Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1. When you are dehydrated.. your urine smells BAD! I almost gagged the first time I went to the restroom and couldn't believe what I was smelling.. (yeah so I make sure to get those liquids in!)

2. You don't use the restroom as much.. I only go maybe twice a day.

3. Acid Reflux! I've noticed when I swallow something too quickly or if I eat that Soup too fast! I get hiccups or I burp a lot. (Never had this issue before).

4. I am always cold! This drives me crazy! (I'm a little dramatic) BUT!.. I literally have to sleep with my pajamas, snuggie with the covers over my head to keep warm. (And yes I take all my vitamins). I am freezing as I am typing this now :blink:

5. Waiters/Waitresses will assume you think their is something wrong with the food when you ask for a TO-GO box. I went to BJ's the other night and ordered a soup and had just a few bites and I became full. I asked our waitress for a TO-GO box and she went into apologetic mode and asked if she could offer me another dish and so on and so on.. very nice of her.. but long story short and lesson learned.. stay away from restaurants as much as possible.. it can be quite annoying dealing with the pressure of not eating your meal.

6. Do not purchase a new wardrobe after you lose those first few pounds. You are losing weight every single day and if you buy jeans today, I promise.. they will be too baggy just a couple weeks later.

7. My advice is to not tell people you are getting/ or had the gastric sleeve surgery. I made the mistake by telling my friends and I get asked a lot of questions such as; "So are you happy now?" "Well.. when are you going to stop losing weight?", "Are you going to act different when you lose all the weight?" It's pretty annoying and people act weird for some reason when you lose weight. I swear people weren't sweatin' me at 330 pounds.

8. I still have cravings! I thought my cravings would go away.. but nope! Still there! The sleeve is really a tool to help you lose weight and it doesn't solve all your problems. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I was craving Taco Bell and I couldn't do nothing about it. But the Good News is.. once you put something in your tummy.. you are full after a few bites and the cravings goes away. But it's a struggle everyday.

9. It takes people awhile to get used to the new you! So in my case.. a lot of friends were still inviting me out to Wine Festivals, Clubs, Brunch and Pop Up Bars. Just recently, my friend invited me to go with her to a Star Wars themed restaurant and I couldn't go because I can't have alcoholic drinks and all they offered were fried comfort foods. My new phrase is "no, sorry I can't go.. I can't eat that stuff remember?" Then it's "ohhh yeahh.. I forgot.. so when will you be able to eat/drink again?". Listen. I have come too far to let ANYBODY sabotage my weight loss journey so I am quick to distance myself from ANYBODY who will sabotage my journey and my advice is to anyone reading this is to stay CONSISTENT. People will catch on and know you mean business.

10. Regret. I did experience some regret after having the sleeve because I would use food to cope with issues I dealt with. And when that was taken away, I had to deal with my issues head on. That was difficult and I wanted to reverse the surgery (which you can't) but now that I'm over that hurtle, I have no regrets at all. I have my good days and bad days. My food addiction was real. And I take it one day at a time like I am in a12 Step Program. I used to socially drink every weekend, I was a heavy marijuana smoker, I DJ on the weekends- so I would get free drinks while I'm at the club. And I stopped everything cold turkey. It's tough, but I can't deny the way I feel. I have more energy w/o caffeine, I get 8 hours of sleep, before I was only getting 4 hours, I am in a much better mood, my skin is glowing, my depression is gone, before I was taking anxiety medication and I have completely stopped that. I look and feel like a new person.. and I never want to back to my old habits.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. You will go through physical and mental challenges but stick to it! You will never have to start over again, if you never give up. Keep at it! ;)

