) but it seems like I am not losing right now. It is very frustrating. I know people are different with how fast they loose but it is discouraging.

Any suggestions?

HW: 210
SW: 198
CW: 188
GW: 135
Height: 5' 3"

11 days? Quiche and mushrooms. I thought people are still on liquids by now

11 days? Quiche and mushrooms. I thought people are still on liquids by now

Yeah, I know but I thought I would try it and have had no issues. The mushrooms were diced pretty small. I eat, don't feel full but don't feel hungry either. I try to just have 3 meals a day 4-5 hours apart. I have read so many times that it is best to get on real food as soon as you can. I would say I am still doing puree and soft stage at this point.

Does anyone have any advice for the first time you eat real food after surgery (even if it's soft)

I was planning on trying scrambled eggs/beaters next Thursday and it'll be the first time I've had anything more than liquids/protein/pudding/jello etc...

I'll be approximately 4 weeks postoperative. And wasn't interested in eating like pureed cat food or any of that **** so I've basically been in an extended stage 2 diet for the most part.

21 hours ago, Mhy12784 said:

I mean youre 350 pounds i imagine itll take more to fill you up than say a 190 pound female. How hungry are you after these meals ?

I mean it makes sense that the bigger someone is the more calories theyll need, and its not like youre eating huge meals. Judging by those meals youre on pace for what 900 calories a day ?

And ill add i LOVEEE eggs but they have a fair amount of fat. If you ate say 1 egg and 2 egg beaters (maybe even 3) you could get the exact same amount of calories with more food volume and Protein.

Personally i think the Mozzarella is a waste of calories when paired up with eggs (if youre left hungry) its just dense calories. Both eggs and Mozarella are over 50% fat calories making them less filling. Maybe fat free american and some eggbeaters plus a real egg and youre in business

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with fat with the correct foods. You really, really need to educate yourself on nutrition. You're still following the old "diet" mentality of the 70's and 80's.

I lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off for over 3 years and haven't tracked fat at all. When our capacity is so limited, a few healthy fats is actually good for us.

And edited to add:

"Fat free" anything is the most unhealthy crap anyone can eat. It's full of sugar and preservatives to compensate for taste. The fat free trend is why there has been an uptick with obesity in the last couple decades.

We are better off eating real food. Besides, if I'm going to eat cheese, I'm sure the hell not going to waste my limited capacity on fake fat free American cheese!

Edited by BarbieVSG14

I hate eggs now so not much input on them, but when you put some real Protein down that you have chewed you should get the fullness. I can eat 4-5 oz of yogurt or cottage cheese pretty easy, but a half cup of chicken feels like i swallowed a whole turkey.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, BarbieVSG14 said:

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with fat with the correct foods. You really, really need to educate yourself on nutrition. You're still following the old "diet" mentality of the 70's and 80's.

I lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off for over 3 years and haven't tracked fat at all. When our capacity is so limited, a few healthy fats is actually good for us.

And edited to add:

"Fat free anything is the most unhealthy crap anyone can eat. It's full of sugar and preservatives to compensate for taste. The fat free trend is why there has been an uptick with obesity in the last couple decades.

We are better off eating real food. Besides, if I'm going to eat cheese, I'm sure the hell not going to waste my limited capacity on fake fat free American cheese!

I don't think fats bad at all, I think fat is good healthy and delicious for you.

What I don't think is that 60% of your calories should be coming from fat. Fat is the most calorically dense macro nutrient, and EXCESSIVE fat leads to excessive calories.

I'm being extremely presumptuous, but I imagine every bariatric nutrition program has a rule along the line of Protein first. If 60% of your calories are coming from fat, then protein isn't first

1 minute ago, Mhy12784 said:

I don't think fats bad at all, I think fat is good healthy and delicious for you.

What I don't think is that 60% of your calories should be coming from fat. Fat is the most calorically dense macro nutrient, and EXCESSIVE fat leads to excessive calories.

I'm being extremely presumptuous, but I imagine every bariatric nutrition program has a rule along the line of Protein first. If 60% of your calories are coming from fat, then Protein isn't first

I see your point. And I agree.

UNLESS someone is Keto. Then they advocate something crazy like 65% fat and like 100 grams of protein. No way someone even a couple years post op could even get enough calories for that!

My point is don't be too afraid of fat. A lot of times, healthy fat and protein go hand in hand, and you can get more bang for your buck with things like nuts.

But I definitely agree it shouldn't be the main percentage of your macros.

2 hours ago, Mhy12784 said:

Does anyone have any advice for the first time you eat real food after surgery (even if it's soft)

I was planning on trying scrambled eggs/beaters next Thursday and it'll be the first time I've had anything more than liquids/protein/pudding/jello etc...

I'll be approximately 4 weeks postoperative. And wasn't interested in eating like pureed cat food or any of that **** so I've basically been in an extended stage 2 diet for the most part.

Refried Beans and cheese was my first real food, and it was heaven.

There's also this Ricatta Bake recipe you should google. It's like you're eating lasagna without the noodles. So good!

7 minutes ago, BarbieVSG14 said:

Refried Beans and cheese was my first real food, and it was heaven.

There's also this Ricatta Bake recipe you should google. It's like you're eating lasagna without the noodles. So good!

I was severely lactose intolerant preoperatively, it's likely gotten worse since surgery

I'm just hoping I can tolerate eggs, as that was one of my goto foods before surgery

I just had my first real food. I’m 20 days post op. I made a soft boiled egg. I’ve been able to drink my Protein Drinks and eat yogurt, popsicles, and cottage cheese with no problem. After two very small bites, I felt like I ate a dozen eggs. So strange!

Yeah, I know but I thought I would try it and have had no issues. The mushrooms were diced pretty small. I eat, don't feel full but don't feel hungry either. I try to just have 3 meals a day 4-5 hours apart. I have read so many times that it is best to get on real food as soon as you can. I would say I am still doing puree and soft stage at this point.

Best to get on real food as you can and not follow your surgeons plan ?lol risking a leak that you won't know u have till it's too late ? Mkay goodluck lol

My surgeon feels eggs are abit harsh early out. But many people have that as a first food. Or mushed up fish