Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

S

That shoulder pain is no joke [emoji30] lol. I’m alternating btwn walking/heat pads/gas x strips to help. I’m struggling with Protein. I’m tired of all this sugar free Jello and vanilla/banana Protein Shakes, but I’m hanging in there. I’m dying for real food already. Luckily I can start on soft foods tomorrow according to my doctors. So happy! It’s been a tough journey on liquids lol

2 minutes ago, plumptofit said:

Let your body tell you that’s enough. I still get winded out (6 days post op)... but walk and do what you can to an extreme. Take breaks when you can. Stay hydrated.

For sure. I just went on a walk yesterday and my icd (Implantable cardiovascular-defibrillator) almost triggered, so I'm hoping I won't have any complications post surgery with that.

10 minutes ago, plumptofit said:

Recovery is not bad...but a full time job for sure! Focusing on all the intake takes getting use too! I can add in soft foods Saturday and look forward to that addition....Premier ready to drink shakes are decent. 30g protien in one shake!

That shoulder pain is no joke lol. I’m alternating btwn walking/heat pads/gas x strips to help. I’m struggling with Protein. I’m tired of all this sugar free Jello and vanilla/banana Protein Shakes, but I’m hanging in there. I’m dying for real food already. Luckily I can start on soft foods tomorrow according to my doctors. So happy! It’s been a tough journey on liquids lol

W

10 hours ago, KryCar said:

I’m on the 23, how was it?

It was much better than I thought it would be hun. I was up and about walking quickly and I think that helped a lot. You will be a bit tender at the incision sites but you'll get pain relief for that. The key is to walk as much as you can to move the gas and avoid complications like clots. I got up for a walk every two hours. You should also slowly sip Water as soon as your carers let you to get off your drip and stay hydrated. Be prepared for a bit of burping and feeling a bit nauseous but there's absolutely nothing that you can't handle xxx

I'm going on my 3rd day after gastric bypass. Hopefully get to leave later today. My question is.. during the first week post op diet.. all liquid.. can you feel your stomach get full? I'm nervous to find out how much food I will be able to eat and what will happen if I don't catch myself and end up throwing up. So far in hospital I've had just Water and watered down cranberry juice and Decaf coffee but I didn't notice a difference in my stomach as to if I was getting full

3 minutes ago, Keeks17 said:

I'm going on my 3rd day after gastric bypass. Hopefully get to leave later today. My question is.. during the first week post op diet.. all liquid.. can you feel your stomach get full? I'm nervous to find out how much food I will be able to eat and what will happen if I don't catch myself and end up throwing up. So far in hospital I've had just Water and watered down cranberry juice and Decaf coffee but I didn't notice a difference in my stomach as to if I was getting full

I'm a week out today and just learning when my pouch is full as it's quite subtle for me. I think sipping very slowly is the important bit. If feel a little burp/air bubble in my tummy; I assume it's time to stop drinking and it's been working. Also stick to the recommended volumes from your healthcare providers. Mine said 50ml is all to take at one sitting in the first week or so. Xxx

10 hours ago, Marc76 said:

I know that the majority of you who are post-op say walk, walk, walk but I wondering on how much you are walking, or do you just let your body tell you that’s enough?

I walked every two hours after surgery. My body felt up to it though. I think you have to do what feels right for you xx

10 hours ago, plumptofit said:

That shoulder pain is no joke lol. I’m alternating btwn walking/heat pads/gas x strips to help. I’m struggling with Protein. I’m tired of all this sugar free Jello and vanilla/banana Protein Shakes, but I’m hanging in there. I’m dying for real food already. Luckily I can start on soft foods tomorrow according to my doctors. So happy! It’s been a tough journey on liquids lol

I've gotta do liquid only for two weeks after surgery. I'm a week out and already wanting real food. So relieved I'm not the only one who feels this way xx

Attitude has a lot to do with it! Recovery is temporary....and this change will be such a positive step to a healthy life! I have done great so far with very little pain. I went in with that mindset and I think that helps! Release the fear....everyone I have spoken to has had a bariatric procedure says it was the best decision of their life with no regrets! Like anything in life you just have to do the work! Follow post op instructions and know this is the beginning of something wonderful [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

How is everyone doing who's had there surgery within the last week or two?

Had my surgery on Jan 8th went back to work on Jan 15th (I’m a 9-1-1 operator so I sit in a chair mostly) I went to my 2 week post op appointment today and I am down 18 pounds since surgery!

**I’m losing it**

On 12/25/2017 at 8:48 PM, Cowgirl12 said:

Hi Christel11,

I’m also looking at end of January/ beginning of February... but I also wanted to say that I had noticed a lot of the programs require a 2 week liquid diet but the surgeon I’ll be having has people on a “liver shrinking diet” for two weeks (which is bacially what I eat now) and the day before surgery is the one day liquid diet... I would have been concerned about this but the hospital has won a lot of awards and he’s known to be one of the best surgeons in the US. So I’m glad for the one day liquid... they recommend drinking the Isopure Protein water... they also said to be trying different liquids for after the surgery as well.. I found the Isopure but ended having to “cut” it with Water as it is very sweet ... has 40 grams of protein....

good luck and look forward to hearing how it goes with you!

Got my date!!! January 30th!!! So excited but I’m too alone and no family close by at all,,, I don’t usually write much here but do read what others are talking about...

Congratulations cowgirl12!! Not long to wait xxx

Good luck Cowgirl12!! There are a lot of good surgeons. My surgeon, Dr. Thomas Cerabona, has been doing all bariatric procedures for 30+ years and has an extremely high success rate. I am now 2 almost 3 weeks post op. Surgery is no picnic but had no complications at all. Wishing you the best!!!

3 minutes ago, Lynn1/3 said:

Good luck Cowgirl12!! There are a lot of good surgeons. My surgeon, Dr. Thomas Cerabona, has been doing all bariatric procedures for 30+ years and has an extremely high success rate. I am now 2 almost 3 weeks post op. Surgery is no picnic but had no complications at all. Wishing you the best!!!

Thank you Lynn. Back in 1989 I had emergency gall bladder surgery and they did an appy and tubal ligation at the same time. Was supposed to be all done through belly button but woke up to a 12” cut straight across the tummy... I didn’t think I’d ever walk again without holding on to my stomach 😬 it was extremely painful but I lived through it and was back to work in half the time they thought. So I’m telling myself if I can make it through that then this should be much better! I’ve had a lot of surgeries over the years and just have to remember that they were all worth the pain ( foot/ankle, wrist, jaw, etc).

I’m glad to hear you are doing well !!! I look forward to hearing more how you are doing.