Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post surgery and in a stall

Hi guys,

I'm 11 days post surgery and my weight hasn't moved in 4 days... Is that normal?

I'm still on liquids for another 3-4 days)though I feel I'm ready for puree stage) and I'm hitting my Protein goals. My NUT is happy with my diet of Optifast, runny yoghurt, and protein Water. I'm also walking 7k to 10k per day (I averaged 1500 steps before surgery so I've increased my activity post surgery).

According to the scale my weight and body fat % has not moved in 4 days now... It's hard not to get discouraged.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sounds like you've entered the infamous "three-week stall" a little early. Almost all of us go through our first stall sometime within the first month after surgery. It's usually the third week, but not always. Mine was weeks 2 and 3.

I stalled out for a month after I added food back. Be patient and start adding back cardio as soon as the doctor allows.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

Almost all of us go through our first stall sometime within the first month after surgery. It's usually the third week, but not always.

Yep ... day 15 to day 24 for me ... barely lost 400g in nine days!

Just keep doing what you're doing. I find that sometimes the scale doesn't move for a week or two, then I lose about 5-7 pounds seemingly overnight. I totally skip numbers on the scale, went from 211 lbs to 207 lbs without ever seeing 208-210 on the scale, and I weigh every day.

Look for other ways to measure your success, like clothing getting looser, or take measurements of your waist, hips, and chest. Sometimes even though the scale isn't moving, you can see other things changing.

That's great advice - thanks! I guess it's just hard not to see the scale moving so early in to the journey... I get that I need to be patient, and I will be (I have no choice... haha).

I switched to purees about 3 days earlier than I should have because I feel I am ready, so that's keeping me distracted - There's so much to research on how and what to make so I have options pre-prepared. Fun times :)