Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got to eat my first real foods since the surgery and i have to say while it was great to eat real food I was really disappointed on how much it filled me up.. in fact it really didn't. Everyone I talked to and read about on this site said how once you start eating real food you won't be able to eat but a small portion of it before you get full. and others have said how they are so not hungry that they even forget to eat a meal all together.. I sure hope things get better as I go along because I'm really really worried right now.. anyone else had this problem? Help...

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

What do you mean by real food? There are foods that slide right through the pouch. Dense Proteins trigger the restriction for all people and other foods for some people. For me Beans, leafy greens and other nutrient dense foods do that. For some bread is a slider and for others it sits like a brick in the pouch

I followed the guide the dr gave me for Breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. lunch I had 3oz of that tuna creations pouch and 1/2 cup of green Beans

How far post are you again ? Your doctor said you should be having two scrabbldd egg right from first time trying food? That's interesting. I wouldn't lose hope as you are still healing. Your full signs will be different and those will be easier to recognize as you go. I burp when I'm getting abit full. I wonder how you would get on with steak

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes eggs were on the list of approved foods . It's been around 35 days since my surgery . I'm worried but I'm not giving up

2 hours ago, Patrick powers said:

I followed the guide the dr gave me for Breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. lunch I had 3oz of that tuna creations pouch and 1/2 cup of green Beans

I mean youre 350 pounds i imagine itll take more to fill you up than say a 190 pound female. How hungry are you after these meals ?

I mean it makes sense that the bigger someone is the more calories theyll need, and its not like youre eating huge meals. Judging by those meals youre on pace for what 900 calories a day ?

And ill add i LOVEEE eggs but they have a fair amount of fat. If you ate say 1 egg and 2 egg beaters (maybe even 3) you could get the exact same amount of calories with more food volume and Protein.

Personally i think the Mozzarella is a waste of calories when paired up with eggs (if youre left hungry) its just dense calories. Both eggs and Mozarella are over 50% fat calories making them less filling. Maybe fat free american and some eggbeaters plus a real egg and youre in business

Edited by Mhy12784

Yeah that's what I figured around 800 or 900 calories a day. I mean after I eat I'm not starving but I could eat more. I mean it worries me a little that everyone else seems to be so full They can't even finish whats on there plates. But your right I any 350 so maybe it will take more. I was just worried I was eating to much, I have reached a stall and haven't lost any eight in a week

3 minutes ago, Patrick powers said:

Yeah that's what I figured around 800 or 900 calories a day. I mean after I eat I'm not starving but I could eat more. I mean it worries me a little that everyone else seems to be so full They can't even finish whats on there plates. But your right I any 350 so maybe it will take more. I was just worried I was eating to much, I have reached a stall and haven't lost any eight in a week

Well you gotta look at the macros too

i mean your breakfast is like 65% fat or something ? That cant be optimal

eggs are fine mozzarella is fine, But 2 eggs and moza is just a fat overload

Hmm I never thought of that..i need more breakfast ideas I guess. Lol

3 minutes ago, Patrick powers said:

Hmm I never thought of that..i need more breakfast ideas I guess. Lol

Eggbeaters or eggwhites are gold and low fat/fat free cheese is an improvement.

Add in some lean meat if you got more room

Im not ready for eggs yet but my dream breakfast is 1 egg 1 eggbeater and some lean ground beef mixed in there maybe 2 eggs and 2 beaters when i get to maintence

But iI imagine itll be about 6-12 weeks till i can eat that much

Edited by Mhy12784

Yes that's sound great I might get some Turkey bacon and try that

I was told a man's stomach is longer than a woman's so you'd have more space. But I'd make sure you eat slower. I'd eat one egg have a break a minute just to make sure you need that second egg the suggestions above makes perfect sense.

My usual Breakfast ( I don't know if this is optimal or the macros maybe someone else will know. 2 ounce egg whites 1 ounce spinnach 1 ounce cheese. It's so filling for me but not high calories

Eggbeaters or eggwhites are gold and low fat/fat free cheese is an improvement.
Add in some lean meat if you got more room
Im not ready for eggs yet but my dream breakfast is 1 egg 1 eggbeater and some lean ground beef mixed in there maybe 2 eggs and 2 beaters when i get to maintence
But iI imagine itll be about 6-12 weeks till i can eat that much

Are you male or female? I'm female I can only eat a mouthful short of one boiled egg. But for some reason I may be able to eat more if scrambled but I like to eat what causes me the most restrictions. I'm 4 months post.