Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Add me to the list!!! 1/31/18! Can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away!

How is everyone doing who's had there surgery within the last week or two?

Had my surgery on the 12th, went home the next day. Advice to you is walk walk walk! It’ll help relieve the gas pain and the air they pump in your stomach to release. Sip sip sip all day, but slowly of course. Im only able to keep 2oz down per hour. Listen to your body it’ll tell you when you’re full. I’m already down 18 pounds, and healing great. Pay close attention to all your docs instructions and follow them to the T for best post-op recovery and you will do great! Best of luck!

Good to hear. I have mine on Monday, so I'm just in the final stages before starting a new life.

Good luck to you. My suggestions are a follows: Take it easy, give your body time to heal and listen to it and to your stomach. The first 24 hours were not easy for me and then things get better quite quickly. Take the pain killers you need. They will allow you to heal faster as you'll be less tense. Get up as soon as you can but don't force. Even just standing up for a while helps. Get lots of rest.

I had mine on the 16th and it was hard but all drs are different and have different points of view i wasnt able yo have liquids till the 17th only Water and now i can have other liquids its a big change but all i can say is listen to your body youll know when something is not right

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey yal Jan 12, 2018 was my surgery date. So 6 days post op trying to figure out my new world!

so far so good, glad to find this site!

3 hours ago, Marc76 said:

How is everyone doing who's had there surgery within the last week or two?

I just had mine yesterday morning.... was in a ton of pain and only pain meds they offer is Tylenol . I did get them to give me toradel which helped ease pain a little bit. I can tell it's starting to wear off. When I woke up from surgery it felt like one huge labor pain that was constant and wouldn't go away

20 hours ago, Dm0417 said:

Good luck girl. Mine was yesterday. Not bad going home tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Not bad?! You are so lucky.. what types of medicine did they give you for pain?

2 hours ago, plumptofit said:

I am 6 days post op! Doing well.

I woke up with a burning pain from the incisions and already gas pain in my shoulder.

I was allowed pain meds though...for up and walked 45 mins out of surgery. The walk walk walk is really key to a quick recovery. Was home 45 mins later. Only really needed pain meds for one day.

Day 6 and really not sore or painful at all to move around. My biggest issue lost surgery was acid reflux that has subsided.

Dowm 16lbs and focused on Protein Shakes and water! Must say I am tired....limited calories takes some getting use to!

Better each day though...and man watching the scale move down is surreal! 😀

2 hours ago, plumptofit said:

Had my surgery on the 12th, went home the next day. Advice to you is walk walk walk! It’ll help relieve the gas pain and the air they pump in your stomach to release. Sip sip sip all day, but slowly of course. Im only able to keep 2oz down per hour. Listen to your body it’ll tell you when you’re full. I’m already down 18 pounds, and healing great. Pay close attention to all your docs instructions and follow them to the T for best post-op recovery and you will do great! Best of luck!

S

Anyone scheduled for surgery in January 2018? I'm booked in for the 12th. Would be nice to chat to people in the same stage x

I’m on the 23, how was it?

I know that the majority of you who are post-op say walk, walk, walk but I wondering on how much you are walking, or do you just let your body tell you that’s enough?

I know that the majority of you who are post-op say walk, walk, walk but I wondering on how much you are walking, or do you just let your body tell you that’s enough?

Let your body tell you that’s enough. I still get winded out (6 days post op)... but walk and do what you can to an extreme. Take breaks when you can. Stay hydrated.