Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow Cowgirl Jane that's a whole lot at once, wonder you didn't want to quit the Rodeo of Life about them. Makes my right paramedian look piddling and I thought it was bad. Told my surgeon I wouldn't mind if he had to do it open instead of laprascopically. He said " do you know how hard it is to recover from an abdominal wound?" I just flipped my shirt up and he laughed. Lets not have a battle of wits Junior, I didn't come into this war unarmed! Have a feeling I'm gonna be a patient he'll always remember. Better a shocked double-take than a yawn.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery Jan 3!!

My daughter's birthday and a fine way to start the year. She was whining "I'm 49 years old today" I reminded her I turned 72 last week, our birthdays are 8 days apart. How are you doing these first 3 weeks? And how much have you lost? Gosh in a few months maybe somebody will be asking me that, it do boggle the mind to contemplate. Best wishes for your continued success.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my surgery on the 18th. So, far it's going well. I'm not losing much weight although it's only been two days. I would love to connect with other post-op January patients. I am having trouble swallowing my crushed meds because they taste so awful (bitter). Anyone have any ideas on what to mix them with to help the taste?

Edited by marinah
typo

I just had my surgery on the 18th. So, far it's going well. Ia, not losing much weight although it's only been two days. I would love to connect with other post-op January patients. I am having trouble swallowing my crushed meds because they taste so awful (bitter). Anyone have any ideas on what to mix them with to help the taste?

I mix mine with my food/drink

Sent from my Moto G (5) using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, marinah said:

I just had my surgery on the 18th. So, far it's going well. Ia, not losing much weight although it's only been two days. I would love to connect with other post-op January patients. I am having trouble swallowing my crushed meds because they taste so awful (bitter). Anyone have any ideas on what to mix them with to help the taste?

Hi, welcome home! I was sleeved last Tuesday so I'm on day 5. I mixed my crushed meds with a bit of yoghurt, which helped. And am now swallowing the small pills and using painkillers that dissolve in Water.

That doesn't wreck the taste of those things too? I tried applesauce but could hardly get it down.

That doesn't wreck the taste of those things too? I tried applesauce but could hardly get it down.

It helps. And then I chase the taste with apple sauce or yoghurt to get rid of the taste in my mouth.

Thanks all. I will try these ideas.

I'm going on my 3rd day after gastric bypass. Hopefully get to leave later today. My question is.. during the first week post op diet.. all liquid.. can you feel your stomach get full? I'm nervous to find out how much food I will be able to eat and what will happen if I don't catch myself and end up throwing up. So far in hospital I've had just Water and watered down cranberry juice and Decaf coffee but I didn't notice a difference in my stomach as to if I was getting full

Your drinking all fluids and you won't feel full. pudding is a great but that and yogurt is sweet. Mixed plain with okios cause it was so sweet

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks all. I will try these ideas.

I've been pushing the pills down my throat take a sip push it in your throat and take sips and hold your head back til it's down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my surgery on the 18th. So, far it's going well. I'm not losing much weight although it's only been two days. I would love to connect with other post-op January patients. I am having trouble swallowing my crushed meds because they taste so awful (bitter). Anyone have any ideas on what to mix them with to help the taste?

Hey I had my surgery on the 18th too! I was having trouble with the meds too..a friend of mine that has the surgery had her crushed meds with custard or yogurt..so I’ll give that a try tomorrow..how are you feeling..these gas bubbles are pretty painful. I came home today

Hey I had my surgery on the 18th too! I was having trouble with the meds too..a friend of mine that has the surgery had her crushed meds with custard or yogurt..so I’ll give that a try tomorrow..how are you feeling..these gas bubbles are pretty painful. I came home today

I had my surgery on the 18th as well. Have not had much pain because im walking. Im not going to lie i took pain killer once yesterday but my surgeon prescribed liquid form Tylenol with codeine.

I have not been able to drink more than 1 Protein Drink a day though. I have an alarm that goes off every 15 Minutes to try to get some liquids down but at times i feel full and im scared if stretching my pouch

16 hours ago, brm032 said:

I had my surgery Jan 3!!

How are you getting on?x