1. When you are dehydrated.. your urine smells BAD! I almost gagged the first time I went to the restroom and couldn't believe what I was smelling.. (yeah so I make sure to get those liquids in!)
2. You don't use the restroom as much.. I only go maybe twice a day.
3. Acid Reflux! I've noticed when I swallow something too quickly or if I eat that Soup too fast! I get hiccups or I burp a lot. (Never had this issue before).
4. I am always cold! This drives me crazy! (I'm a little dramatic) BUT!.. I literally have to sleep with my pajamas, snuggie with the covers over my head to keep warm. (And yes I take all my vitamins). I am freezing as I am typing this now :blink:
5. Waiters/Waitresses will assume you think their is something wrong with the food when you ask for a TO-GO box. I went to BJ's the other night and ordered a soup and had just a few bites and I became full. I asked our waitress for a TO-GO box and she went into apologetic mode and asked if she could offer me another dish and so on and so on.. very nice of her.. but long story short and lesson learned.. stay away from restaurants as much as possible.. it can be quite annoying dealing with the pressure of not eating your meal.
6. Do not purchase a new wardrobe after you lose those first few pounds. You are losing weight every single day and if you buy jeans today, I promise.. they will be too baggy just a couple weeks later.
7. My advice is to not tell people you are getting/ or had the gastric sleeve surgery. I made the mistake by telling my friends and I get asked a lot of questions such as; "So are you happy now?" "Well.. when are you going to stop losing weight?", "Are you going to act different when you lose all the weight?" It's pretty annoying and people act weird for some reason when you lose weight. I swear people weren't sweatin' me at 330 pounds.
8. I still have cravings! I thought my cravings would go away.. but nope! Still there! The sleeve is really a tool to help you lose weight and it doesn't solve all your problems. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I was craving Taco Bell and I couldn't do nothing about it. But the Good News is.. once you put something in your tummy.. you are full after a few bites and the cravings goes away. But it's a struggle everyday.
9. It takes people awhile to get used to the new you! So in my case.. a lot of friends were still inviting me out to Wine Festivals, Clubs, Brunch and Pop Up Bars. Just recently, my friend invited me to go with her to a Star Wars themed restaurant and I couldn't go because I can't have alcoholic drinks and all they offered were fried comfort foods. My new phrase is "no, sorry I can't go.. I can't eat that stuff remember?" Then it's "ohhh yeahh.. I forgot.. so when will you be able to eat/drink again?". Listen. I have come too far to let ANYBODY sabotage my weight loss journey so I am quick to distance myself from ANYBODY who will sabotage my journey and my advice is to anyone reading this is to stay CONSISTENT. People will catch on and know you mean business.
10. Regret. I did experience some regret after having the sleeve because I would use food to cope with issues I dealt with. And when that was taken away, I had to deal with my issues head on. That was difficult and I wanted to reverse the surgery (which you can't) but now that I'm over that hurtle, I have no regrets at all. I have my good days and bad days. My food addiction was real. And I take it one day at a time like I am in a12 Step Program. I used to socially drink every weekend, I was a heavy marijuana smoker, I DJ on the weekends- so I would get free drinks while I'm at the club. And I stopped everything cold turkey. It's tough, but I can't deny the way I feel. I have more energy w/o caffeine, I get 8 hours of sleep, before I was only getting 4 hours, I am in a much better mood, my skin is glowing, my depression is gone, before I was taking anxiety medication and I have completely stopped that. I look and feel like a new person.. and I never want to back to my old habits.
Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. You will go through physical and mental challenges but stick to it! You will never have to start over again, if you never give up. Keep at it! [emoji6]

Thanks for sharing that info!!! Much appreciated[emoji4]
Although I'm getting the mini gastruc bypass on 24Nov, I would reckon it would be relatable to that procedure as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, TashMash25 said:

Thanks for sharing that info!!! Much appreciated
Although I'm getting the mini gastruc bypass on 24Nov, I would reckon it would be relatable to that procedure as well

No matter which surgery you get.. you will experience some of the same things. I put this information out there to let people know they are not alone and you may not receive the support from your family/friends. You will receive 100% support from the bariatric community. Losing the weight is easy, but their is no way to truly prepare for the mental challenges ahead of you. Keep in mind that we all go through the same challenges and we are all fighting obesity together. Best of luck to you! And Congratulations on getting your surgery date!

No matter which surgery you get.. you will experience some of the same things. I put this information out there to let people know they are not alone and you may not receive the support from your family/friends. You will receive 100% support from the bariatric community. Losing the weight is easy, but their is no way to truly prepare for the mental challenges ahead of you. Keep in mind that we all go through the same challenges and we are all fighting obesity together. Best of luck to you! And Congratulations on getting your surgery date!

So true! Very well said[emoji122]🏾 thank you for your support and I hope the best for you in your journey!

The mental challenges one encounters can be very intense. I'm currently on day 6 of my liquid pre op diet and let me tell you it is challenging at every corner [emoji28]
There has been nights I've cried myself to sleep because I'm hungry.
I hope it gets seemingly better with time[emoji120]🏾

18 hours ago, LuckyCharm88 said:

10 Things I've Experienced After Gastric Sleeve

@LuckyCharm88

thanx for sharing your "words of wisdom";)

most newbies et al will appreciate this post.

65 lbs down!! - that's great!!!

keep up the good work

kathy

So true! Very well said[emoji122]🏾 thank you for your support and I hope the best for you in your journey!

The mental challenges one encounters can be very intense. I'm currently on day 6 of my liquid pre op diet and let me tell you it is challenging at every corner [emoji28]
There has been nights I've cried myself to sleep because I'm hungry.
I hope it gets seemingly better with time[emoji120]🏾

You’ve got this! [emoji1377] You are doing great, you’re almost there! You are going to kick this diets [emoji87][emoji86][emoji85] and when you look back at these days you will see what a strong person you are. (((Hugs)))

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

If you only go twice a day you need to up your Water.

I go more than I used to .. now I'm focusing on water intake.

I agree. I never told anyone. Other than my mum. Best thing ever.

You’ve got this! [emoji1377] You are doing great, you’re almost there! You are going to kick this diets [emoji87][emoji86][emoji85] and when you look back at these days you will see what a strong person you are. (((Hugs)))

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

Thanks dear! You are absolutely right!!! We will all pull through this a stronger and healthier individuals[emoji4]